Community Member

Default Flame blade and animal form

I noticed, that in animal form bonus dmg. from flame blade is still taken from my str. atribute not wis.
    There where previously posts on forum, but beacus datebase was transfered, they're lost now.
    So my question is, is it WAI, or is it a bug ?

Community Member

As far as we know, its working as intended. When in animal form, you only get the special enchantments on the weapon like flaming taking effect.
    You don't get the base properties of the weapon itself like crit range, damage dice, or which stat applies. I'm fairly sure that the other weapons with unusual stats to hit and damage don't get those effects in animal form either.

Community Member

Thanks for answer.
    Well it's a pity that my build won't be as usable as i thought it would.

As flame blade is only situationally useful at best, I would be hard-pressed to create a Wis-based druid based primarily around that spell. So many mobs are resistant or immune to fire that the Wis-bonus to attack and damage really only makes it useful for a caster-based druid in the first place, and even then, you will often be more effective casting than swinging a scimitar around.

Wis to hit/dmg not working in animal form is definitely WAI (devs have said so, though I don't have a link).

Flame blade really just isn't that great a spell, even for a max wisdom elemental druid fighting non-fire resistant mobs it's only moderately better than good regular weapons because the FB mods just aren't that great (it's pretty good from 16-19, but both before 16 and in epics lvl comparable weapons are much better).

Too bad because dual FB in fire elemental form with body of the sun going looks pretty Fing cool.