Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Default Drow or human

I am comparing drow with human. (drow starts with 16 con, 20 cha)
    Drow get 3 more cha (possibly 2 more dc ) and 1 more enchantment dc (+6 ehchant saves )
    human get more 2 more con (30hp), 1 feat (greater focus of 1 school)? 3 more skill points in every level.

1 feat is compensated by the enchantment dc, 2 more con cant match with 3 more cha. And with 10 int and +4 tomes, drows will have 66 skill points, enough to maximize spellcraft and concentration (46 ranks), 14 ranks in umd, 2 in heal/perform/tumble each.

I am thinking probably drow will be a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by mistalley View Post
    I am comparing drow with human. (drow starts with 16 con, 20 cha)
    Drow get 3 more cha (possibly 2 more dc ) and 1 more enchantment dc (+6 ehchant saves )
    human get more 2 more con (30hp), 1 feat (greater focus of 1 school)? 3 more skill points in every level.

1 feat is compensated by the enchantment dc, 2 more con cant match with 3 more cha. And with 10 int and +4 tomes, drows will have 66 skill points, enough to maximize spellcraft and concentration (46 ranks), 14 ranks in umd, 2 in heal/perform/tumble each.

I am thinking probably drow will be a better choice.
    14 ranks in UMD? Interesting.

Skills are a moot point, since Humans get +1 skill point per level, which is effectively +2 INT only for the purposes of skill points, the same as Drow.
    I didn't actually read the thread, since I don't play casters right now so I can't evaluate relative importance of things such as DC, HP, CHA, and feats. But I know how skills work, so I could inform there.

What spells would you recommend to take on a new character while leveling?

I can't imagine getting my level up to use scorching ray by smacking stuff with a staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Xunnar View Post

I can't imagine getting my level up to use scorching ray by smacking stuff with a staff.
    Burning hands is awesome. But honestly, I just run past everything and then spam Burning hands and Acid Spray. You should have the mana pool to do it. Get the Burning hands SLA and Empower/Maximize it, then use your normal Burning Hands and Acid Spray without Empower and Maximize. Those three spells should wipe out an entire room of mobs at low levels.

I'll update my build with the new gear from the Necrolopis 4 soon. Need 4 more MoDs for the Deific Diadem.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Quote Originally Posted by Xunnar View Post

I usually use sonic blast + air savant slas max'd and empowered. At low levels, sonic blast stuns everything (turn off max+emp for it) and breaks everything. Imo, it's the best low level spell by far.

This build in now outdated.
    Triple Heroic & Epic completionist. Eroic : 42/42 - Epic : 36/36 - Iconic : 12/12.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanhooger View Post
    Hi, what is up-to-date sorc build then? Or what should be changed from OP? Thinking of rolling one. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by LukasCZ View Post
    Hi, what is up-to-date sorc build then? Or what should be changed from OP? Thinking of rolling one. Thank you
    Sorry, I should have explained it better.

The gear setup is outdated since Update 23 was a big power creep.

Also I will run in light armor now instead of robe, because of all the prr and mrr change.

At least that is what I'm going to do with my Sorc, maybe OP disagree with me.
    Triple Heroic & Epic completionist. Eroic : 42/42 - Epic : 36/36 - Iconic : 12/12.

Facepalm. I've no idea who you are or why you would even comment randomly this.

Sorry, I should have explained it better.

The gear setup is outdated since Update 23 was a big power creep.

Also I will run in light armor now instead of robe, because of all the prr and mrr change.

At least that is what I'm going to do with my Sorc, maybe OP disagree with me.
    Also I'm not sure why you would comment that this build is outdated. It is absolutely not. Gear? Eh, maybe. I still haven't got all my gear this is why the OP is not updated.

But there you, the gear set:

- Head: Epic Deific Diadem
    - Necklace: Epic Noxious Ember
    - Trinket: Epic Litany of the Dead
    - Cloak: GS +45 HP Gloves Mineral II (Heavy fort)
    - Belt: Epic Belt of Thoughtful Remembrance
    - Ring1: Calitomes' Ring (+6 Charisma, +1 Exceptional Dex, 20% Heal amp)
    Ring1 Swap: EE Ring of the Djinni
    - Boots: Orcish Privateer's Boots
    - Gloves: Epic Fanged Gloves
    - Bracers: Dumathoin's Bracers (30 PRR, 45 Elemental Resistance, Yellow Slot: Globe of True Imperial Blood)
    - Armor: Shadowscale Robe (+1 Profane DC, Blue slot: Vitality +20, Green slot: Topaz of Greater Enchantment)
    - Goggles: GS +6 Int skill, +4 Cha skills, Blindness Immunity
    - Ring2: Lantern Ring (Colorless slot: +8 STR, Green slot: +7 Int)
    - Main Hand: Thunder-Forged Scepter (+12, +36 Spell Implement, 150 Magnetism Spellpower, +6 Evocation DC, 22% Electric lore, Orange slot: Meridian Fragment)
    - Off-hand: Libram of Silver Magic

Easy. If you want me to explain why I chose something over something else, I won't.

Build official up-to-date now

Quote Originally Posted by LukasCZ View Post
    Build is pretty up-to-date. Still kicking asses everywhere with this. Missing my belt and have to re-make my GS HP Item still but I'm not sure I will bother with Epic Fanged Gloves. The SP Discount is not worth the hassle to farm Shroud for Shards to me. Also, I'd have to free the goggles slot as well to slot +3 Insightful Charisma with Intricated Fiel Optics which would mean combine HP and SP GS Item into one cloak item.

Instead, I'll just slot +2 Insightful Charisma on the Deific Diadem, Heal and Spellcraft +15 somewhere and call it a day. I'm pretty sure I won't miss that +1 Charisma and I'm not willing to bother with Shroud just for it. Of course, if you want to do it, DCs will be slightly better.

Off-hand been replaced with Libram. Fire SP and Critical are on Noxious Embers, so gained 2% Critical chance and +10 Spell power.
    Last edited by Wizza; 12-10-2014 at 04:50 AM.

I would only look at droping scroll masterys add shroud to get 30% amp and drop 2 points into light armor proficiency.
    Also if you want more spp you can get 3 more from harper for 3 ap heh.
    Not worth it.

As i said in sestras build, im running around currently as humie sorc with 120 prr and 45 mrr, without amp ring its 125 and 50.
    Mix with past lifes dodge air savant and belt + haste, it adds to 18% dodge.

That is only thing i would suggest to you to update, the ammount of defense you can have as fleshie sorc is incredibly high currently with armor up

Twist wise stop being lazy and get sense/empyrian/enchant and coocon xD

Also im droping libram for a th offhande with force, focus and universal crit.
    Ruin adds up just so much dps, and i think it is worth it, would use libram if i had spare ap to get the 10 spp while wielding a orb in human tree

Also feat wise i would suggest again to drop 2 evoc feats for 1 more enchant and use 2nd one as place holder for completionist /really not that hard to get nowadays
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 12-10-2014 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    I would only look at droping scroll masterys add shroud to get 30% amp and drop 2 points into light armor proficiency.
    Also if you want more spp you can get 3 more from harper for 3 ap heh.
    Not worth it.

As i said in sestras build, im running around currently as humie sorc with 120 prr and 45 mrr, without amp ring its 125 and 50.
    Mix with past lifes dodge air savant and belt + haste, it adds to 18% dodge.

That is only thing i would suggest to you to update, the ammount of defense you can have as fleshie sorc is incredibly high currently with armor up

Twist wise stop being lazy and get sense/empyrian/enchant and coocon xD

Also im droping libram for a th offhande with force, focus and universal crit.
    Ruin adds up just so much dps, and i think it is worth it, would use libram if i had spare ap to get the 10 spp while wielding a orb in human tree
    Get Shroud and drop Epic Noxious? No way. My 20% Heal amp ToD ring is much better, there are no rings for Sorcerers anyway. With the next update it's gonna be 40 IIRC and that is more than enough for anything.

Not sure I need more defense honestly. I have around 60 PRR iirc and Displacement + Wings. Unless I play carelessly, while chatting with friends and stuff in Red Alert, it's pretty difficult to die.

I'm not doing 12 more Epic past lives to get a 4/3/2/1 setup, unless you are giving me 12 Epic stones of course Sense weakness is kinda useless in this update with everything being immune to Enchantment anyway. Maybe in the next one, no idea.

I've already a Force SP/focus/Force critical Thunderforged scepter when I want to use Ruin. I use that AND libram when I use Ruin. Way better. It's a bit of swapping every 15s but I'm used to it.

Also feat wise i would suggest again to drop 2 evoc feats for 1 more enchant and use 2nd one as place holder for completionist /really not that hard to get nowadays
    Why would I need 1 more Enchant? I can hold everything in this game. Completionist is not happening for the same reason I'm not getting 12 more Epic past lives. No time, not willing to.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Facepalm. I've no idea who you are or why you would even comment randomly this.

If you want me to explain why I chose something over something else, I won't.
    It's not randomly.

No I don't.

You know people may think in a different way then you, that's why people write on the forum. Those were my thoughts and I already said that you could maybe disagree with me.

I don't know who you think you are & I don't know you either.
    Last edited by Vanhooger; 12-10-2014 at 07:09 AM.

It's not randomly.

No I don't.
    Mhm, after 1 month of noone writing here, it is mostly random. So you are not even interested in my gear setup, why bother at all?

You know people may think in a different way then you, that's why people write on the forum. Those were my thoughts and I already said that you could maybe disagree with me.

I don't know who you think you are & I don't know you either.
    Good. I answer people that think in a different way, just as I answered Blackheart above. I don't like people trashing other builds for no reasons and out of nowhere, specially when they are wrong.

Bye.

Mhm, after 1 month of noone writing here, it is mostly random. So you are not even interested in my gear setup, why bother at all?

Good. I answer people that think in a different way, just as I answered Blackheart above. I don't like people trashing other builds for no reasons and out of nowhere, specially when they are wrong.

Bye.
    Dude,sorry, I'm not here fighting with you about your build, I know it's a great one and probably the only one in the forum about dc sorc.

I made a mistake on the first post, but I said in the next one that the gear setup was outdated as per U23.

It wasn't my intention to say that the build was totally outdated.

Also, In my opinion I will go for Light Armor.

Didn't came here randomly. I just Tr'd into sorc again and I was looking for possibly new sorc build.
    Last edited by Vanhooger; 12-10-2014 at 08:11 AM.

Dude,sorry, I'm not here fighting with you about your build, I know it's a great one and probably the only one in the forum about dc sorc.

I made a mistake on the first post, but I said in the next one that the gear setup was outdated as per U23.

It wasn't my intention to say that the build was totally outdated.

Also, In my opinion I will go for Light Armor.

Didn't came here randomly. I just Tr'd into sorc again and I was looking for possibly new sorc build.
    Well coming here and just saying "Hey this build is trash now, don't use it" (which is the equivalent of the Build is now outdated) sounds pretty wrong and rude to me.

Your opinion is welcomed, as long as it's stated in a good way.

The only part about this build that is outdated is the gear, which I wrote anyway some posts above and will update into the OP when I get my belt.

Light armor: yes, maybe. I didn't look into that but the idea of a Sorcerer with Light Armor, however good that is, is disturbing to me.

I didn't look into that but the idea of a Sorcerer with Light Armor, however good that is, is disturbing to me.
    Agreed - I simply can't bring myself to build a human sorc with light armor...its so...wrong.

(Unless of course they release the Warmage, which IMHO is unlikely)
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Officer of The Innfellows

Quote Originally Posted by thesnoman View Post
    Agreed - I simply can't bring myself to build a human sorc with light armor...its so...wrong.

(Unless of course they release the Warmage, which IMHO is unlikely)
    Thing is, you can as fleshie max 1 savant, get most char and crit line from 2nd, example fire and wind and with human charisma and action boost you get enough ap for char 1 in eldritch which also gives you shield for 10 prr mage armor for ac and light armor proficiency.
    Why i like how i got my main build is simple, i dont fear getting hit in any ee content with 125 prr which gets me meridian stacks.
    ALso spells hurt way less with 50 mrr.
    As eth said smartly in a thread and i followed his advice, there is no reason for any arcane not to go light armor at least.
    For robots addie body as well is a magnificent idea since the defenses are massive.

Example im runing around with 1100 hp, maxed dcs /more then wizza since i have past lifes, 130 prr in earth savant now /since i want mark solo speed runs and eh duo runs, maybe a eh solo for my own sake, and im just a fleshie human sorc.
    Also funny fact i get to 100 ac heh.

There is apsolutely no valid reason not to go for light armor no matter how odd it sounds, the benefits are just to big with not a big investion.
    It also drastically improved performance in quests
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 12-10-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Thing is, you can as fleshie max 1 savant, get most char and crit line from 2nd, example fire and wind and with human charisma and action boost you get enough ap for char 1 in eldritch which also gives you shield for 10 prr mage armor for ac and light armor proficiency.
    Why i like how i got my main build is simple, i dont fear getting hit in any ee content with 125 prr which gets me meridian stacks.
    ALso spells hurt way less with 50 mrr.
    As eth said smartly in a thread and i followed his advice, there is no reason for any arcane not to go light armor at least.
    For robots addie body as well is a magnificent idea since the defenses are massive.

Example im runing around with 1100 hp, maxed dcs /more then wizza since i have past lifes, 130 prr in earth savant now /since i want mark solo speed runs and eh duo runs, maybe a eh solo for my own sake, and im just a fleshie human sorc.
    Also funny fact i get to 100 ac heh.

There is apsolutely no valid reason not to go for light armor no matter how odd it sounds, the benefits are just to big with not a big investion.
    It also drastically improved performance in quests
    Some of us just don't like weird stuff like Sorcerers in Light Armor. That's the only reason I got for you why I'm not going to wear it. Yes, it would help but nop, I don't care enough for me to go for it.

Well, robes still have a minor advantage. You can swap them without waiting
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Well, robes still have a minor advantage. You can swap them without waiting
    Dont think i ever swaped shadowscale heh

Also wizza if you dont like the "look" just use cosmetics, they added mirror for a reason
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 12-11-2014 at 05:40 AM.

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast