Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Are you guys gonna stay as sorcs for next update or tr to barbs?

Im just wondering, after what sev wrote about saves, it kinda made me angry.
    Short summary, mobs have 50 to all saves, some have stronger saves going up to 55, they get dring green alert 20% more to stats, and +4 to saves, temple spawns insta green and yellow and sometimes oranger, so we can says its +6 to saves, and the very new thing that mob have +6 to saves when full hp, that i never knew existed in game, and the save is +4 when damaged.
    It brings up all saves mobs can reach for strong save 65 for strong save, making players with 85 enchant not suceed 100%.
    Lets assume you have 73 enchant, i dont want to calculate max possible, but lets say 73 for now which is super high if you focus on it, or 73 will save.
    Since mobs have 65 save, or 60 non weak save that makes players with 73 will save fail when mobs roll a 8 or more, basically meaning that there is no point to play a sorc imo..

So are you guys gonna tr to barbs or try to raise voices on lama?
    I have no idea what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Are you guys gonna stay as sorcs for next update or tr to barbs?

Im just wondering, after what sev wrote about saves, it kinda made me angry.
    Short summary, mobs have 50 to all saves, some have stronger saves going up to 55, they get dring green alert 20% more to stats, and +4 to saves, temple spawns insta green and yellow and sometimes oranger, so we can says its +6 to saves, and the very new thing that mob have +6 to saves when full hp, that i never knew existed in game, and the save is +4 when damaged.
    It brings up all saves mobs can reach for strong save 65 for strong save, making players with 85 enchant not suceed 100%.
    Lets assume you have 73 enchant, i dont want to calculate max possible, but lets say 73 for now which is super high if you focus on it, or 73 will save.
    Since mobs have 65 save, or 60 non weak save that makes players with 73 will save fail when mobs roll a 8 or more, basically meaning that there is no point to play a sorc imo..

So are you guys gonna tr to barbs or try to raise voices on lama?
    I have no idea what to do
    This game will die before I tr my Sorc to any another class, let alone one of those FotYear class. Warlock maybe, if they are cool and strong enough.

I have already voiced my concerns, Vargouille thinks saves are mostly fine looking at his replies. Can't do much more about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    This game will die before I tr my Sorc to any another class, let alone one of those FotYear class. Warlock maybe, if they are cool and strong enough.

I have already voiced my concerns, Vargouille thinks saves are mostly fine looking at his replies. Can't do much more about it.
    I did some tests myself and posted there.
    Hope it helps, since the ammount of sp drained and needed to kill as dc sorc in temple is..Unearthy

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    I did some tests myself and posted there.
    Hope it helps, since the ammount of sp drained and needed to kill as dc sorc in temple is..Unearthy
    On a solo run it might be a problem but in a group, once I defined better the best route possible (I think I already got it down for the most part), I don't think I'll have any problem. That is if saves are tweaked where I can reliably hold/dance stuff giving me that helpless damage. The only problems are the two endfights with a bunch of HP Red named saving every spell and Hezrous/Dretches also saving.

Hi, just capped pure sorc, and since this is the only dc based pure sorc thread in the forums i found, i have some questions.

1- Is the ToD set working? I am curious since if it is it would be the only source of + critical multiplier for spells in the game. Also, the bonus if you have prestige was removed or it still gives +2 to max caster lv?

2- How often do you use the SLAs? Are they really worth the action points?

3- How often do you use hellball? How much damage average? I was assuming you stay in elemental form all the time and used only eletric stuff unless mob has imunity. Am I wrong? And what about Ruin?

Just asking this because I haven't played dc sorc for a while so I don't know what people are using (and heh, terrible time to start playing one with u25 knocking on door)...

Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post
    Hi, just capped pure sorc, and since this is the only dc based pure sorc thread in the forums i found, i have some questions.

1- Is the ToD set working? I am curious since if it is it would be the only source of + critical multiplier for spells in the game. Also, the bonus if you have prestige was removed or it still gives +2 to max caster lv?

2- How often do you use the SLAs? Are they really worth the action points?

3- How often do you use hellball? How much damage average? I was assuming you stay in elemental form all the time and used only eletric stuff unless mob has imunity. Am I wrong? And what about Ruin?

Just asking this because I haven't played dc sorc for a while so I don't know what people are using (and heh, terrible time to start playing one with u25 knocking on door)...
    1) ToD set is actually granting +2 MCL bonus, not the spell crit multiplier. We tested it on Lamannia. If it is worth using or not, I'm honestly not sure. In theory it should be but it requires a gear reshuffle since I'd lose Con 11 and Dodge from the Belt.
    2) I use them everytime they are off cooldown, specially Lightning Bolt. It can do up to 2k damage to multiple enemies if it rebounds and it just costs 6 SP.
    3) Also everytime it is off cooldown and when there are lots of mobs grouped up. The damage is around 3k? I honestly don't remember but it is worth casting, specially when there are lots of mobs.

Ruin is..weird. I don't like it because of its cost but sometimes it's necessary, like when you absolutely can't hit archers or when SP are not a concern. If you are good at managing clickies, I usually cast a Ruin when I have both Litany of the Dead and Lesser Maximize clickies up, so the SP cost goes waaay down.

Thank you for response. Is that hellball damage in elemental form?

Also, I have more questions

I went air/cold just because i could not give up double dots and I use basically only air spells unless when hitting boss so I tought I couldn't benefit from empyrean magic. Does latern ring makes empyrean magic proc when you just cast eletric spell? If not, can you keep empyrean magic only with hellball or you use DBF often? Also, I forgot about immolation, so: can it compete with damage with niac's?
    Last edited by Ellihor; 04-03-2015 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanhooger View Post
    Anyway, here I found a sorc doing EE WGU without pot, before U24

Sorry messed up the link now should work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41jFU5jnjhQ
    Did Drpeppero ever post his build anywhere ?

Hi Wizza

My first Sorc build was your Farwind, and I had a great time with it in 2013. Then I tried out a fire version bladeforged and took it to lvl 28.
    Now I am ready to TR again and wondered if the current post is updated through U24 ?

Thanks again for this build.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post
    Thank you for response. Is that hellball damage in elemental form?

Also, I have more questions

I went air/cold just because i could not give up double dots and I use basically only air spells unless when hitting boss so I tought I couldn't benefit from empyrean magic. Does latern ring makes empyrean magic proc when you just cast eletric spell? If not, can you keep empyrean magic only with hellball or you use DBF often? Also, I forgot about immolation, so: can it compete with damage with niac's?
    Immolation can absolutely compete with Niacs. The only problem is that stacking it up to 20, unless it's an Endboss, takes a lot of time while Niacs is much faster. Even on an endboss, if you are in group with enough dps, sometimes you don't even have time to stack it to 20 because of the too much dps of the group. The way I stack it up it either through Hellball or spamming Scorching Ray unmetaed. If I really want burst DPS, I use DBF/Meteor Swarm as well.

No, lantern ring does not proc Empyrean Magic but Cocoon does. If you know you are absolutely safe, use Cocoon to get a free stack of it, that's what I usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by pappo View Post
    Did Drpeppero ever post his build anywhere ?
    He showed it in some of his videos, check the description of those. Should have at least Feats somewhere there but I'm not sure they are updated for U24. He didn't post it on the forum as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by pappo View Post
    Hi Wizza

My first Sorc build was your Farwind, and I had a great time with it in 2013. Then I tried out a fire version bladeforged and took it to lvl 28.
    Now I am ready to TR again and wondered if the current post is updated through U24 ?

Thanks again for this build.
    The builds works wonder for U24, unless you want to solo Raids but that's another story. Wait U25 I'd say, maybe I'll make some changes for ToEE or maybe not, not entirely sure. Will have to see how the quest plays on Live.

What's your thought on the ToEE set?
    Trading 1 general DC for 28 universal Spellpower, 6 electric spellpower and 1% electric crit chance looks like a good deal.

I'm actually thinking about going back to wearing robes, just so I can quickswap between Thunderforged and ToEE armors.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    What's your thought on the ToEE set?
    Trading 1 general DC for 28 universal Spellpower, 6 electric spellpower and 1% electric crit chance looks like a good deal.

I'm actually thinking about going back to wearing robes, just so I can quickswap between Thunderforged and ToEE armors.
    Can't you use the Orb for the set? Because if I could wear that Orb with 5% extra lore and ToEE armor I'd do it right away.

That being said, where could I put Enchantment on my gear? Only Sage's Mantle, which means bringing my GS HP item on boots. It is definetely doable. 30 Spellpower for 1 Enchantment DC looks like a good trade. Sadly, crafting is absolute junk in ToEE so I'm not really happy I have to wear one of those.

What about the Armor then? I don't really remember the new armor's stats to be honest.

Can't you use the Orb for the set? Because if I could wear that Orb with 5% extra lore and ToEE armor I'd do it right away.
    I haven't even seen what the named orb looks like on live. If it's the same as in the lamma thread I don't find that thing exciting. Wasn't it only 2% insight lore on lamma? No idea if those named items count towards the set bonus.

That being said, where could I put Enchantment on my gear?
    Play the stick swap game?
    At least that's what I do for now.

What about the Armor then? I don't really remember the new armor's stats to be honest.
    Lesser displacement (no one cares on an arcane)
    150% fort (brings us from 245% fort to 265%, lol)
    Green slot
    12 resistance (+1 over the belt, who cares)

...so basically it's completeley useless.

You lose the +1 profane DC and ghostly from TF armor.

Like I said, I'm more thinking about using the same setup as I do now and swap the ToEE stuff in for the really high HP mobs.

I haven't even seen what the named orb looks like on live. If it's the same as in the lamma thread I don't find that thing exciting. Wasn't it only 2% insight lore on lamma? No idea if those named items count towards the set bonus.
    http://imgur.com/s1PeZhU

Play the stick swap game?
    At least that's what I do for now.

Lesser displacement (no one cares on an arcane)
    150% fort (brings us from 245% fort to 265%, lol)
    Green slot
    12 resistance (+1 over the belt, who cares)

...so basically it's completeley useless.

You lose the +1 profane DC and ghostly from TF armor.

Like I said, I'm more thinking about using the same setup as I do now and swap the ToEE stuff in for the really high HP mobs.
    Eh, I guess. That armor and weapon are completely trash, I'm actually not happy to wear them just for some Spellpower bonus. That 5% Insightful Spell power might be better than 30 Spellpower, just for the sole reason that I would feel awful for equipping those 2 items everytime.

http://imgur.com/s1PeZhU
    Eh, I guess. That armor and weapon are completely trash, I'm actually not happy to wear them just for some Spellpower bonus. That 5% Insightful Spell power might be better than 30 Spellpower, just for the sole reason that I would feel awful for equipping those 2 items everytime.
    Very interesting. Now tell me where it drops

Very interesting. Now tell me where it drops
    I've absolutely no idea. Someone said in the Rust monster optional.

I've absolutely no idea. Someone said in the Rust monster optional.
    Thanks, at least something to work with.
    I've seen that red named rusty once in Part 1 right around the corner in the first corridor. So I guess it has a random spawn location...

Found one in the chest from the two clerics in part 2. Interestingly this thing doesn't bind at all, not even after equipping it.

It was EE I guess? That's a really easy spot to farm.

It was EE I guess? That's a really easy spot to farm.
    Yes, and yes. I suppose it can drop in any chest, but good to know it can drop in that one too.

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast