Thread: Tor Flagging

Default Gianthold Tor/Raid Flagging

Hi all this may be of use if you are having problems

The flagging for the raids are different depending on if you are doing Heroic or Epic
    Heroic
    ++++++
    Chain giver - Cydonie
    Quest giver - POP - Nimbus
    Madstone - Blaze
    Cable - Jorgundal
    Tor - Crag
    Raid Giver - Reavers - Agon

Epic
    +++
    Chain giver - Draznok
    Quest Giver - POP - Maragogg
    Madstone - Hworri
    Cable - Ysba
    Tor - Phorrus
    Raid Giver - Fall of Truth - Stormreaver

What is realy confusing is that you can do the epic chain from the Heroic quest givers without REDBOXING BUT you will not be flagged for TOR and vice versa. It took me 4 hours to work out what was wrong and that was all because someone shared madstone for me and it was the wrong one so I ended up RedBoxing Tor.
    Last edited by DogMania; 02-21-2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Update

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DogMania View Post
    What is realy confusing is that you can do the epic chain from the Heroic quest givers without REDBOXING BUT you will not be flagged for TOR and vice versa. It took me 4 hours to work out what was wrong and that was all because someone shared madstone for me and it was the wrong one so I ended up RedBoxing Tor.
    reposting this for emphasis!

Why they didn't just program this to work like every other Epic chain, (like Lords of Dust!) where there is ONE quest giver per quest, is proof positive of design stupidity. I've run with many groups in GH and forgetting to talk to the NPC at base camp is common, especially since half the quests in the wilderness are walk-ups! It's common for people to hit them in sequence without recalling all the way back, and sharing the wrong quest happens ALL the time. Which means you finally recall to find out that you don't get an end reward.

Infuriating, when you finally grind out a win on some Epic Elite quest, and then don't get the commendations for it!
    Last edited by Silkenwise; 04-25-2014 at 02:29 PM.

There's one easy solution, once you hit Epic abandon heroic quests, this will work for all flagging quests Cabal, Prison & Madstone, but not for Tor, you can still enter at Tor without being flagged and will get no red warning ... but well, at least you'll get a warning in 3 out of 4
    Under and behind and inside everything this man took for granted, something horrible had been growing.

Server: Cannith - Toon: Holamdar - Guild: GODS

The flagging for the raids are different depending on if you are doing Heroic or Epic
    Heroic
    ++++++
    Chain giver - Cydonie
    Quest giver - POP - Nimbus
    Madstone - Blaze
    Cable - Jorgundal
    Tor - Crag
    Raid Giver - Reavers - Agon

Epic
    +++
    Chain giver - Draznok
    Quest Giver - POP - Maragogg
    Madstone - Hworri
    Cable - Ysba
    Tor - Phorrus
    Raid Giver - Fall of Truth - Stormreaver
    Here's another tip that I personally find easier to remember:

All the Epic GH quests begin with "Rerurn to..."

If you're sharing/receiving a share, look for the "Return to..." No Return, not Epic. Same for picking up quests from the givers: check that the text says "Repeat Return to..."

Works for me anyways...
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...