Default DDO Video Leveling Guide to 20

Hello everyone,

I had some requests about what I do to cap a toon, so instead of posting it, I decided to make a video leveling guide.

What is the DDO Leveling Guide to 20? I chose one quest per level that I believe is very good xp/min but that most people don't know how to run fast/farm. You can find each quest that I do at this level below the video, as well as how many times I do them.

You can find the link to my youtube channel below, and feel free to comment, rate or suscribe. It's the only thing that keeps me making videos!

Notes
    • This is a work in progress - I am taking these videos as I level my monkcher - I posted the build here : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=405243
    • My leveling pattern is representative of my playstyle (fast paced, solo or small groups), of the type of Reincarnation (4.3 million XP, no XP potions), the type of toon I play (on an arcane/divine life I usually skip a lot of "smaller xp" quests) and what I enjoy running (I'll farm a lot of GH because for the most part, I enjoy these quests).
    • The quest I chose is not the best xp/min quest at "x" level. Most new players know early on which quests are heavily farmed (Shadow Crypted, Wizard King, Trial by Fire, Monastery, etc.). I'm trying to show quests that are not necessarily well known but that are still good on the xp/min, or even farmable - as I believe a new player can easily find a lot of information on those heavily farmed quests either on the forums, on youtube or ingame.
    • There is no music in these videos, youtube being kind enough to block some of the videos where I have music. However, I am talking during each of these videos - sometimes I just say what goes through my mind at the time I'm running the quest, I sometimes give advice on equipment at level, some tricks on how to do the quest. After listening to my videos, I realise how dumb I sound, since there are a lot of blanks and hesitations in my speech. English is not my native language as I am French and I guess I can have a hard time finding my words when concentrating on what I'm doing. If my accent or what I'm saying bothers you, simply turn off the sound.
    • All these videos are in 720HD or higher quality for the simple reason my US speed sucks (one of the downsides of living in a small town).
    • I highly recommend Carpone's leveling guide on the DDO forums - his leveling pattern is pretty similar but I believe he uses XP potions so he skips some quests. (Link here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=367893)

I think this is it - I will be happy to answer any questions.

I also enjoy making these videos so if you have any requests - whether it is about 1-20 questing, a raid, strategies in general, the builds I am playing, I will be happy to do so as long as I can. (I was requested to make videos with my 81 intelligence wiz but sadly, I had already TRed :/)

Thank you for reading, I hope this helps some people
    Last edited by Symerith; 02-07-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Community Member

Default Nice one Sith

Sith that's a nice guide you put together there! For all of those players that want to do a fast TR life, Sith really has it down to a fine art and lots to pick up here.
    RTFM on Khyber

Default Finished!

All the videos have been uploaded to Youtube.

I have been asked where I wrote all the quests I do at a certain level and how many times.. it is in the description!

Hope you guys enjoy it, I will post the 1-20 XP Guide here

I have had some trouble with audio compression, if there's anything wrong in the videos, please let me know here or on Youtube!

Thanks,

Sith

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Thanks for posting this.

I always love video guides (lost count how often I watched MrCow's), they're extremely helpful.
    Especially with comments, some of the nifty tricks get lost if you just run along in a farm group.

+1 to you.
    Cannith:
    Gerrak (TR Project on life 8), Iohannis (Wizard L21), Laxis (Favored Soul L24), Remys (Paladin L20)