Default Spellsong vigor and vile blasphemy no longer stack

Topic. Was there a reason for this change and why do devs have to mess with things that aren't broken. They've just made the vile blasphemy I farmed on my spellsinger bard completely useless. /angry

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Topic. Was there a reason for this change and why do devs have to mess with things that aren't broken. They've just made the vile blasphemy I farmed on my spellsinger bard less useful. /angry

you had errors in your bold statement. I took the liberty of fixing them for you

It's been broken since I've been running abbot (u15 at least).

Community Member

The Dev's do seem to have it out for Bards for some reason.

Every few updates they change more and more of the Bards abilities to be non-stacking with items, ship buffs, spells etc.

Can't help but wonder why.
    Last edited by Archangel666; 03-26-2013 at 08:46 PM.

afaik it's been this way since u14 or u15, or one of the patches in between... basically the same time when spellsong vigor started working on warforged
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

The problem is Bards are just too uber, the game is lousy with Bards and their exploitative over powered builds make every quest trivial and no challenge to complete. It's why you see at least three Bards in every party, and that ultra over powered ED they get! Don't get me started on that, you know everyones twisting fatesinger twists.

Dang flavor of the month Bards are ruining the game!

(some of the above may be slightly exaggerated...)

Community Member

To whittle down all that bard uberness of course. I heard they are making Power attack, strength and weapon attack bonuses not stack for any build that has at least one level of bard. I have high hopes that it will help alleviate some of their broken high melee damage problems. Not quite sure what will have to be done with their overpowered spellcasting abilities. Cut all their spellpower in half?

Still even with these slight nerfings, I foresee bards to stay the most overpowered class just as they were these 3 past years in a row.