Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kruemeli View Post
    I would not be in favor of a server merge.
    I never have had a real problem grouping when I want to... or having people join my LFMs when I want to.

Why not petition turbine to reactivate their pay-to-move character Services and then seek out one of the more crowded Servers?
    How would a merger negatively affect you? You get groups now, you will get groups after a merge. Why not merge and have 2 happy customers instead of just 1?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by lowkster View Post
    How would a merger negatively affect you? You get groups now, you will get groups after a merge. Why not merge and have 2 happy customers instead of just 1?
    considering a wayfinder and orien Merger...
    I know for a fact that some of my toons have name-equivalents on wayfinder THAT ARE NOT on my account.
    I have altitis... and Play on Orien and Wayfinder...

If Orien and Wayfinder merge... then who gets to Keep the toon Name... and who has to Change? (I would not be a happy customer)
    If Orien and Wayfinder merge... then I end up with too many characters on my account... either cannot play them all... or else have to buy more character Slots... I would not be a happy customer... but turbine might be happy to take my Money.

So a Server merge would not make me happy. Exactly the opposite in fact.
    (The same actually goes for Orien and Cannith... Orien and Sarlona would not cause me sooo many Problems)
    Last edited by kruemeli; 05-11-2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: having the text window be dark grey with black text leads to typos!
    kruemeli - Orien. Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits
    http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread...ld-Name-Change
    It's OK to be "merry":
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4t185wl-0

Community Member

I know for a fact that some of my toons have name-equivalents on wayfinder THAT ARE NOT on my account.

If Orien and Wayfinder merge... then who gets to Keep the toon Name... and who has to Change? (I would not be a happy customer)
    If Orien and Wayfinder merge... then I end up with too many characters on my account... either cannot play them all... or else have to buy more character Slots... I would not be a happy customer... but turbine might be happy to take my Money.

(The same actually goes for Orien and Cannith... Orien and Sarlona would not cause me sooo many Problems)
    Those were just number of active characters on, off of Oracle at the time. I dont know how many of those are individual accounts, or dual or more boxing. We can't find out how many active individual accounts per day per server.

Mergers would create naming and character slot problems, no way around that one that I know of.

Turbine is not going to allow server transfer passes, don't know a game that does.

Community Member

Adding Wayfinder's population to Orien wouldn't do anything to Orien LFMs that anyone would notice.

Anyone advocating such a move should level a toon from 1 to 20 on Wayfinder to get understand just how small an active population that server has.

The solution isn't to merge servers, it's to increase the player base of all servers.

Community Member

Why can't we have duplicate names? Frankly I'm sure we have the technology to have people with the same name...in real life I'm not the only Tim in this dimension....

Community Member

Since everything in DDO is instanced, I'm surprised they ever bothered having different servers to begin with, except perhaps for real-world distance issues. The more people there are on a single server, the more opportunities everyone has to find guilds and groups that suit their purposes, and if it's done correctly, it should result in less server-based slowness, unless the different servers already share resources.

Quote Originally Posted by ~kruemeli View Post

I don't think we need a merge of servers however i wouldn't be opposed to it either. I just hope if this does happen we don't get stuck with Wayfinder I have made alts on all servers and wayfinder is not just a dead server but a NON English server. I would prefer to play with people who I can talk to.
    A drunk is in front of a judge. The judge says, 'You've been brought here for drinking.' The drunk says, 'Okay, let's get started.

The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokarn17 View Post
    I'd support a merge with Wayfinder. Wayfinder is empty, really empty, Orien could use more players.
    /not signed

I like a lag free Wayfinder.
    Last edited by sdrocky; 07-24-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalexilf View Post
    I don't think we need a merge of servers however i wouldn't be opposed to it either. I just hope if this does happen we don't get stuck with Wayfinder I have made alts on all servers and wayfinder is not just a dead server but a NON English server. I would prefer to play with people who I can talk to.
    The DE was removed from Wayfinder. there is no longer a language designation on this server. World broadcasts are now in English.

Also ive never had an issue communicating with anyone on wayfinder so maybe you should check your facts prior to making a comment such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalexilf View Post
    Wayfinder is not dead, and sdrocky has already addressed your 'NON English' faux pas. However, your assumption that an entire group of players cannot speak your language reflects poorly on you. I shall be nice, and call it ignorance instead of bigotry.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

My question is this: If I have 10 characters on Orien and 10 characters on Wayfinder and they do a server merge, do I only get to keep 10 of those 20 characters? If the answer is yes, then I am fully against a server merge of any servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Now obviously DDOracle isn't perfect - for example: when it says "Active" it simply means "Had been Logged on within 6 months"
    BUT
    Taking it's stats for populations of each server from April:

Thelanis - Number of Active Characters: 100913
    Khyber - Number of Active Characters: 97343
    Ghallanda - Number of Active Characters: 90667
    Argo - Number of Active Characters: 86814
    Sarlona - Number of Active Characters: 82451
    Orien - Number of Active Characters: 69238
    Cannith - Number of Active Characters: 67648
    Wayfinder - Number of Active Characters: 8459

I'd suggest:

Merging Cannith with Sarlona - Joint Population - 150,099
    Merging Orien with Argo - Joint Population - 156,052
    &
    Merging Wayfinder with Ghallanda - Joint Population - 100,026

Leave Thelanis as is for the moment.

Make Khyber the Default world for New Players.

We'd still have 5 {FIVE} Servers!

OR

You could Merge Khyber and Thelanis BUT I don't feel that's necessary as YET!

Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    My question is this: If I have 10 characters on Orien and 10 characters on Wayfinder and they do a server merge, do I only get to keep 10 of those 20 characters? If the answer is yes, then I am fully against a server merge of any servers.
    Simple - I have 29 Character Slots per server - Merged Servers would receive all the slots from BOTH!

If Sarlona and Cannith were to be merged I would have 28+10 = 38 Characters on the merged server!
    I would be able to make 21 more before maxing my Slots

As for Naming Rights - Again...Simple!

Franq Ohmsford of Sarlona would join Larystessian Caravardian of Cannith!
    And all characters would have the "Of...." Moniker!

So No-One would need a name change whatsoever!

I do feel that if the Devs were to go with a Server Merge they'd definitely take these issues into account!
    AND
    I feel that the only fair and just thing to do is to Allow us to keep what we have!

i.e. Shared Bank - 80/80 on BOTH Cannith and Sarlona - Merge the Servers and I get 160 Slots!
    i.e. I am the Leader {and Founder} of Scions of Stormreach on Cannith AND of Auslanders on Wayfinder - If those two Servers were to be merged I should have the ability to MERGE the two guilds and choose which name to keep!

The one thing that would make me leave the game right now Is the continued lack of LFM groups.

I am always alone , and I wanted to play ddo with other people.

would love a server merge , look as khybers thread count compared to poor orien

Quote Originally Posted by ~Keymaker View Post
    Orien seems pretty active to me. If you can't find groups, maybe you're the problem.

For years, I've heard complaining about dearth of LFMs "I want to join" or "For quests/raids I want to do." Is it really a complaint about server population? Or proportion of population willing to host LFMs? Don't complain about lack of LFMs. Whether quests or raids, you have to take the initiative, and put one up. Just be honest about what you're looking for, whether it's:
    (1) No slackers!
    (2) BYOH
    (3) Know Quest
    (4) Need Guide
    (5) All optionals
    (6) W/E

Also, it's important to build relationships and make a positive impression if you want to explore more of the game. Join a guild that does the things you're interested in. Join channels that do the things you're interested in. You really can't expect to sit back and have your optimal game experience delivered to you.
    This^.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Community Member

Turbine is just stupid for even having more than 1 server to distance so few players.

Default server merge

i realy hope server merges aren't needed, it's usualy a sign that the game is dieing slowly.
    but to set your mind at ease:

after aion was forced into a server merge all toons had 2 or 3 letters added to their name (corresponding to the original server they came from).
    All toons were geven a name change token.
    nobody lost toons

i hope this helps

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by Kenedos View Post
    Orien has been pretty empty nowadays.

I would like to suggest a server merge with another server so that we can find people to party with again...

Just a suggestion, thanks!
    I actually disagree, but ....

If there was no lag whatsoever... that would be another issue.

Community Member

Default Solo everything Elite? what about epic

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post
    This turbine killed it. There is less incentive to pug especially with bravery bonus, death penalty, and scaling. I can solo elite in my sorc much easier by myself than with other players who just up monster hps and don't contribute as much. I still pug a lot just because I like playing with others and don't get wound about xp penalties so much

Sorry? English please.

I think it's temporary. People will eventually come back after they've tried NWO out. From the review I read, character customization is very limited, and the quests are the standard, dumb, WOW model: kill x monsters, collect x things, or kill x monsters who drop x thing which you need to collect x of. These are two of the things that drove me away from WOW and back to DDO. I'm sure other players will find that model boring and return.

It would be nice for the lfm panel to post across servers like wow's dungeon finder does. But I fear for lag. Although, wow has no lag that I noticed, so they managed a solution. I just think the folks at turbine have done too many stupid things lately (these forums for instance) and I don't trust them not to f our lfm system up if they touch that.
    NWN is as bad as you've heard, looks pretty but another boring mindless button bash i lasted one hour when it first came out & Good luck on completing Epic Elite quests solo specially the level 24+ that just aint gonna happen, same as most of the raids, thats what pugs are really for BYOH killed DDO

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoki_Garratt View Post
    NWN is as bad as you've heard, looks pretty but another boring mindless button bash i lasted one hour when it first came out & Good luck on completing Epic Elite quests solo specially the level 24+ that just aint gonna happen, same as most of the raids, thats what pugs are really for BYOH killed DDO
    Off topic necro FTW.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast