Arrow Risia Ice Games coin farming Guide

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfOgs9xYzQg

For non-monks/FvS, fast method: 2 purps/min

Fast method to collect purple coins for the DDO Winter Festival, Risia Ice Games.

All classes, the only prerequisite is that you have Epic Destinies (ED) and you have some destinies unlocked.

You need a certain amount of jump skills and general running speed. I increased my jump and speed by twisting in some enhancements from the 'Shadowdancer' and 'Grandmaster of Flowers' EDs. You can also use heroism & jump buffs. It is also very helpful to aquire the Phiarlan Pendant of Time (150 Phiarlan favor) for that purpose.

Most importanatly you need some sort of propulsion like the Heap of Faith form the 'Exalted Angel' ED. Because you need to activate it twice and it has a short cooldown, you need need to jump up from the mast before you fire it.

Getting onto the mast requires some practice, too. Because you have to stop right on top of it.

After you've collected a coin switch instance because each coin needs some time to respawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    People are absolutely working on it at the moment.

It's much easier to jump from the top of the tavern, but it does require a certain amount of speed - pendant of time alone doesn't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    It's much easier to jump from the top of the tavern, but it does require a certain amount of speed - pendant of time alone doesn't cut it.
    Pendant of Time plus either monk Abundant Step or FvS Leap of Faith and jump from top of the tavern. Much easier.

Farm rate only limited by how many harbor instances there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbelbo View Post
    For non-monks/FvS
    Read, comprehend & then respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbelbo View Post
    Read, comprehend & then respond.
    Er, what? You're using FVS wings, just through the ED. You can do the same thing from the top of the tavern.

I have tried from the top of the tavern and can't seem to make it. I had the pendant of time running and 40 jump. Is there something else I need? This is on my level 22 FVS
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Er, what? You're using FVS wings, just through the ED. You can do the same thing from the top of the tavern.
    I doubt that heavily. Why you think so many people are using the mast-method then? Of course I'd be delighted if you would proof your claim and make a video or show a video.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    I have tried from the top of the tavern and can't seem to make it. I had the pendant of time running and 40 jump. Is there something else I need? This is on my level 22 FVS
    You need extra (stacking) speed on top of the 50% pendant of time. VIP speed should be enough, or barb speed, or ranger sprint boost, or of course monk speed. Monks obviously have it easiest.

Or if the Jester is active, you can jump from the 3rd platform in front of him and double boost, no speed required. Unfortunately of course the Jester is gone at this point.
    Last edited by cdr; 01-22-2013 at 01:34 PM.