Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Old outfits revitalised

It is great to see some of the old outfits dropping without the huge swathes of cloth or strange furry cardigan.

Some outfits have lost their clutter.. huzzah!

I have often thought it was a shame that all the work that went into the patterns on the base outfit were hidden but now these patterns are revealed at last. Whoever was responsible for deciding to make this change, thank you and thank you again for giving them new icons so that I can see which type of outfit I am buying from the AH.

Never again will I pull a really good outfit only to realise that I am going to poke the eyes out of the rest of the group with my super long neck spikes every time I roll and kick. I am sure the people I group with will be pleased to keep their eyes too.

I know it's not a huge change to the game and I wouldn't expect devs to spend a lot of time on such things as I know there are much more important areas and bugs to work on. But still, I am pleased to see the odd bit of cosmetic polishing here and there.

Thanks again,

Saryent

Wow - Thanks Devs - Loving these designs already.

Nice outfits... but at endgame, all monks wear the Caparison.

There is nothing better stat wise, is easy to get, looks good... The problem is that Eveningstar looks like Mao's China.

Default Quartermaster/Feather/Whomever +1

Also really pleased here.

I don't think Turbine realizes how much more they could capitalize on customizable aesthetics. I've made the suggestion before about player-created armor kits from loot gen items to deafening silence, but I still think that it's important.

Defining your character by gear is quite a bit of this game and everyone likes to look snazzy. Thus, a Turbine-point-powered solution that keeps characters interested in grinding is my proposal for keeping Turbine profitable and players happy.

Let's allow people to see artwork from this game that's not dragonscale, caparison, spidersilk, or any of the other handful of endgame skins/armor kits that everyone uses.
    Last edited by SealedInSong; 02-04-2013 at 02:36 AM. Reason: typo
    Character Compendium

Oh, those are nice. Well played, devs. I too am a despiser of the furry cardigan although I quite like the star of spikes one myself

The armour kits from lootgen is a great idea. I hunted high and low to find a guild slotted techie looking brigandine for my arti
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

As much as I enjoy the look, have wished we had outfits that looked that way for a long time, and hope that this is genuine...

Are we sure this is a legitimate style, and not just a bug where the over-layers of the outfits are not showing for some reason?
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    As much as I enjoy the look, have wished we had outfits that looked that way for a long time, and hope that this is genuine...

Are we sure this is a legitimate style, and not just a bug where the over-layers of the outfits are not showing for some reason?
    I agree, i wish they normally looked like this.

However I can't help but feel it's probably a side effect from trying to fix the half orc invisible armor problem.

Community Member

I think I have seen that last one before. I had a similar outfit on a rogue which had all the draperies on it and then one day the draperies just disappeared, so I am inclined towards the bug suggestion.

AJ

Community Member

Default New outfit icons

I am hopeful that they are new as each outfit now has an icon to show what it is in your inventory and on the AH.
    Key below

Top row: Old type

left = blue swathe of cloth

next = spiky coffee style

Couldn't find a furry one to show but it does have it's own icon.

Second row: New style - Same order as pics in first post

left = red (pic 1)

next = blue (pic 2)

end = gold (pic3)

Fingers crossed that this isn't just a bug.

Saryent

Good to know/see.
    Thank you.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

This is intentional.
    I replaced the old random jumpsuit + random gear over it Outfit generation with seven specific outfit appearances, and made matching icons and focus orb images for each of them.

I plan on doing something similar with armors, and then adding more in as I can steal the time to do so. It's practically shameful how terrible DDO's equipment has always looked, and it's not our artist's faults. We've got a good amount of nice looking armor art.

The problem has always been the system of randomly throwing together the item's base appearance (the jumpsuit) together with a random gear (shoulders, any parts that aren't flat) on top.

Edit:
    Before anyone gets worried, there's still several Outfit appearances with gearsets on top too.
    Last edited by Feather_of_Sun; 02-04-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is intentional.
    I replaced the old random jumpsuit + random gear over it Outfit generation with seven specific outfit appearances, and made matching icons and focus orb images for each of them.

I plan on doing something similar with armors, and then adding more in as I can steal the time to do so. It's practically shameful how terrible DDO's equipment has always looked, and it's not our artist's faults. We've got a good amount of nice looking armor art.

The problem has always been the system of randomly throwing together the item's base appearance (the jumpsuit) together with a random gear (shoulders, any parts that aren't flat) on top.

Edit:
    Before anyone gets worried, there's still several Outfit appearances with gearsets on top too.
    This is good news

EDIT

As you tackle this with armors, will it possible include docents, robes as well?
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

This is intentional.
    As I said - good to know.
    However given past history, I hope you can understand why I felt the need to ask if it was intended or bug.

edit: Thank you. This is an excellent addition to the game, both in terms of utility and aesthetics. Best of luck with the armor project.
    Last edited by Memnir; 02-04-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Oh, THANK YOU!!!! If I never have to wear another of those Kraven the Hunter outfits with a gourd fetish it will be too soon!
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Quote Originally Posted by jbleargh View Post
    Nice outfits... but at endgame, all monks wear the Caparison.

There is nothing better stat wise, is easy to get, looks good... The problem is that Eveningstar looks like Mao's China.
    I still can't seem to give up my DT 10/20% amp outfit.

Glad for pdk gloves to skip the claw grind but till I can get a double amp stack somewhere else.....
    Move along , Nothing to see here

This is intentional.

Edit:
    Thank you for your endeavors here.

While I imagine that management and bean counters feel differently, the players REALLY APPRECIATE these quality of play improvements that you have made efforts to incorporate.

Thank you. It is these kinds of improvements that motivate me to buy Turbine Points.

+1 Feather! You deserve another assistant (from the none you have now)

Thanks for looking at appearances!

None of these outfits are to my taste, but I'm glad someone is looking at armor appearance in general.
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

This is intentional.

This is brilliant stuff!

Looking forward to seeing more of these as they happen.

Are any named items getting a new look? Or is it just random gen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast