Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post

I would analyze the trend. Over the last 8 months, we have seen

1) A failure to renew the domain registration for DDO

2) A ridiculously flawed, buggy expansion

3) Layoffs

4) A broken Halloween event for toons over level 20 (which are the toons which were the focus of the expansion). Not only was it broken in its initial run, but after promises were made that it would be fixed when it was brought back, it was still broken then as well. No one from Turbine even bothered to admit that they had broken the promises they made to customers.

5) Servers which are crashing at an increasing rate.

6) Capped out by this comic roll out of a new billing system.

Taken as a whole, that really doesn't scream either brilliant business or technical execution. The fact that you want to excuse this, or even lionize these people, while attacking people who would point out the issues is simply ridiculous.

And yes, it is safe to say that I wouldn't consider being a professional reference for any of these people, as I would feel compelled to state the obvious to anyone who asked.

Agreed and I think you are generously leaving a number of other issues out.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Agreed and I think you are generously leaving a number of other issues out.

Nice to see the guy who quit playing DDO months ago is backing the guy who's been slamming DDO for the last six months. Solidarity for the win!

In case anyone else missed it amid the Turbine bashapalooza, Turbine restored the OP's XPs/EDs back so end thread?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Nice to see the guy who quit playing DDO months ago is backing the guy who's been slamming DDO for the last six months. Solidarity for the win!

In case anyone else missed it amid the Turbine bashapalooza, Turbine restored the OP's XPs/EDs back so end thread?
    Hi,

There's a fair bit of constructive criticism in these guys' posts. Some of it is delivered very bluntly, but that shouldn't be the issue.

Turbine has restored exactly one person's ED xp. So that is nice for Carpone, but not quite so good for the other poor chumps affected by this bug. And not a huge customer service win in my opinion either, although it is a step in the right direction after six months of inaction.

Thanks.
    Last edited by blerkington; 02-20-2013 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Hi,

There's a fair bit of constructive criticism in these guys' posts. Some of it is delivered very bluntly, but that shouldn't be the issue.

Turbine has restored exactly one person's ED xp. So that is nice for Carpone, but not quite so good for the other poor chumps affected by this bug. And not a huge customer service win in my opinion either, although it is a step in the right direction after six months of inaction.

Thanks.

And you know this is the only player who has ever had his ED xp restored how?

Just like no one here outside of Turbine has any idea what the percentage of players who LR'd then immediately TR'ed and then experienced this problem, I think it is very likely you have absolutely NO idea how many people have reported this issue directly to Turbine and that you have NO idea how many have had it resolved satisfactorily as not everyone comes running to the forums whenever they have a customer service issue.

One could make the conclusion that since Turbine fixed this player's issue, as they have many player's issues in past threads, that they also fix issues you and I never read about in the forum and thus were never aware of. Nah, much easier to keep slamming Turbine based on hearsay, or to log in months after you've publicly quit the game to throw another log on the Turbine effigy. That's constructive and healthy.
    Last edited by Postumus; 02-20-2013 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Hi,

Thanks.
    Im afraid the critcism isnt all that constructive. It just points out how "bad" things are, not taking into account anything except the fact that they dont like som ethings. Not all criticism pointed towards turbine is constructive.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Turbine restored the XP/ED to *ONE PERSON*.

There are lots more people being ignored and this thread is the *ONLY* reason why they bothered to do something for the OP.

Thread should still be going strong until the many other people who lost millions and millions of XP get that XP back.

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Im afraid the critcism isnt all that constructive. It just points out how "bad" things are, not taking into account anything except the fact that they dont like som ethings. Not all criticism pointed towards turbine is constructive.
    Some of the criticism in this thread isn't all that constructive. Some is.

Complaining about complaints ain't all that constructive either.

The attention and complaints that this thread generated was obviously constructive for at least one person, so that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post

There are lots more people being ignored and this thread is the *ONLY* reason why they bothered to do something for the OP.

Thread should still be going strong until the many other people who lost millions and millions of XP get that XP back.
    It is most excellent that we have people on the forums that have access to so much information that they can with certainty make statements like this.

Thank you for the information

Community Member

There's a word that applies to statements such as yours:

Cite.

And you know this is the only player who has ever had his ED xp restored how?
    It's entirely possible that a couple of other players had their ED restored.

We know for sure that there are other players who have lost all of their EDs and who never had that XP restored. How do we know that? Because those players have stepped up in various threads to mention that they still don't have their EDs that they lost.

In any case "Turbine isn't as terrible as you guys are saying because they might be doing good things that we don't know about" is a far cry from where they should be. They can do better. They should do better. It's even possible that they will do better. The last few years suggests that they won't.

It's entirely possible that a couple of other players had their ED restored.

We know for sure that there are other players who have lost all of their EDs and who never had that XP restored. How do we know that? Because those players have stepped up in various threads to mention that they still don't have their EDs that they lost.

In any case "Turbine isn't as terrible as you guys are saying because they might be doing good things that we don't know about" is a far cry from where they should be. They can do better. They should do better. It's even possible that they will do better. The last few years suggests that they won't.
    The only thing that the last few years suggest to me is that nerdrage is in fashion (not specifically pointed at you, so dont get mad for nothing)

Quote Originally Posted by danzig138 View Post
    There's a word that applies to statements such as yours:

Cite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    My epic destiny XP has been restored. Thank you very much to Cordovan, Gazebo and everyone else working silently behind the scenes. I've updated the OP with this information.
    If you believe that they have restored the XP to a significant number of other people that we don't know about, then I invite you to present evidence of that.

Here's some more evidence that they haven't restored bunches of other people's XP: Jerry or Amanda or one of the devs would have made an announcement saying that they've found something or fixed something or made some progress on this issue if they had done something that makes some progress on this issue. They're not good at communicating before they have a solution, but they actually are decent at letting people know when a solution finally does exist.

The only thing that the last few years suggest to me is that nerdrage is in fashion (not specifically pointed at you, so dont get mad for nothing)
    If that's the case, then you haven't been paying attention to the bugs that they let slip through.

Every company lets bugs slip through. When bugs slip through that would have been caught if even unit testing had been done (the many Handwraps bugs is the most blatant example of that), then it's obvious that they don't do unit testing. When bugs that have been previously squashed come back again and again (various exploits, especially raid-related exploits that come up almost every time a new raid is released), then it's obvious that they don't do any meaningful regression testing.

That's not nerdrage. That's nerddisappointment.

It is most excellent that we have people on the forums that have access to so much information that they can with certainty make statements like this.

Thank you for the information
    I know of about a dozen people who lost all of their Epic Destinies. In the course of this thread and on threads on *cough*another*cough* forum, those players mentioned that they didn't expect the OP to get his XP back because all of their requests for Turbine's help for this issue were ignored. And several of them posted variations on "Congrats! I'm glad you got yours back. Wish they would give me mine back." when Turbine fixed Carpone's problem.

I suppose it's possible that the post I'm quoting wasn't sarcastic, but it certainly came across that way.

I know of about a dozen people who lost all of their Epic Destinies. In the course of this thread and on threads on *cough*another*cough* forum, those players mentioned that they didn't expect the OP to get his XP back because all of their requests for Turbine's help for this issue were ignored. And several of them posted variations on "Congrats! I'm glad you got yours back. Wish they would give me mine back." when Turbine fixed Carpone's problem.

I suppose it's possible that the post I'm quoting wasn't sarcastic, but it certainly came across that way.
    If it hadnt i would have failed. Im almost always slightly sarcastic, and it gets worse when i read proclamations of that stripe.

Actually if you had read this thread you'd see they restored xp/ed to at least TWO PEOPLE. So right off the bat your statement is factually incorrect.

Really? How many is 'lots' exactly? 10? 100? 1000? 10000? Because I see FOUR people reporting this (two in this thread, two in threads linked to this one) issue and we know at least two got their XPs back while one did not. The fourth person just seemed to stop posting about it so who knows what happened there.

It's also obvious from reading the related threads where a number of people reported 'losing' their xps only to 'find' them later, that there are multiple issues occurring where some are user error (not understanding how EDs work), some are weird reloading glitches with the game, and a HANDFUL seem to be like the one in the OP.

I disagree. I think they should close this thread as it pertained to one individual whose complaint was serviced and resolved. If this happens to anyone else they should speak to customer service and handle it with Turbine as that seems to be the best way to get any problems with accounts resolved. About 90% of this thread is not relevant to the situation, unfounded speculation, hearsay, pointless threats, irrelevant argumentation, made up facts like 'lots more people being ignored', and fear mongering. That doesn't seem constructive in the slightest.

That doesn't seem constructive in the slightest.
    Complaining got one problem fixed.

Perhaps complaining about the other problems will get them fixed.

Thankfully, you don't get to decide what posts are allowed and what posts aren't.

I know of about a dozen people who lost all of their Epic Destinies. In the course of this thread

That's simply not true.

Go back and actually read the entire thread, I did. There are TWO people in this thread, the OP and Voodoo, who reported this issue and both had their xps/eds restored. There is ONE link to another thread where that person has not has his xps restored.

That's THREE people in this thread total. Where are you getting the other nine? I mean actual players reporting the issue not "I heard of this guy who..."

False correlation. Occam's razor: Most likely scenario is that actually reporting the issue to Turbine and following up with Turbine got it fixed. Not everyone else dog piling on in this thread. That was most likely counterproductive.

Thankfully, you don't get to decide what posts are allowed and what posts aren't.
    True enough. I would be less tolerant of posts with fabricated facts that only serve to create fear and distrust of the game and the company servicing it. I think you may be too used to that intellectual haven of the other 'cough cough' place where facts aren't checked and trading four-letter insults back and forth is considered highbrow.
    Last edited by Postumus; 02-20-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Please reread my post about how wonderful you are. Where DO you find all these facts?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast