Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

I just found the answer to all my DC problems for the new quests:

Acid savant and Acid Draconic Incarnation. Tank up with some HP, spam Waves + Icestorm on every group of mob and tank in Acid Rain until EBurst is off-cooldown. No saves required, no gear investment other than a TF dagger (which may take a while).

I'm not kidding. The most hated Savant is actually the best option if you want to play any kind of Sorcerer in the new content.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    The most hated Savant
    hey...earth savant is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    hey...earth savant is awesome
    Yeah, only have to wait 2 hours for Acid rain to kill something on epic

Yeah, only have to wait 2 hours for Acid rain to kill something on epic
    Better than nothing...

Better than nothing...
    What are you trying to say..

Don't forget to craft a elemental acid vulnerability greataxe from ToEE to boost your acid damage further. I would think Dwarf will be the best race to choose as you can use your con for weapon damage which helps your dc on Earthgrab.

Also, you can use cloudkill inflicting massive amounts of con damage on demons and devils and instant killing creatures with low hit dice. It also has the benefit of when Barbarian has forgot to bring a everbright weapon in a room full of oozes so will not to break his axe.

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post
    Don't forget to craft a elemental acid vulnerability greataxe from ToEE to boost your acid damage further. I would think Dwarf will be the best race to choose as you can use your con for weapon damage which helps your dc on Earthgrab.

Also, you can use cloudkill inflicting massive amounts of con damage on demons and devils and instant killing creatures with low hit dice. It also has the benefit of when Barbarian has forgot to bring a everbright weapon in a room full of oozes so will not to break his axe.
    I'm sorry but there is absolutely no way for me to craft anything from ToEE as I dislike that quest with all my heart.

As for the Dwarf and Earthgrab, I'm not taking Earthgrab at all. I don't think it can be any useful in the EEs with a DC in the 60s, when you need over 80 DC to land reliably in the new pack. Which is the main reason for going Acid savant after all, so I won't really care about saves.

Yeah, I think I'll fit cloudkill somehow. The main problem is gonna be level 4 spell slot, with Acid Rain, DDoor, Ice Storm and Solid Fog. I think I will forget about Crushing Despair which saddens me but it's gonna be useless in U27.
    Last edited by Wizza; 07-24-2015 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post

Dwarf would be tough... I cant see it.. show me a build that utilizes Dwarf (-2cha to start) as a Sorc and can still use Throw your weight around (16AP in the Racial line) without taking a big hit in Sorc Enhancements.
    Sorc doesn't get martial proficiency for weapons, Axes are all Martial.. Sorc to hit would be terrible using a weapon even with Masters touch...
    Poor Synergy with Dwarf and Sorc...

If you are going Dwarf you are likely going to be a Melee.. not swing an ax 20 times to add ticks of vulnerability so you can make the mob susceptible to spell damage.... sorry I just don't see it..

You wont be doing massive amounts of anything with cloudkill on Demons. Demons are immune to poison and hence..
    ~Cloudkill~ Creatures immune to poison are undamaged by this spell. (Includes all red and purple named)
    and.. New content is full of Orange and Red named mobs.. so likely a lot of epic wards and high immunities to contend with

have the CR's for cloudkill been revamped?.. can only insta-kill mobs less than CR3..
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Cloudkill
    ~Creatures with 3 or less Hit Dice die instantly, no save
    Mobs with CR's this low will kill themselves before being insta-killed ever doing any damage to a player that can cast Cloudkill
    ~Creatures with 4, 5 or 6 Hit Dice must succeed on a Fortitude save or die
    ~Creatures with 7 or more Hit Dice take 2d6 acid damage plus 1 damage per caster level - Max 2d6+20 at CL20 and 1d4 Con damage every 2 seconds. Con damage and Acid damage is halved on a Fort save.

Things I have found while using cloudkill.. Mobs that are susceptible to cloudkill will instantly move out of cloudkill.
    Cloudkill is not that useful except for the 20% concealment.

I'm sorry but there is absolutely no way for me to craft anything from ToEE as I dislike that quest with all my heart.

As for the Dwarf and Earthgrab, I'm not taking Earthgrab at all. I don't think it can be any useful in the EEs with a DC in the 60s, when you need over 80 DC to land reliably in the new pack. Which is the main reason for going Acid savant after all, so I won't really care about saves.

Yeah, I think I'll fit cloudkill somehow. The main problem is gonna be level 4 spell slot, with Acid Rain, DDoor, Ice Storm and Solid Fog. I think I will forget about Crushing Despair which saddens me but it's gonna be useless in U27.
    Could pickup the Dragonmark for DDoor. cost you a feat.. but is not a bad way to go.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 07-24-2015 at 08:50 AM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Could pickup the Dragonmark for DDoor. cost you a feat.. but is not a bad way to go.
    Not a bad idea. But I don't quite remember exactly how Dragonmarks work now. Don't I need to spend some APs in the Human tree to get DDoor?

Not a bad idea. But I don't quite remember exactly how Dragonmarks work now. Don't I need to spend some APs in the Human tree to get DDoor?
    The feat unlocks the left side of the tree.
    would be 3AP for you in tree.. 1 AP for T1 Expedious retreat, and 2 AP for T2 DDoor. ( the 2nd tier requires 5AP be spent.. so if you had no Human tree selected items it would require 7 AP .. you already have 5)
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

The feat unlocks the left side of the tree.
    would be 3AP for you in tree.. 1 AP for T1 Expedious retreat, and 2 AP for T2 DDoor. ( the 2nd tier requires 5AP be spent.. so if you had no Human tree selected items it would require 7 AP .. you already have 5)
    Not sure where to get those 2 APs actually. I think I'm a bit too tight on APs to get DDoor with Enhancement. I'll probably just stick with leaving Crushing Despair out, if Saves are not adjusted in the new update.

Community Member

I'm not kidding. The most hated Savant is actually the best option if you want to play any kind of Sorcerer in the new content.
    I rather quit the game ....

Quote Originally Posted by moo_cow View Post
    I rather quit the game ....
    I just did the first quest with Acid/Cold Savant. Absolutely destroyied (and noone even dares saying I died in there, I deny everything) up until the boss..which is immune to both Acid and Cold. So yeah, good luck playing anything that isn't a Cold/Air savant in there. You will either suck with trash mobs or with boss.

(and noone even dares saying I died in there, I deny everything)

I lagged

Good news: Air savant is actually not bad for the raid, despite some Tiefling with some serious Electric Resistance. But if you plan on doing the new quests, should totally re-roll to Cold as primary. Air as secondary can work.
    Invite 1-5 friends for the quest. Throw some CC (optional). Get flagged for the raid. Ignore the quests from there. Raid is fine as air savant.
    I'm staying air/cold.

Any thoughts on new gear? Cloak/gloves/ring are looking pretty good.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Invite 1-5 friends for the quest. Throw some CC (optional). Get flagged for the raid. Ignore the quests from there. Raid is fine as air savant.
    I'm staying air/cold.

Any thoughts on new gear? Cloak/gloves/ring are looking pretty good.
    I respecced to Cold/Air and see how it goes for both raids and quests.

Gear looks solid. I'm planning to get Gloves and Cloak, ring feels pretty useless to me.

I respecced to Cold/Air and see how it goes for both raids and quests.

Gear looks solid. I'm planning to get Gloves and Cloak, ring feels pretty useless to me.
    I'm Air/Cold now and have no idea how to gear my toon.

I want to wear the Cloak and the Gloves (which I got yesterday) and, untill I'm cold secondary, I will want the Necklace as well. This means I either have to recraft my GS items into one or just give them up completely losing 45 HP, some SP and +6 Int skills.

As of right now, I'm leaning towards crafting a GS item into the boots slot, which admittedly don't give me much (Speed more than anything). So it would be something like this:

- Head: Epic Deific Diadem (Green slot: Fear Immunity, Yellow slot: )
    - Necklace: Resonation
    - Trinket: Epic Litany of the Dead
    - Cloak: Countenance (Yellow Slot: Blindness Immunity)
    - Belt: Epic Belt of Thoughtful Remembrance
    - Ring1: Calitomes' Ring (+6 Charisma, +1 Exceptional Dex, 20% Heal amp)
    Ring1 Swap: EE Ring of the Djinni
    - Boots: GS +10 HP, +15 HP, +100 SP, +6 Int Skills
    - Gloves: Gauntlets of the Arcane Soldier
    - Bracers: Dumathoin's Bracers (30 PRR, 45 Elemental Resistance, Yellow Slot: Globe of True Imperial Blood)
    - Armor: Shadowscale Robe (+1 Profane DC, Blue slot: False Life +40, Green slot: Topaz of Greater Enchantment)
    - Goggles: EE Intricate Field Optics +3 Insightful Cha (Green slot: Vitality +20, Yellow slot: Insightful Constitution +2)
    - Ring2: Lantern Ring (Colorless slot: +8 STR, Green slot: Power +250)
    - Main Hand: Thunder-Forged Scepter (+12, +36 Spell Implement, 150 Magnetism Spellpower, +6 Evocation DC, 22% Electric lore, Orange slot: Meridian Fragment)
    - Off-hand: Thunder-Forged Scepter (+12, +36 Spell Implement, 150 Glaciation Spellpower, +6 Enchantment DC, 22% Ice Critical lore, Orange: Devotion 138, Colorless: Empty for now)

Does lantern ring + resonation even work?
    On lamma you wouldn't get both procs with both equipped, in which case I'd stick with lantern ring only.

Anyone knows?
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Does lantern ring + resonation even work?
    On lamma you wouldn't get both procs with both equipped, in which case I'd stick with lantern ring only.

Anyone knows?
    Hm, good point but Resonance was proccing multiple times on a single spell, e.g. you would get 3 procs from Scorching Ray. No idea if that is WAI, if it got fixed or anything. If only Lamannia was up.

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast