Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It’s no problem of the half-elf tree. The enhancements of the tree are wonderful. The problem is the mechanic of the new system. The “points spent in the tree” thing kills the racial trees. It’s suicidal now invest in racial enhancements. All races have this problem. Too their shiny new iconics.

I don’t see other solution that to change the base of the new system and devs don’t seem to want do it…

But oh yes, the dilettante chain is prohibitive now.

Is is possible to lower the AP cost in the Helf racial Tree to make it more competitive with the Class Trees?
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

After a great deal of testing i believe the half elf tree needs a severe reduction in AP costs. Almost everything in this tree costs 2 points!

I believe changing all of dilliante enhancements to 1 ap would be fair, and the rest can stay at 2aps. Also 4aps for arcane archer is very rough, please change it to 2 and make other racial PrEs (when added) only 2 as well.

P.S. you guys keep increasing the level. Cap and yet epic levels feel rather meaningless. Epic levels should give 4 additional APs each.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Community Member

Default Sorry Only Helf AAs here

I have to agree with the dilitaunts not being as useful. I'm now able to get much more strength that would make it beneficial to get bow of strength to add to my damage output. Of course i've only messed with the AA tree and rainger dilitaunt.

Default Why the huge change in price for HP?

So, I have two half-elves who have the Barbarian Dilettante feat. On live, I end up spending 3 AP for 20 HP via Half-Elf Barbarian Toughness. On Lamannia, in order to get the same number of HP(from the respective source, nevermind how fubared the rest of the HP situation got) I need to invest 8 AP. It really is quite a change and it rather hurts. Not to mention the first core ability being near useless for non-ranged characters; actually, the whole Half-Elf tree kinda takes a dump on Half-Elf melee characters.

Edit: Just went and looked at Lamaland again. Scratch what I said before. It's now 8 AP to get 15 HP and 1 point of con. And given all of the restrictions and gating involved I can't even get the third HP boost on my main.
    Last edited by Johnstone; 08-04-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Khimberlhyte View Post
    The dilettante now requires a massive, unsustainable investment in the racial tree. I cannot justify dumping that many points into useless stuff just to get higher caster levels on Sorc dilettante. I needed 22 AP invested into the racial tree to open up caster level 10 on the dilettante (20 AP spent pre-requisites and 2AP for the caster level 10 improved sorceror dilettante). Compare that to 6 AP on live right now.
    Half elf has gone from one of my favorite races to one I can't find a use for. I have multiple toons that will wish the LR20 was a simple change race to human.

Any possible way I can get a refund on this premium race I paid for?

Quote Originally Posted by hi_sa1nt View Post
    any possible way i can get a refund on this premium race i paid for?
    seconded!!
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Apologies if this has been suggested before, but can we get a tier one enhancement called "bag over the head" for this race? Please?
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Apologies if this has been suggested before, but can we get a tier one enhancement called "bag over the head" for this race? Please?
    their is such an enhancement. It's called ninja spy mask, and its BTA so you can use it for all your goo faced characters.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123