Default New Raid Flagging

As we all know the new raid was out yesterday and I was unsure about the flagging mechanics. I knew that now the flagging is Cabal + Madstone + PoP + Tor

What i didnt know was whether having run all the quests oh Heroic Elite qualified you for the flagging for the new raid or whether you just had to run Tor Epic

So .. there was an Epic Tor grp lfm up and i ask the leader do i need to reflag for this or can i just do Tor and then im flagged. His response was "do it and find out"

So i do Tor and then afterwards i find out that doing Tor does not qualify me for the new raid and need to redo Cabal + Madstone + PoP

So i do Cabal + Madstone + PoP and then i find out that I need to do Tor AGAIN after having already done it. So points for the uninformed:

1) Yes you need to reflag for the new raid AND you need to do Cabal + Madstone + PoP BEFORE Tor
    2) Bad form Turbine for allowing me to run Tor Epic before it counts as part of the flagging mechanism
    3) I hope that grp leader was just ignorant and not deliberately tricked me into joining knowing that i had to do Cabal + Madstone + PoP first

And FYI i will be running Epic Tor a multitude of times anyways (to pre-empt the ""well just do it again" comments," it takes 20 minutes"). My issue was that i had limited time to play last night and hence did not have time for another Tor so missed the raid on day 1 on my main toon

Hope this helps other players manage their valuable playing time

NB: I may me liable for not properly reading the quest dialog from quest givers but that does not excuse being deliberately misled or flagging not working logically!

Community Member

I would like to see this cleared up too. I somehow managed to get one of my characters to a point whatever-that-new-giants name is just tells me to go talk to the giant outside of Tor, but the giant outside of tor won't talk to me after completing tor (with dragons & tor wasn't completed until I had done cabal, madstone and pop and talked to those npcs) accept to tell me I can now do Tor. I resigned myself to just start all over again last night, but I think I need explained to me like I'm 5 just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post
    So .. there was an Epic Tor grp lfm up and i ask the leader do i need to reflag for this or can i just do Tor and then im flagged. His response was "do it and find out"

So i do Tor and then afterwards i find out that doing Tor does not qualify me for the new raid and need to redo Cabal + Madstone + PoP

So i do Cabal + Madstone + PoP and then i find out that I need to do Tor AGAIN after having already done it. So points for the uninformed:

1) Yes you need to reflag for the new raid AND you need to do Cabal + Madstone + PoP BEFORE Tor

NB: I may me liable for not properly reading the quest dialog from quest givers but that does not excuse being deliberately misled or flagging not working logically!

I've done something similar yesterday... but I've run Madstone, Cabal and Tor twice and still not flagged

It is probably my fault for not reading anything... I thought that eCabal would be enough... so I solo it... then oh Cidonie wants me to do Madstone... hummmm... let's see if I can enter Tor.

Good! I can enter.... no Red box... Killed black, killed blue... oh no! run out of heal scrolls... maybe don't need to be "epic bloodied" to flag... finish out.

No flag! Joined a group for Tor... killed all 3... Now I am flagged.... noooo again.

Joined a group for Madstone and Pop.... now I am done. Oh noo!! Cidonie still wants me to talk to the Madstone Giant....

****! Do this need to be done in order?.... Madstone again... nothing... Cidonie still wants me to talk to the madstone giant...

Then I noticed the yellow arrow in the mini map.... followed it till the giant next to Tor entrance.... quest advanced... finally... but was late and I went to sleep.

I am hopping that in the next Tor I will be flagged... Correct? Do I need to kill the 3 dragons again?

IMHO, the cause of the whole confusion is that Cidonie keeps saying to talk to the Madstone Giant even if you already done Madstone and PoP... in the past she was more useful and informed what was need to flag, ie which dragon didn't die yet.

BTW... I did all walk ups and the Crucible in epic Hard... no surprises. The quests seems to be exactly the same.

In the Desert, epics have extra traps, different mobs, etc... Is there anything different in epic Elite Gianthold?
    Last edited by jbleargh; 02-21-2013 at 07:01 AM.

Community Member

I think I may have screwed my flagging mechanics on one character by teleporting to GH from my airship before talking to Cydonie in the marketplace. I talked to her in GH, told to go speak to Blaze, told to go do Madstone, go do Madstone, go to talk to Blaze again... "Go do Madstone". Errr what? I run to Madstone again thinking maybe I forgot to talk to someone and the quest might still be active.. nope. When I return to GH I notice that the shiny checkmark is hovering over Cydonie so I talk to her again, "Go speak to Blaze". This is getting me nowhere, I take the farshifter out of there. Then I notice a chalice over Cydonies head in the marketplace, talk to her and apparently get the chain bestowed for a second time.

Maybe now it will work when I run Madstone again... someday. I really don't enjoy that quest, why couldn't they get rid of that instead of Crucible.

Point is, talk to Cydonie in the marketplace before GH.

Quote Originally Posted by Codect View Post
    I think I may have screwed my flagging mechanics on one character by teleporting to GH from my airship before talking to Cydonie in the marketplace.
    Ah $@#)=?€% ..... I predict I also need a long chat with a GM...

Thanks for the heads up.

Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor9/Wiz7/Fvs4) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

the chain went like this for me after zoning in too Gh you talk too the big giant " lol" then he sends you too talk too the madstone guy, then after that he sends you too the POP gouy then Cable then TOr
    Kahzadoom~Nexus~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~Xzr~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

One question, right before you entered Tor, did you speak to the giant right next to the door, or did you go straight into the quest? I only ask, because after I flagged pop/cabal/madstone last night, the gianthold tor "doorman" has some text about "allowing" me in or something like that. I imagine that the text is different if you aren't flagged for gianthold tor, but I don't know for sure.

For flagging pop/cabal/madstone, that giant near cydonie is the one that will help tell you what you next need to flag for (at least he did for me).

I agree this appears frustrating. Being able to entire Tor, kill all the dragons yet still not be flagged is mind boggling, especially when you were previously flagged, having done all of GH. I don't mind doing each quest again, if only for the loot, ED xp and experience the changes, but being able to get into Tor without actually having the ability to flag is misleading and should be clarified or changed.
    Originally Posted by Eladrin
    I often word things in ways that cause the most speculation and panic, because I'm capricious and mean.
    Argo: Cydia - Ariasa

From what I can tell, the flagging could be summarized as:

* Heroic ToR does not have a quest giver.
    * It requires running the three flagging quests to talk to the quest giver for epic ToR.
    * It requires to complete the flagging quests and ToR with their respective quest givers to advance the quest chain.

So, basically, while you can enter any of these quests (including epic ToR if you were flagged on heroic), you need to (re-)run them again to advance the quest chain.
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz