Talking Java Damage & DPM Calculator for DDO

Current version is: v0.12 released on 2013.2.12

After seeing that the few other dps/damage calculators were something I didn't like. So I decided to make a java calculator for graphing & simulating damage and DPM.
    I've done a few comparison runs between weapons and the simulated data and they seem to be concise enough for a release.

Here's a few pictures of the data output.

http://durhur.fi/~peri/DPSCalc/DA1000.png
    http://durhur.fi/~peri/DPSCalc/DADPM.png
    Example graphs
    Unarmed

TWF

THF

You can download all files in a zip here. You will need JRE 7 to run this.
    http://durhur.fi/~peri/DPSCalc/
    What you want is the DamageCalc-v0.12.jar file and the WeaponProcSet.xml you can edit the .xml or make one of your own.
    You can use the DamageCalc.bat file to execute the program if double clicking won't start it.

Missing features
    -Was too lazy to implement Double strike calculations it's not a big job but meh.
    -Need to add ranged simulation as well.
    -Lacks weapon procs like incineration, magma surge, crushing waves, cacophony etc. and things that proc on target DOT procs.
    The weapon effects are still a bit of hack job.

I refered to this post about attack speeds http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=275144

Anyway hope this is useful for someone out there besides myself.

V0.1 Added feature Glancing blow simulation when checked on 1st and 4th attacks in THF chains.
    V0.11 Made the text boxes behave a little bit saner (don't have to hit enter anymore) and added glancing blow proc damage to the output window.
    v0.12 Fixed the output for off hand on both unarmed and twf as they were showing the damage done by mainhand by accident.
    Last edited by Perikeles; 09-06-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Comprehensive.

Updated the jar and added Glancing blow simulation for different glancing blow modifiers 20% 30% 40% 50% added the option select the proc chance.

Also cleared up some of the feedback in the UI window.

Community Member

Awesome calculator.

Although, I was fiddling around with it. The "What is your [w]" refers to the 2 in 2[1d20], right? If I understand this correctly, it seems like the calculator is a bit insensitive to this value. Plugging in 0 for pretty much everything and bringing weapon dice (1d20) from 0.5 to 3 in .5 increments yields a damage range that is consistently in the 0-20 damage area (ignoring crits). 1000 [1d20] also yields the same range.

Always possible I'm just running the thing incorrectly.
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

Quote Originally Posted by sandypaws View Post
    Awesome calculator.

Although, I was fiddling around with it. The "What is your [w]" refers to the 2 in 2[1d20], right? If I understand this correctly, it seems like the calculator is a bit insensitive to this value. Plugging in 0 for pretty much everything and bringing weapon dice (1d20) from 0.5 to 3 in .5 increments yields a damage range that is consistently in the 0-20 damage area (ignoring crits). 1000 [1d20] also yields the same range.

Always possible I'm just running the thing incorrectly.
    Ah, yes there is uh an issue with it. I need to change how the text boxes are handled at the moment you need to press enter every time you edit a text field or the program won't recognize it. It's on the todo list.

Community Member

Ah, spiffy! That fixed it. Thanks.
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

- I guess Doublestrike calculation isn't implemented anyway yet so it doesn't matter? But you only have Doublestrike going up to 15 on the drop-down, 40%+ is achievable with S&B.

- I'm not sure whether 2WF effectively emulates Imp Shield Bash with S&B, considering:
    -- imp bashes are (as currently implemented) once every 5 seconds and not 20%
    -- you get both glancing blows from 2HF *and* the shield damage from the 2WF-like imp bashes
    -- the attack profile may very well be different than sTHF/fTHF/2WF, I have no idea

- I could go into the jar to fix the drop-down values I'm sure, but it might be nice if they were defined in an xml to make them easier to manually fix

- Any reason not to open source it on GitHub? Among other things, Chrome did not like me downloading the .zip since it's from an untrusted domain. And I at least would probably tinker and send you a pull if it was.

Thanks for the tool.

Double strike is not implemented the actual double strike values for it are a trivial addition and I think I'll leave it to when I'm going to implement it. It's more of a placeholder than anything in the UI.
    And I don't think the values for sTHF and fTHF should be used for sword & board fighting. There's no actual implementation for simulating sword & board fighting style for the damage per minute side at the moment. The attack profile is different between the different styles it affects the speed of the attack animations and how much bab increases the speed. I have not figured out how S&B fighting works really as I don't have a single toon that uses it so I haven't actually thought about it much. There seems to be a lot of different things s&b fighting and certain feats do.

Also I have no control over what chrome considers trusted or not.

I'll make the tool available on git at some point but as it is now it is in no shape.

Oh and thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by Perikeles; 02-16-2013 at 06:53 PM. Reason: added a few lines of text