Community Member

Default Wolf Companion Armor

So call me a total loser, newb, git, whatever... what armor does a wolf wear and how do I get it without crafting? I do have a character with decent crafting (50-70 range) but haven't done anything craftign wise in months. A module doesn't seem right, but is that what i am looking for to put on my wolf?

Your wolf wears leather armor. You can access his character sheet by right clicking his health bar while you have him summoned. There is a place to give him a collar and a place to give him some armor. Any armor that you would pick for yourself, you can give to your dog. I made an unbalancing of invulnerability with a large guild augment for lower levels.

Once you get to the upper levels, some people build their dogs for tripping and cc. Some people build for tankiness. Some people decide to not use their dog at all.

You can make companion collars by putting a pair of hand wraps in the trap crafting station in the harbor with a few trap parts. I really like a decent set of armor with a large guild augment slot and a collar that helps him trip.

Hope this helps!
    --Pealea, Peawee, worldpeas, givepeas achance, and whoopea on Khyber

Community Member

Its not just leather armor, seems to be any light or medium armor a druid can wear without breaking their oath as well. Leaves of the Forest is one of my favorite pup armors, it's a medium armor. Sadly they cannot wear robes.. the house C challenge one to freeze mobs would have been nice.

Community Member

in essence non metal light or medium armors

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smeggy1384 View Post
    Its not just leather armor, seems to be any light or medium armor a druid can wear without breaking their oath as well. Leaves of the Forest is one of my favorite pup armors, it's a medium armor. Sadly they cannot wear robes.. the house C challenge one to freeze mobs would have been nice.
    My wolf wears black dragonhide, while my druid wears blue.

I may be wrong and simply have not noticed something obvious, but wolves don't show any external indicator of their armour.

The artificers' iron defenders change their secondary colour with their docents. I was going to give it the parasitic breastplate... but I discovered I had enough blacks to suit up twice.

They really need to make it more obvious in-game that this is how it works.

It's intuitive that a mechanical dog would wear a docent. It's not intuitive that a wolf would wear the same armor that a bipedal druid can wear without breaking his oath.
    The guy who likes to experience every class. Except Fighter >:[ I don't like you Fighter.
    Hey Devs! Let's give Warpriests and Eldritch Knights some loving, kay? :<

Quote Originally Posted by smeggy1384 View Post
    I haven't tried medium generic, but if you stick them in leaves of the forest (medium) it will show up as not proficient and your pup looses any PRR.

I currently ahve mine in Raksha's Hide (light), and that too is coming up as non prof, but he/she is still getting PRR.

Community Member

Here i was assuming the lack of phys resist rating was a display bug like the fortification on pets one. Is the non proficient showing up in combat log or something? Hate to have to find my dog a new armor, the fortification sure is nice on that one.

Wolves don't get heavy fort so I'd highly recommend giving them an armor with that on it. Leaves of the forest is probably the best armor for a wolf, though it can be a pain to get.
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun