Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Monster Manual 3

I was so excited to see they added a new volume. Bought it right away. Then looked at what monsters they added...

Really??? This is what was added...

Beholders, off to invaders I go... over and over and over
    Flesh Golems, I didn't know there were that many flesh golems all over the place. Well, at least when I farm flesh makers, I can get a few by getting them over and over and over
    Fire Elementals I can live with this one
    Hill Giants.hill giants???? what am I going to do all day... hang out in threnals explorers and kill the guy running into the camp over and over??? what about the obvious... OGRES
    Fiendish Lions...... why don't you just add in owlbears and displacer beasts...I have a better chance of slaying those. And speaking of owlbears and displacer beasts, why aren't there any... and what about umber hulks....
    Hezrou, Orthons & Rakshasa.... I am not even sure WHAT to say here
    Dwarf finally, a monster that can be found in many different quests
    Ghast....ghast?? GHAST??? omg what about wights, wights are everywhere. I don't even know if I have ever seen ghasts... I think I killed one in catacombs

Honestly, I am very disappointed at the selection of this monster manual. I have been a die hard advocate of the monster manual and that it brings a new level of coolness and fun to the game. I even printed off a list and have been tracking the previous monsters. After seeing the selection, this is truly the first time I have ever regretted buying anything from the store.
    Mobility, proud leader of Bane on Thelanis ~ I am either loved or hated, there is no in between. (Self declared Ultimate Piker, though I now give my crown to Ranit. He has guildies log his toons and play his toons for him. Getting xp and not even playing the game? He wins)

Quote Originally Posted by HackSlashKill View Post
    Ghast....ghast?? GHAST??? omg what about wights, wights are everywhere. I don't even know if I have ever seen ghasts... I think I killed one in catacombs
    Just got my ghast slayer 1 running Delera's. They are everywhere, but they blend in with the wights. Just like in PnP.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Just got my ghast slayer 1 running Delera's. They are everywhere, but they blend in with the wights. Just like in PnP.
    Actually in pnp they blend in with ghouls

Beware the Sleepeater

Hezrou, Rakshasa, Fire Elementals and Orthons are common and also there's important ones of all of them (Demon of the Frenzied Blood, Razor Arm, etc in old content, and a fair number in the Eveningstar content too).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

The Hatchery

There are a lot of Beholders of different kinds in the Xoriat/Madness chain. AND YOU CAN GET A BEHOLDER AS A PET HOLY ****

Lots of Hill Giants in... Gianthold.

Lots of Hezrou in the Web of Chaos and the Demonweb. Lots of Rakshasas in the Web of Chaos. Orthons freaking everywhere in Savarath and the Vale.

Lots of Dwarves in the Duegar quests, also a lot in Gianthold.

Ghasts are everywhere and they're obnoxious.

Flesh Golems I'll give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    YOU CAN GET A BEHOLDER AS A PET
    I bought the MM3 for this...

Im really excited about the new MM3,mainly because of the beholder,but im a little worried that i will have to buy some pack to get the pet,i just got both Madness packs and I know where most of the normal F2P Beholders are,but im gussing there will be more red names hiding in other packs i dont have yet. I cant wait to start hunting beholders once the 250 TP show up.

Is fiendish lion just that lion? Seems like it should be all of the lion types.

Only thing I don't like are ghasts.
    Its like saying that I must buy something I had again to keep it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    There are a lot of Beholders of different kinds in the Xoriat/Madness chain. AND YOU CAN GET A BEHOLDER AS A PET HOLY ****

Lots of Hill Giants in... Gianthold.

Lots of Hezrou in the Web of Chaos and the Demonweb. Lots of Rakshasas in the Web of Chaos. Orthons freaking everywhere in Savarath and the Vale.

Lots of Dwarves in the Duegar quests, also a lot in Gianthold.

Ghasts are everywhere and they're obnoxious.

Flesh Golems I'll give you that.
    Awesome on the beholder pet. And yes orthons I am glad can get a ton of those, but did they add devils at all? Just doing sins and shavarath you can get lots of them. I am not logging in till after the fix, not even risking unpacking my toons then sift through everything to figure out whats missing. Can not wait to play the new stuff but just not worth risking or testing it.

Wouldn't mind a devil pet Can name him Dave , harry's illegitimate child from another mother (Green from too much brocoli intake)
    Last edited by silence383; 02-21-2013 at 12:26 AM.
    Obscurity

I agree that the selection is very disappointing.

I was looking forward to MM3 very much, as it is one of the only things I would really spend TP on (premium and have all adventure packs now, don't buy armor kits or consumables or other stupid stuff).

Now I am considering not even getting it. Orthons, dwarves and maybe fire elementals are legit...perhaps hill giants.

Ghasts and hezrou are a bit weak.

But fiendish cats, raksashas...really?? Flesh golems??

The only reason for those last few are just to fill out the manual and because they were probably a lot easier to code than a real monster type.

While drow, ogres, oozes would have been better...hell even gnolls, or dragons. So many possibilities!

Maybe they are putting a mix of interesting and bleh monsters in each manual, but I hate to see such an amazing concept as the MM ****ed away by diluting each volume to the point where it almost isn't worth getting.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    I agree that the selection is very disappointing.

I was looking forward to MM3 very much, as it is one of the only things I would really spend TP on (premium and have all adventure packs now, don't buy armor kits or consumables or other stupid stuff).

Now I am considering not even getting it. Orthons, dwarves and maybe fire elementals are legit...perhaps hill giants.

Ghasts and hezrou are a bit weak.

But fiendish cats, raksashas...really?? Flesh golems??

The only reason for those last few are just to fill out the manual and because they were probably a lot easier to code than a real monster type.

While drow, ogres, oozes would have been better...hell even gnolls, or dragons. So many possibilities!

Maybe they are putting a mix of interesting and bleh monsters in each manual, but I hate to see such an amazing concept as the MM ****ed away by diluting each volume to the point where it almost isn't worth getting.
    Oozes and gnolls are in monster manual 2 I thought,would have to log in to check

Seems like they put one good one in now...a few ok's..then some blah's...Probably to make money and keep the manuals going or they would run out of them.

I think drow's and ooze were already in too..but not logging in to check till the patch which i hope is quick on this.
    Last edited by silence383; 02-21-2013 at 12:36 AM.
    Obscurity

I stand corrected on Hill Giants. Didn't realize hill giants were all over the place in Epic Gianthold slayers
    Mobility, proud leader of Bane on Thelanis ~ I am either loved or hated, there is no in between. (Self declared Ultimate Piker, though I now give my crown to Ranit. He has guildies log his toons and play his toons for him. Getting xp and not even playing the game? He wins)

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Actually in pnp they blend in with ghouls
    OH yeah. Maybe they are with the ghouls then here as well. Probably are and I'm just getting my undead mixed up again.

Looks like a solid MM edition to me.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

As long as more MM things are getting added, it's fine by me. I know I'm silly, but I like the achievement style system.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

I'll definitely buy it.
    Flesh golems are the only ones that are pretty rare. To bad they didn't do iron or clay golems instead, those are all over the place.

Edit- even so, it makes sense to add rare monsters in with the common ones, the goal is to have all of them, and if you only add the common ones first then the later monster manuals will be filled only rare monsters, making them less desirable.
    That which does not kill you gives you experience points.

(Fighter->Fighter->Fighter->Monk->Monk->Barbarian->Paladin->Ranger)

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    As long as more MM things are getting added, it's fine by me. I know I'm silly, but I like the achievement style system.
    Yeah I'm a fan. I hope they add everything in the game.

Got to agree on the flesh golems there: these guys only appear in the Orchard, Fleshmaker's and Litany as far as I know. I can only guess that the other golems will be included in the next MMs. Still flesh golems should not have been a priority.

Also wonder why fiendish lions get their own section: would it not be better to just group these together with all other felines? You know, like they did with bats, rats and the other animals?

Dwarves, Orthons, Hill Giants, Fire Elementals, Ghasts and Beholders definitely deserve their place. Was secretely even hoping for Beholders, there are a lot more of these critters in the game than you think:

Caverns of Korromar, VON3, Threnal South 1, Threnal South 2, Invaders, Prison of the Planes, Delirium, Orchard, Ghosts of Perdition, Litany, Rainbow in the dark, In The Flesh, Subterrane, Acute Delirium, Sane Asylum, Lord of Eyes and some others I probably forget. Seriously just have a look on the Wiki to see how many of them exist.

Now Turbine, how about Renders and Gnolls for MM4?
    Last edited by Syrrah; 02-21-2013 at 05:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Syrrah View Post
    Got to agree on the flesh golems there: these guys only appear in the Orchard, Fleshmaker's and Litany as far as I know. I can only guess that the other golems will be included in the next MMs. Still flesh golems should not have been a priority.

Also wonder why fiendish lions get their own section: would it not be better to just group these together with all other felines? You know, like they did with bats, rats and the other animals?

Dwarves, Orthons, Hill Giants, Fire Elementals, Ghasts and Beholders definitely deserve their place. Was secretely even hoping for Beholders, there are a lot more of these critters in the game than you think:

Caverns of Korromar, VON3, Threnal South 1, Threnal South 2, Invaders, Prison of the Planes, Delirium, Orchard, Ghosts of Perdition, Litany, Rainbow in the dark, In The Flesh, Subterrane, Acute Delirium, Sane Asylum, Lord of Eyes and some others I probably forget. Seriously just have a look on the Wiki to see how many of them exist.

Now Turbine, how about Renders and Gnolls for MM4?
    I like the idea of new manuals, but I can't agree with ghasts.
    We had them already in vol2, now we have to pay again to have accest to them.
    In next volumes, they will probably try to separate as much mobs as possible, to sell us again something we already have. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast