Community Member

Default Question for the seasoned players

I started playing ddo about 3 or so months ago. Joined a guild day one, but since have left it trying to find a better fit for myself. I don't want to guild hop, id prefer to do a little research and see if I can find a better fit. I left my previous guild because it was seemingly focused on new players and the other 20+ players in the guild were not often on at the same time as I was. So my question for the more knowledgeable players out there is this. Is this pretty common, do you usually spend more time playing with other guild members than your own? I live in the central time zone in the us, if that will matter.
    Any suggestions or ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

Hi and belated welcome to DDO.

What you are describing tends to be the norm. Some guilds recruit and play the Guild Renown game....and focus on that. More members means higher level..... But actually...less is more. But that subject is for a different thread...

Our guild for example do quite a lot together. From quests...raids...zerging to power level...to helping players get that 1 special needed item. We are focused on teams and community. Pugs are fun...but we look to guild channel or our webchat on our site first.

With that said...there are guilds out there that just look for good respectful players who dont bring drama. I can speak for a few that I know and run many of quests with. Mine of course..... As well as Tyrs...Samauri Pizza Cats....and ToHitArmorClassZero (not to be confused with me).

Hopefully your experience wasnt related to any of the above...

If you are still looking for a new home... Check out the information about us (see my sig). Or...check out any of the guilds which I mentioned. Each of their guild leaders are good fellas.

Good luck and cya in game!

T.
    Last edited by THAC0; 05-21-2013 at 07:50 PM. Reason: massive typos...doing this on my phone....lol
    Blackmoor Defenders (LVL - 193)
    Ghallanda ...Lhazaar 2006
    Forum-ID u779 : Guild Leader of The Blackmoor Defenders

I'm with Noble Dragon.

I run with the Guild Leader often, but the majority of the other guildies are pretty much solo players. Every now and again I'll run with guildies if I'm at the same level that they are.

I'm finding an awful lot of people just want to solo. That seems to be the trend. They seem rather uncomfortable running with groups.

The group I usually run with is semi-static: me, the leader, and the occasional visit from a person who has a toon in our guild (but his higher-level toons are in another guild). The other two are from other guilds.

Nowadays you almost have to network to get a group full of people you're acquinted with...

Community Member

Default thanks

Thanks for the explanations and suggestions. Wanted to give it a few days to see who'd reply. I will do a little bit more looking, but appreciate the help

Quote Originally Posted by jerpka View Post
    Thanks for the explanations and suggestions. Wanted to give it a few days to see who'd reply. I will do a little bit more looking, but appreciate the help
    Sure thing. I hope you got what you needed from testing the waters.

In Tyrs I run almost exclusively with guild mates. We're now large enough there are people on most times of day and night. These folks are friends.

If you're interested in Tyrs, follow the link in my sig and let us know if the fit looks right for you, and for us.

Whatever you do, as I've learned again recently, don't give up. There are a LOT of good people on Ghallanda, and several larger guilds where you'll be playing mostly in guild if that's what you want.

Best of luck!
    Once upon a time, I was part of a team, and we saved some children. That was long ago and far away, and, yes, I am that old.

Nice running the Shroud with you today.

Offer still stands.

Ciao!

Thac0