Thread: Test builds...

Default Test builds...

I would like to see what people have to say/other combos that sound good. I asked around on my server (Thelanis) and came up with.
    I would like it to be part pally and part monk...

12monk/8pally
    15pally/3monk/2ftr
    12pally/8monk
    10pally/5monk/5fighter
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Umm Hi! This is my signature. If you don't like it I love you! Welp thanks for taking the time to read this!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Community Member

Default 14/6 Pally/Monk

Currently have a 34pt Elf 14/6 Whirling Steel Strike Pally/Monk on Thelanis.
    Which I LRed from the Original 18/2 Split with a +5 Heart.
    My personal opinion, not having the 14 levels of Pally for Zeal hurts. Just too much Doublestrike to not consider,
    matched with Wind Stance II and some Doublestrike Gear, it adds quite the DPS boost.
    Also the Longswords, mainly the Oathblades out DPS any Handwraps I have on my toon, but I tend to swap them out depending on the situation.
    Adding the 4 more levels of Monk did ultimately lower my Saves to the 50's-70's sometimes higher depending on Buffs running and Gear, which with the 18/2 I had 80's and higher pretty much constantly.
    Considering reverting back to the 18/2 but undecided at this point.

Just some quick notes, and if you have any questions feel free to ask

And I know I'll probably get slammed for running around with a WSS Monk and matching that with all the Paladins aren't DPS Threads lately, but I like it!

Cheers
    Lume
    Toons: Lume, Lixe, Lyxe
    Officer of the Guild "The Royal Brigade"

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Momsboys View Post

12monk/8pally
    15pally/3monk/2ftr
    12pally/8monk
    10pally/5monk/5fighter
    It would help if you stated what your goals were for these builds...

Also consider monk 12 / pal 6 / ftr 2 if you wanted to make some sort of hate-tank monk a la Emerald (e.g., NS II / DoS I).
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    It would help if you stated what your goals were for these builds...
    Just random fun, nothing wrong with that is there? would prefer a dps or tank, but anything people come up with works.
    Umm Hi! This is my signature. If you don't like it I love you! Welp thanks for taking the time to read this!

Have you considered 12fighter 6paladin 2monk (rogue dilli) helf?

You get Kensei II and DoS which is a nice dps toon with a stack of Health along with evasion.

Saves won't be crazy high but survivability will be great.

Tell me what chu think

Thanks - Silver

(Any builds mentioned here I'm going to make on the test server (lamannia).
    Last edited by Momsboys; 03-13-2013 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Spelling .-.

Community Member

The Triforce:

5 monk - saves, dodge bonus, stance, movement. Everything to keep you alive in EE.
    7 druid - awesome - Faster movement, spells, extra mana bonuses - Everything must be balanced and this is what keeps your build balanced in EE, some of the kill and some of the run away and stay alive.
    6 wizard - archmage - Everything to kill in EE DPS & effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormraiser View Post
    The Triforce:

5 monk - saves, dodge bonus, stance, movement. Everything to keep you alive in EE.
    7 druid - awesome - Faster movement, spells, extra mana bonuses - Everything must be balanced and this is what keeps your build balanced in EE, some of the kill and some of the run away and stay alive.
    6 wizard - archmage - Everything to kill in EE DPS & effects.
    What about the other 3 lvls....? 5+6+7=18

5+7+6=18 so the other 2 levels would most likely be the past life that you want.

7monk comes before 7druid in past life terms, or 9druid(or 8wiz for that matter). Each one will get you a past life of your choice. Would work well if you like the build up to 18 to get all 3 past lives for the same builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Momsboys View Post
    You could do 6 monk/6 pally/8 any other class (except barb and bard).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHeals View Post
    5+7+6=18 so the other 2 levels would most likely be the past life that you want.

7monk comes before 7druid in past life terms, or 9druid(or 8wiz for that matter). Each one will get you a past life of your choice. Would work well if you like the build up to 18 to get all 3 past lives for the same builds.
    Correct, the other 2 are for more flexibility. But the triforce is so "gangsta" that it could roll EE with 18 levels anyway