Default Best Favoured enemy types?

Worried what to pick! Any suggestions?

Undead, evil outsiders and giants is what I usually start with. Might change one or two out at later levels though.
    Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

My usual choices in order:
    • Undead: constant menace from lvls 1 thru 15 or so (Necro IV); not much in the high teens, but they show up again in epics / Eveningstar. And since they're SA/crit-immune, all the extra dmg helps.
    • Giants: also includes trolls & ogres, so it's a great pick for leveling thru Gianthold; and now that GH is epic-fied, it's become that more useful at endgame.
    • Evil Outsiders: mostly for Vale & Amrath; also useful for Threnal, but I've usually outleveled it before I have EO FE.
    • Aberrations: grab bag of different monsters - beholders, scorrow, mind flayers, etc.
    • Constructs: mostly for House Cannith quests (LoB etc.).
    • Elf: mostly for drow in MotU.
    The Once and Future unbongwah

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckislaupir View Post
    My usual choices in order:
    • Undead: constant menace from lvls 1 thru 15 or so (Necro IV); not much in the high teens, but they show up again in epics / Eveningstar. And since they're SA/crit-immune, all the extra dmg helps.
    • Giants: also includes trolls & ogres, so it's a great pick for leveling thru Gianthold; and now that GH is epic-fied, it's become that more useful at endgame.
    • Evil Outsiders: mostly for Vale & Amrath; also useful for Threnal, but I've usually outleveled it before I have EO FE.
    • Aberrations: grab bag of different monsters - beholders, scorrow, mind flayers, etc.
    • Constructs: mostly for House Cannith quests (LoB etc.).
    • Elf: mostly for drow in MotU.
    Pretty much this list, but as I tend to play 12/14 Ranger splits I generally go Undead/Elf/Evil Outsiders upto CitW then swap Elf for Giants for Epic GH.

Some Small Notes:
    1. Aberrations also includes Lolth, funnily enough.
    2. There's a lot of undead in the Demonweb/CitW so FE: Undead is still nice for chopping through stuff towards end game. The Truthful One is a Dracolich, and thus Undead as well.
    3. If you have a 4th or 5th FE, Constructs and Elementals are always fun choices. Constructs includes Shroud Portals.
    4. Primal Avatar can give you a bonus FE choice, and thus another stacking +2 FE Damage.
    ~~ The Theorybuild Author ~~
    ~~ Links: ~ The Stormbringer v2 ~ The Whirling Dervish ~ The Angel of Death ~~