Default Are bane weapons broken?

With the cove coming back and just around the corner I decided to get my hands on a set of mournlode weapons. Off to house C i went!

Some time later i finally got my hands on 1 and went to test it out. I noticed my to hit bonus and damage wasnt what I was expecting. With the righteousness and greater undead bane i was expecting an additional +6 on the weapon against most undead, for a total of +11. I wasnt seeing any of that.

To test this a bit further i hit up the AH and bought 2 items, a +1 heavy mace, and a +1 heavy mace of greater construct bane- Then proceeded to my guild ship to smack that dummy around a bit. Tested both weapons. Same damage range (just the bludgeon damage, not counting the 4d6, that seemed to work fine enough), same attack bonus. No +4 to attack or damage when using the greater bane weapon.

What gives?

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

That is very odd. Will have to test a little myself.

How are you testing this? Using numbers from the combat log?
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    That is very odd. Will have to test a little myself.

How are you testing this? Using numbers from the combat log?
    Pretty much. I noticed the bonus (more specific, the lack of it) on the dice first (against the undead in the disruptor challenge) but when i started hitting the dummy around i was checking my combat logs for numbers. my to-hit bonus stayed the same, and my damage range stayed exactly the same (being 18-25 with either the +1 mace or the +1 greater construct bane mace).

edit: redacted, misread the first post.

I remember reading a post a while back that said the to hit bonus from bane wasn't working, but the damage was.
    Last edited by FestusHood; 02-27-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    edit: redacted, misread the first post.

I remember reading a post a while back that said the to hit bonus from bane wasn't working, but the damage was.
    Wonder if the damage part is broken now as well- of course its possible only certain types are broken as well. Maybe its just great banes? Maybe its just great construct/undead banes. They made diddly difference in my damage in the slighest sadly.

Can anyone else confirm different types of banes?

It's odd because last night in the Cannith Manufactury, Bagheera (Onyx Panther figurine) seemed to be every bit as slashy-deathy as usual. He has all the Banes on him. Unfortunately, I cannot check his combat log to be certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilbar View Post
    It's odd because last night in the Cannith Manufactury, Bagheera (Onyx Panther figurine) seemed to be every bit as slashy-deathy as usual. He has all the Banes on him. Unfortunately, I cannot check his combat log to be certain.
    Hah thats awesome, i didnt actually know that our panthers had banes on them. I had noticed the extra damage but never noticed it was working.

For what its worth, the "extra" (1d6, 2d6, 4d6) damage seems to work just fine. Its just the added enhancement bonus im not seeing. Its not working for righteous either- At least on my mournlode weapon. Ill get/check a plain righteous weapon tonight.

Edit: Just tested a righteous weapon. Same story. Used a +1 light mace and compared it to a +1 righteous light mace and tested them both against some evil mobs. Exact same to-hit bonus for both, exact same damage with both. No +2 to hit, no +2 to damage.

Anyone else care to confirm/test this?
    Last edited by Sidewaysgts86; 02-28-2013 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewaysgts86 View Post
    Hah thats awesome, i didnt actually know that our panthers had banes on them. I had noticed the extra damage but never noticed it was working.

For what its worth, the "extra" (1d6, 2d6, 4d6) damage seems to work just fine. Its just the added enhancement bonus im not seeing. Its not working for righteous either- At least on my mournlode weapon. Ill get/check a plain righteous weapon tonight.
    Yeppers, according to the DDO wiki, Baghy has Manslayer, Improved Destruction, Tendon Slice 10%, Aligned, Metalline, Crystal, and all normal Banes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilbar View Post
    Yeppers, according to the DDO wiki, Baghy has Manslayer, Improved Destruction, Tendon Slice 10%, Aligned, Metalline, Crystal, and all normal Banes.
    true - but might be programmed differently than weapons - since Baghy is a black box - you just push a button and he goes - all you see from pushing the button is the swath of death behind him.