Default What's a good mule build?

I want to use my 4th character slot for extra bank space, with the possibility of further development. To start with though, I just want to unlock the extra bank and inventory tabs for storage. I already have a Fighter, Bard and Wizard, so I'd like something different to those. I don't have access to Artificer or Druid and can start off at level 7. What would be a good race/class combination?

There's a build about a 15 Monk that can farm non-epic challenge + do the swimming in crucible when needed. From what I Saw, you let it at level 15, no cap.

Hope this helped a bit,

Hoss~
    Hossa / Darree ~Khyber~ Doom Legion (Level 75)
    Proud Host of the DDO Hunger Games Along with Fawngate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Community Member

I use human Monk 6/Wizard 1; Ninja Spy for shadow fade, a stack of cure serious, and self cast shield, jump and expeditious retreat make getting the 150 coin lords and 75 kundarak favor quick and reasonably easy for 2 additional inventory tabs and 1 additional bank tab. It also helps if you can craft some gear and wraps for it.

You could do that level 15 build but personally I'm not too keen on leveling up something that far just for a mule - of of course if you like the idea of a universal cannith challenge farming toon it would be worth it. But you'll level this guy up to 8 just on the way to getting the favor, and at that point I do use the mule to run the lower/middle challenges, and either a more or less abandoned level 20 character or my main character whenever its level 15+ for the higher level challenges. That gets the job done, for me, without a dedicated challenge farmer.

Now if you really want to use this character for real at some point and not for a permanent mule, just build whatever seems fun that you haven't played yet, you'll end up with all the favor anyway and then if you abandon it you can still mule it out. But for a fast "perma-mule", get the favor and park it build, that's what I use.

Default For further development

I'd go with pure warforged sorcerer. It's almost too easy to get maximum favor with them for minimal effort.

Other poster's advice seems pretty solid as well.

In my experience, my love of DDO completely eliminated all space for mules. They became alts. So if you can think about what might keep your interest piqued in the long term, I'd build that.

If you're certain you won't be using the spot any time soon, just be sure to pump strength so they don't get burdened, and having a barbarian level and a sorc/wizard/bard level ensures you will run naturally fast (10% barbarian speed) and be able to cast expeditious retreat (25% base run speed increase) so you can zip around the bank/auction/post.
    Character Compendium

Yes some good advice here, thanks. I actually DO have access to Druid, so now I'm thinking of rolling one of those up.

2014 DDO Players Council

What I want for my mules is to be able to knock out 150 Coin Lord and 150 House Kunarak favor, for maximum storage space.

For me, that's a Cleric. Easily capable of soloing the content if needed, but can very easily find groups for it.

Plus, I like Clerics. :-)

I took my first ever toon to lvl 10 before I realized I didn't like him. Instead of rerolling, I just abandoned him and he became a mule by default. He's a lvl 8/2 Ranger/Rogue.

When the free LR came about, LR'd and maxed str and chr. I put all skill pts in haggle and took the improved haggle feat. I keep ranger sprint boost on hot bar and maxed out his inv space.

He is fine as mules go, but I would not dream of attempting a quest with him now.

My account mule is a terribad cleric radiant burst max charisma build that I conceived while drunk and ended up as account mule by proxy - but she can get the wisdom rune in Von if required, which has come in handy on occasions.
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

Community Member

What about a Bard whith maxed charisma and haggle skill?

My mules are all 7 pure sorc fire savant with a buckler and a firestick in their hands. Knocking out the elite favor is super easy just spamming unmeta'd fireballs/acid blasts and you can even make a shadowcrypt runner out of one if you want, by that time you will be level 8 and have firewall.
    Sarlona Deluxe
    Axess (high dps/versatility [TR1]) ~ Nimmuz (cleric) ~ Roboboogie (spellsword [TR1])
    Partydeluxe (bard [TR1]) ~ Partywiz (WF AM [TR1])