Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Missing outfit returns

UPDATE 2/28: Missing outfits are being returned, but the process to return missing outfits will take some time. The distribution could take several days (or longer), and we will announce when the distribution has completed. Thank you.

UPDATE 4:03 PM Eastern - The reimbursement process has been temporarily suspended while we look into an issue with the process. We will let you know when the reimbursement process resumes. Thanks!

If you lost your non-Named outfits upon the release of Update 17 this week, prior to yesterday's hotfix, you should soon be receiving your missing items in the in-game mail. Please give our process a couple of hours to do its work. Thank you!
    Last edited by Cordovan; 02-28-2013 at 10:07 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default Good work! Keep it up! Let's get on fixing the other stuffs!

Good work! Keep it up! Let's get on fixing the other stuffs! Cheers! :P! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Well done, Turbine. And THANK YOU for the large host of communications this week. You may not suspect it, but it helps to be able to bear with these issues. Tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    If you lost your non-Named outfits upon the release of Update 17 this week, prior to yesterday's hotfix, you should soon be receiving your missing items in the in-game mail. Please give our process a couple of hours to do its work. Thank you!
    Wait, this ain't mine!

I specifically remember leaving a hundred k plat in the breast pocket!

I've been robbed! *squints at Rogue Force Thelanis* Tricksy!

Awesome. Thanks for getting it fixed in a timely manner and letting us know what was going on the whole way through.

Excellent. I knew they were still in the database. Tell Feather he'd better check-in those update scripts before deployment next time.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

The Crafting Mogul
    Hero and Host of DDO Chat

Great news! Thank you for the continued communication throughout the update and issues. As Cauthey has mentioned, it really changes things and helps a great deal!
    The Crafting Mogul of Orien!, Yuupppp!! .:. Join The Craze - http://www.ddochat.com
    Proud to be part of what is, sad at the closure of what was, and grateful to have called it home...
    Proudly Canadian, and just providing my $0.02 cents. ($0.025 USD )

Community Manager

Unfortunately, we have had to temporarily suspend the reimbursement process, and will let you know when it resumes. Thanks! The process was being a bit...hungry...in regards to resource usage. We'll keep you up to date.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

How did you determine what items needed to be returned? When I logged on to a fresh, lonely warforged on wayfinder, I got 6 random outfits in the mail. I do not recall having these and I have not saved or banked anything (outfits to craft type stuff) on wayfinder. When I picked up the 5th, I got a Sane Asylum Quest completion. I don't remember having any of these outfits, and I assume it saw the 5th missing outfit in an uncollected sane asylum reward and sent it to me. I wonder what would have occured if I collected the end reward while that outfit was still in my bank? I also wonder if there were better items in that reward list. My real question, however, is if I actually owned any of these outfits.

Either way, cool to see you are returning items, and pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Eighnuss; 02-22-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Eighnuss View Post
    How did you determine what items needed to be returned? When I logged on to a fresh, lonely warforged on wayfinder, I got 6 random outfits in the mail. I do not recall having these and I have not saved or banked anything (outfits to craft type stuff) on wayfinder. When I picked up the 5th, I got a Sane Asylum Quest completion. I don't remember having any of these outfits, and I assume it saw the 5th missing outfit in an uncollected sane asylum reward and sent it to me. I wonder what would have occured if I collected the end reward while that outfit was still in my bank? I also wonder if there were better items in that reward list. My real question, however, is if I actually owned any of these outfits.

Either way, cool to see you are returning items, and pretty quickly.
    Maybe it's returning outfits that you sold/deconstructed?

Community Manager

We have suspended the reimbursement process while we look into a few issues with it. Unfortunately, it appears unlikely that we will be able to resume this process today or this weekend, but we are working to get you your outfits back as quickly as we can. We'll get you the latest information as soon as we have it. Thanks.
    Join us on Twitch!

Talking

In a gesture of solidarity with their online community, the Turbine team have vowed to remove their outfits at work until the reimbursement process is complete.
    ͡ᵢᵥ
    ֖ ֥ You have angered many opponents, and your enemies have been alerted to the presence of your trolling.
     ͜‴

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Oh, carpfish.

I haven't read thru ALL the outfit threads, so have to ask - did the outfits disappear only when logging in on a specific character, or did they *poof* on ALL characters that had them, regardless of actively logging in with them?
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by Rhomnibus View Post
    In a gesture of solidarity with their online community, the Turbine team have vowed to remove their outfits at work until the reimbursement process is complete.
    Pix or it didnt happen.
    Mabar - Ransacked.

Sure was nice of Turbine to give us our guild its own avatar.

Wow, when you guys design a MONSTER, you don't know when to quit.

But we like the ones we can stab and punch, not the ones that devour server cycles.

Better a short heads-up on the restart than a suffering, lagging crash-death. Thanks to you and everyone at Turbine for your VERY hard week, from the St. Valentine's Day Server Massacre to getting U17 running and quickly getting a hotfix and return resolution for butt-nekkid Monks like myself.

On the positive side...Crystal Cove felt REALLY stable and Epic-ready. Thanks for the extra touches in the cave for more objectives.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica 2nd Edition: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    (Stormreach Shadows updates are in indefinite hiatus.)
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Oh, carpfish.

I haven't read thru ALL the outfit threads, so have to ask - did the outfits disappear only when logging in on a specific character, or did they *poof* on ALL characters that had them, regardless of actively logging in with them?
    That's kind of a chicken and egg question. Without logging in to a specific character, how would one know if an outfit was missing?

But to provide a more applicable answer, there was a problem with the new outfit data which prevented the inventory display methods from recognizing their existence. The outfits didn't go anywhere, they were simply inaccessible; much like ship buffs have done from time to time. The "fix" in question is to re-associate the outfit with it's owner which is apparently easier to do by mailing them than directly manipulating the database.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member

Apropos of "missing"* outfits, my friend the Halfling** Burrandy of Thelanis would gladly like to help with re-associating said outfits with their previous owners for what he likes to call a respectful finders fee and a pint of the local

Please contact him in your second (and in some case third or fourth) best Sar-Day outfits at the corner table of the Leaky Dinghy.

- - -

* My friend Burrandy wonders why I feel the need to put the word missing in quotation marks. I assured him it was merely because the said outfits were no longer missing and hence the quotations to pay respects to the mild if inherent irony in referring to them as such.

** Burrandy questions the need to state his race and what doing so had to do with anything. I assured him it was merely to help in identification of both parties with the sole purpose of facilitating his due "rewards"***.

*** Burrandy wanted to know why I felt the need to put the word rewards in quotation marks. I felt it best to end the conversation there.
    Last edited by Serignuad2; 02-22-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Oh, carpfish.

Ignore sebastianosmith, you can tell and it was only toons you logged in with. You tell by logging onto a safe toon with no outfits and myddo'ing toons that do have an outfit on (works for worn outfits only ofc). I've since logged onto a toon that did have an outfit on (easily spotted on the login screen) ad they're all there as they should be.

Nowt to worry about.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggss View Post
    Ignore sebastianosmith, you can tell and it was only toons you logged in with. You tell by logging onto a safe toon with no outfits and myddo'ing toons that do have an outfit on (works for worn outfits only ofc). I've since logged onto a toon that did have an outfit on (easily spotted on the login screen) ad they're all there as they should be.
    What part of my post should be ignored? The part where I was correct or the other part where I was correct? Outfits that were equipped at the time of this unfortunate incident were still equipped even if one logged into the character wearing them. That they did or did not appear in MyDDO - that bastion of utter reliability - is of no consequence. The problem was one of display, not existence. If there were but a single code path to perform item data integrity checks, the story may have been different.

Oh, carpfish.

Good news. They only disappeared when you logged in. My monk's gear was untouched but the sorcerer I logged into before the fix lost his gear.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast