Default Arcane Ranger Seeks Help Part II

I posted this on the old forum board and I got some incredible feedback. I've worked hard since then to improve my items, and would love thoughts/feedback on how I am doing, and how I can get better.

I just leveled up to a Level 14 Arcane Ranger tonight. The one item I know I want to upgrade is the Ring of Unknown Origins. There is a min level 13 variation of the ring that I'd love to get. I'd also love to get something really good to go with the Dynastic Falcata as a Pure Good Khopesh.

Clothes:
    Ogre Belt +6
    Dex Gloves +6
    Striding +30% Boots of Silence +3
    Cloak of Resistance +5
    Underwater Action hat of the Magi (+100 Spell Points)

Jewelry
    Health +6 Necklace of Haggle +3
    Ring of Unknown Origins (Proof vs Poison +6/Proof vs Disease +6/INT +3/CHA +3)
    Proof vs Disease Ring of Spell Resistance (19)
    Blindness Ward Goggles of Minute Seeing
    Armored +1 Bracers of Greater Parrying
    Dusk Heart (Improved False Life/Dusk/Diamond of WIS +3)

Weapons:
    Dynastic Falcata:
    +5/Adamantine/True Law/Ruby of Improved Flame/Ruby of Improved Frost

+5 Riptide Khopesh (Tidal/Frost)
    +4 Icy Burst Khopesh of Pure Good
    +3 Heavy Mace of Ribcracker
    +2 Holy Burst Heavy Mace
    +5 Shocking Burst Longbow of Pure Good

Armor:
    Vulkoorim Fighting Leathers:
    +5/Improved Fire Resistance/Hide +10/Sapphire of Moderate Fortification
    +3 Deathblock Skirmish Leather Armor

I also have a Mantle of the WorldShaper that I've kept. (Heroic Inspiration/Regeneration/Spell Absorption). Thanks for taking the time to read through my stuff.
    CreepinDeth on Orien
    CharlotD HarlotHealer on Orien
    WakeUpDead Wrathchild on Orien

Minos Legens for Heavy Fort is my recommendation if you have the Necropolis pack, or the White Dragonscale Armor from Gianthold that has Heavy Fort too.

EDIT - Cannith Challenge Longbow of Earth is nice too since you could get the level 16 version for in a couple of levels time or just get the level 20 one if you don't plan on TR'ing.

Stoner81.

Thanks Stoner. I'll check out Minos Legens. I'm working my way through Necropolis now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Minos Legens for Heavy Fort is my recommendation if you have the Necropolis pack, or the White Dragonscale Armor from Gianthold that has Heavy Fort too.

EDIT - Cannith Challenge Longbow of Earth is nice too since you could get the level 16 version for in a couple of levels time or just get the level 20 one if you don't plan on TR'ing.

Stoner81.
    CreepinDeth on Orien

Community Member

Default High end weapons and few gear for AA.

*longbow
    Pinion-caught in the web(raid) lv.23 best longbow and it make AA don't have to use melee weapon.
    Once fully upgraded tier 4 version in hand, work as minigun vulcan.

Epic thornlord(field,quest,raid from sand of menec) lv.20
    scroll is no problem now, you can put any 3 sand of menec epicscroll for specific one.
    Seal is easier than scroll but not too hard if you can beat epic quest.
    Shard... Extremly low chance to loot from adq edq.
    Base item of thornlord drop from specific field chest or edq raid(demon queen)

Far below grade but Alchemical longbow(various version-tier 3 is max),cannith challenge bow,greensteel bow for easy access.

* quiver
    Epic elite quiver of poison, additional 1~10 poison damage also high capacity magazine.

* If you want melee weapon, consider balizarde rapier to save feat. Also x3 critical muliplier with 15-20 25% critical chance.
    But still waste enhancement points for aerenal ranger melee accuracy/damage
    Pure ranger with pinion for range only build let you get 18% dodge without buff and cap stone bonus from lv20 ranger-range alacrity, rate of fire)
    Aid epic elite shadow ring... Work as incorporeal wrath.
    * goggle

Epic elite dream visor
    Epic raven sight
    Epic time sensing goggle(clicky swap or... Personal gem setting)

* armor

Flawless black dragon light armor with physical resist rating blue gem.
    Flawless red dragon armor request shard so black is easy to assemble and work better.
    Tier 2 is max for black.
    Epic demonscale is useful vs elemental based magic

Each true reincarnation bonus for ranger stack up to 3 times.
    +2 range damage & +2 elemental resist per 1TR

Pure ranger capstone bonus - range alacrity for persistance DPS with quiver of poison.
    Str stat is critical because bow in strength feat.
    That's the reason most novice user put max dex then quit or blame AA and even say str is not important.
    Also, don't forget active archers focus for single target raid boss(up to stack +15 range damage) or penetration mode for many npc foes.
    Case by case.
    For fair setting, initiate tr at least once with +3~+4 tomes.
    Epic abishai set and update 15 citw weapon colaborate trinket is useful to obtain +3 profane stat bonus.

Once dr/good breaking red gem installed on your bow with house Denith arrow(patron vendor) there is no major raid boss hold DR, damage resist.
    Ex) lord of blade-good&adamantine demon quuen-good&cold iron

There is various setting, It's up to you and current available gear.
    Go to ddowiki. It have most useful info about gear.
    Last edited by GlandIcearrow; 05-11-2013 at 04:37 PM.

WOW, some really good stuff here. Thanks for all the time. I really appreciate it. I've been doing a lot of solo missions, so that's the reason for the Melee weapons, but in groups I'm strictly an archer and personally prefer that. It's rare that ranged items are useful soloing, but it happens now and then. But for me to solo, it's **** near impossible to do just with bow and arrows. I also built my character as Lawful Good and have tried hard to play up that aspect of the character so i tend to gravitate towards Lawful or Good weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by GlandIcearrow View Post
    *longbow
    Pinion-caught in the web(raid) lv.23 best longbow and it make AA don't have to use melee weapon.
    Once fully upgraded tier 4 version in hand, work as minigun vulcan.

Epic thornlord(field,quest,raid from sand of menec) lv.20
    scroll is no problem now, you can put any 3 sand of menec epicscroll for specific one.
    Seal is easier than scroll but not too hard if you can beat epic quest.
    Shard... Extremly low chance to loot from adq edq.
    Base item of thornlord drop from specific field chest or edq raid(demon queen)

Far below grade but Alchemical longbow(various version-tier 3 is max),cannith challenge bow,greensteel bow for easy access.

* quiver
    Epic elite quiver of poison, additional 1~10 poison damage also high capacity magazine.

* If you want melee weapon, consider balizarde rapier to save feat. Also x3 critical muliplier with 15-20 25% critical chance.
    But still waste enhancement points for aerenal ranger melee accuracy/damage
    Pure ranger with pinion for range only build let you get 18% dodge without buff and cap stone bonus from lv20 ranger-range alacrity, rate of fire)
    Aid epic elite shadow ring... Work as incorporeal wrath.
    * goggle

Epic elite dream visor
    Epic raven sight
    Epic time sensing goggle(clicky swap or... Personal gem setting)

* armor

Flawless black dragon light armor with physical resist rating blue gem.
    Flawless red dragon armor request shard so black is easy to assemble and work better.
    Tier 2 is max for black.
    Epic demonscale is useful vs elemental based magic

Each true reincarnation bonus for ranger stack up to 3 times.
    +2 range damage & +2 elemental resist per 1TR

Pure ranger capstone bonus - range alacrity for persistance DPS with quiver of poison.
    Str stat is critical because bow in strength feat.
    That's the reason most novice user put max dex then quit or blame AA and even say str is not important.
    Also, don't forget active archers focus for single target raid boss(up to stack +15 range damage) or penetration mode for many npc foes.
    Case by case.
    For fair setting, initiate tr at least once with +3~+4 tomes.
    Epic abishai set and update 15 citw weapon colaborate trinket is useful to obtain +3 profane stat bonus.

Once dr/good breaking red gem installed on your bow with house Denith arrow(patron vendor) there is no major raid boss hold DR, damage resist.
    Ex) lord of blade-good&adamantine demon quuen-good&cold iron

There is various setting, It's up to you and current available gear.
    Go to ddowiki. It have most useful info about gear.
    CreepinDeth on Orien