Thread: Can't login

Community Member

Default Can't login

Anyone else having issues since the update on 4/29/2013? Played just fine the other day, but after letting the client update this morning, I can't login now. I can technically log in, but once it gets to the the loading screens, it gets stuck on seaching for logon server. It will do 20/20 attempts and then give me an error of Connection failied: Client timed out the connection. Any ideas other than reinstalling DDO?

Community Member

Default Wow, can't even edit post

Ignore last post. Tried to edit to delete it, but can't even do that with the buggy forums, apparantly my firewall was not playing nice, and wasn't allowing the DDO client to connect. Funny part though is it wasn't giving me a blocked message like my firewall normally would, but I refreshed DDO's permisiions and now it works....*shrugs* go figure

Community Member

Default Failed To Lauch Client: Error Logging In! Connection Closed

Quote Originally Posted by ~ddodeadman View Post
    Anyone else having issues since the update on 4/29/2013? Played just fine the other day, but after letting the client update this morning, I can't login now. I can technically log in, but once it gets to the the loading screens, it gets stuck on seaching for logon server. It will do 20/20 attempts and then give me an error of Connection failied: Client timed out the connection. Any ideas other than reinstalling DDO?
    I just installed DDO on my Win7 64-bit on 12th May 2014, worked fine until I died a few times and bought a VIP account. Now I have a similar problem.

1. Emailed support and got a report #24001-593042, followed all their steps including their Knowledge Base (http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...questionID=710) twice, but no success.
    2. Removed Program, did a Full download overnight, and still problematic.
    3. Turned off my Mcafee realtime scanner and firewall, still no success.
    4. Created a new account, still doesn't work.

I read online somewhere that it could be a network problem, so I'm copying my files to my 16GB Pendrive and trying it on another network.
    Anyone else got this problem?

Community Member

Angry Uh I'm having a weird issue.

So I created my account today and was looking to play in a couple of hours and apparently that is impossible.

So happy cloud downloaded the ddo client and I waited until it was completely finished before trying to log in.

The DDO launcher popped up got through to the enter user name / password part.

I can apparently enter whatever I want in the Username/Password area and when I click Login absolutely nothing happens.

It doesn't let me select a server.
    It doesn't say incorrect password or user name.
    It doesn't say connection lost.
    It doesn't open into a new window or anything.
    Absolutely nothing happens in the window.
    It just grays out the word Login.
    And Nothing happens.
    Last edited by MadHadderoll; 06-04-2014 at 03:05 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadHadderoll View Post
    So I created my account today and was looking to play in a couple of hours and apparently that is impossible.

So happy cloud downloaded the ddo client and I waited until it was completely finished before trying to log in.

The DDO launcher popped up got through to the enter user name / password part.

I can apparently enter whatever I want in the Username/Password area and when I click Login absolutely nothing happens.

It doesn't let me select a server.
    It doesn't say incorrect password or user name.
    It doesn't say connection lost.
    It doesn't open into a new window or anything.
    Absolutely nothing happens in the window.
    It just grays out the word Login.
    And Nothing happens.
    Your username and password are the same as the ones for this forum.
    My Toons:
    DWP - Fighter, Olur Takun - Barbarian, Perddy Elfie - Artificer, Tamqil Jemhar - Ranger

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by downwithpeace View Post
    Your username and password are the same as the ones for this forum.
    Irregardless of whether or not I use my Username and password or just type in 2098uriajo;i and whjaoirwaeh the same thing happens - Nothing.

Community Member

Are you able to login into your MyTurbine account.
    https://myaccount.turbine.com/index.php

If so then the only thing I could think of is getting in contact with Turbine.
    My Toons:
    DWP - Fighter, Olur Takun - Barbarian, Perddy Elfie - Artificer, Tamqil Jemhar - Ranger

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by downwithpeace View Post
    Are you able to login into your MyTurbine account.
    https://myaccount.turbine.com/index.php

If so then the only thing I could think of is getting in contact with Turbine.
    Yeah they ask me for a product key though - which this game doesn't have one to my knowledge so ya no.

Gonna try doing this through steam they are probably better prioritized than 3 different program apps trying to run the same thing. Akami/Happy Cloud/Turbine.
    Last edited by MadHadderoll; 06-04-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Default hey

Quote Originally Posted by MadHadderoll View Post
    Yeah they ask me for a product key though - which this game doesn't have one to my knowledge so ya no.

Gonna try doing this through steam they are probably better prioritized than 3 different program apps trying to run the same thing. Akami/Happy Cloud/Turbine.
    Akamai is mandatory and did you scroll to the top of the forum page and pull down the game tab and then download from there ? looks simple at first glance

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dopey69 View Post
    Akamai is mandatory and did you scroll to the top of the forum page and pull down the game tab and then download from there ? looks simple at first glance
    I tried downloading through steam just now and the same ****.
    Type in my user name and password into the launcher.
    Hit login.
    Absolutely nothing happens.

Community Member

Okay at least through the steam engine it gives me an error after trying like four times and waiting about 15 minutes each time.

It gives me a window with a Red X that says "Error Logging in! Connection Closed" and for the boarder of this window it looks like it says "Failed to Launch Client"

Community Member

I really don't know if this will help but it might work if your issue is the actual DDO launcher.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-DDO-launcher
    My Toons: