Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Could you explain the damage in the Youtube video: 7 sec sobrian?

Looked unbelievable 2-3k over and over and over. Beautiful really.

But how does it work? How long can that damage be maintained? Is it only 7 sec or does that last longer?

Thanks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    You're only locked out of it if you spend AP on the Fighter Haste Boost 1.
    The things we learn! Thanks for the clarification on this one.
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Syllph View Post
    Could you explain the damage in the Youtube video: 7 sec sobrian?

Looked unbelievable 2-3k over and over and over. Beautiful really.

But how does it work? How long can that damage be maintained? Is it only 7 sec or does that last longer?

Thanks.
    And does it involve making use of Shears to do things which shouldnt happen, and may be changed at a later stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    And does it involve making use of Shears to do things which shouldnt happen, and may be changed at a later stage?
    No shears use, but this is a 30-second burst ability every 5 minutes. Keep in mind the AAs are more burst damage than sustained, though the bursts are QUITE large.
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 01-27-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    Pestilence: Wruntjunior ~ Dragonborn Fire Sorc (finished completionist project) // Wruntarrow ~ HW Archer // Youngwrunt ~ SWF SDK Bardbarian // Wruntstaff ~ Stick Melee (current tr project)

@Syllph

The target was helpless in that vedio, so thats +50% damage and SA damage. Add in 30% more from sense weakness. Also that looked like a 20 fighter. 20 fighters get 10% competence to attack speed and possibly +1 crit multiplier.

Real DPS vs a red named boss is likely to be significantly less. However even getting 2k dps for 20 seconds is still bursting for 40k damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    @Syllph

The target was helpless in that vedio, so thats +50% damage and SA damage. Add in 30% more from sense weakness. Also that looked like a 20 fighter. 20 fighters get 10% competence to attack speed and possibly +1 crit multiplier.

Real DPS vs a red named boss is likely to be significantly less. However even getting 2k dps for 20 seconds is still bursting for 40k damage.
    In one video its 63k damage in 7 seconds.

thanks for answering that

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    @Syllph

That's a 12 monk/6 ranger/2 fighter.
    Pestilence: Wruntjunior ~ Dragonborn Fire Sorc (finished completionist project) // Wruntarrow ~ HW Archer // Youngwrunt ~ SWF SDK Bardbarian // Wruntstaff ~ Stick Melee (current tr project)

what kind of concentration is necessary for this type of build, and maintining Ki?

According to wiki:

If your ki is equal to or less than your Concentration skill, it does not decay. For each multiple of your Concentration skill that it exceeds it by, you receive -1 ki for every 6 seconds

I am juggling skill points with arti (2) for traps and such. If i am understanding this right, a concentration of 30 (with item and constitution bonus) should be way more than adequate because one would need to have more than 60 ki before it degenerates. Am I understanding this right or missing something?
    Thando, Aarag, Keallen, Kuthroat, Sureshott, Skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by rabrams99 View Post
    what kind of concentration is necessary for this type of build, and maintining Ki?

According to wiki:

If your ki is equal to or less than your Concentration skill, it does not decay. For each multiple of your Concentration skill that it exceeds it by, you receive -1 ki for every 6 seconds

I am juggling skill points with arti (2) for traps and such. If i am understanding this right, a concentration of 30 (with item and constitution bonus) should be way more than adequate because one would need to have more than 60 ki before it degenerates. Am I understanding this right or missing something?
    I have an almost 80 concentration on my build, but for a different reason - if I'm getting hit by an arrow while scroll-healing myself in EE, an 80 concentration is usually enough to make the check. As for combat only, a 30-40 may be enough, but I'm really not able to definitively tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    I have an almost 80 concentration on my build, but for a different reason - if I'm getting hit by an arrow while scroll-healing myself in EE, an 80 concentration is usually enough to make the check. As for combat only, a 30-40 may be enough, but I'm really not able to definitively tell you.
    Ah ****, I forgot about the heal part lol, ok
    Thando, Aarag, Keallen, Kuthroat, Sureshott, Skullcrusher

Quick update on gear for U17:

Helm: Helm of the Black Dragon (Draconic Ferocity, Con +8, Green slot: +2 cha, Yellow slot: +2 cha)
    Goggles: Dream Vision (Dream Vision +5, Spot +20, Yellow Slot:+7 dex)
    Necklace: Gilvaenor's Necklace (Constitution +6, Attack Bonus +2, Arcane Archer set)
    Armor: Red scale robe/Black Dragonscale Robe (Colorless slot: Globe of imperial blood (+1 exc. all stats), Blue slot: +14 PRR)
    Trinket: Planar focus of Prowess (Dex +3)
    Cloak: Ghost-Walking Cloak (Charisma +8, Resistance +7, Ghostly, DR 15/Evil)
    Belt: Girdle of Giants' Brawn (Strenght +8, Yellow slot: Proof against disease, Green slot: Insightful Str +2)
    Ring1: Gilvaenor's Ring (Dexterity +6, Exceptional Dexterity +1, Arcane Archer set, Slotted: +20% Healing Amp)
    Ring2: Ring of Stormreaver Prophecy (Wisdom +8, Green slot: +35 HP, Colorless slot: +2 wis)
    Boots: +45HP Boots / Madstone Boots
    Gloves: Backstabber's Gloves (Bluff +20, Sneak Attack +5, Exceptional Sneak Attack +3, Improved Deception, Yellow slot: Deathblock)
    Bracers: Steady Handed Armbands (Attack Bonus +4, Exceptional Seeker +5, Colorless slot: +2 con, Yellow slot: Proof against poison +10)
    Quiver: Quiver of Poison (Venomed Ammunition - 1d10)

Thoughts are welcome. I'm guessing the Arkat's Cord die step increase will work on ranged?
    Last edited by Symerith; 02-04-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Symerith View Post
    Thoughts are welcome. I'm guessing the Arkat's Cord die step increase will work on ranged?
    Doubt it, text says reinforced fists, increases die step for unarmed.

Edit: Dont forget to write up slot consolidation for some of the egh items you have, including the new augments.
    Last edited by xTethx; 02-04-2013 at 12:32 PM.
    Teth - Ascendance

Old School n00b that used to be pretty good at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    Doubt it, text says reinforced fists, increases die step for unarmed.

Edit: Dont forget to write up slot consolidation for some of the egh items you have, including the new augments.
    Thanks.
    I'll have to find something to replace either the boots/belt slot.

I didn't think about the slots but I have a lot more now.. but also many more things I want slot =)

OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Symerith View Post
    Don't bet on it. Reinforced fists appears on other gear. You can test it, but it won't work on ranged.
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Lovely AA build bud!

I'd love to hear your thoughts over on Smrti's gear. Looking at yours, and seeing as our builds are similar (12/6/2 pseudo rangers), although yours is pure ranged focused and mine is more Melee focused with a Ranged option.
    Smrti on Khyber

First of all, thanks for explaining archery is not gimped. We keep saying that a lot but it never seems to be enough. I 100% agree archers can be hard to play but they can be more than viable in the hands of a good player.

The build is well known; still, thanks for the breakdowns, always helpful to be able to compare details^^

I would definitely put down the bow at least in the "long" pause (the 30 secs one), I see no reason not to melee then.

I also don't think OC is worth the 4 feats, I think you lose precision? and some other useful stuff. It's defintely nice to see huge crits now and then with adrenaline on 19-20, but starting with 17 str might be a waste of stat points, and OC might be a waste of feats...

Also, 44 reflex seems a bit low (although improved evasion definitely helps a lot).

Other than that, it's a very nice build, ofc

P.S.: I think you can improve your post-U17 gear setup. Can't tell how exactly, but some items don't seem worth their slot. For example, aren't you better off with +8 str planar focus and any belt in place of girdle? And I see a lot of "so and so" yellow slots...I know planning gear setups is a pain, but you can probably switch some items^^ I'm also a fan of stunning fist, but it's nice to see a pure ranged build too.
    Last edited by FengXian; 02-05-2013 at 03:31 PM.
    Cannith - Juzam, Fighter 8 Ranger 6 Monk 6 AA/ Orocarn, Wraith 12 Stalwart Defender 6 Rogue 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Alleanza degli Uomini Liberi/Guardiani di Eberron

Community Member

You consider changing the build up to 12 monk 6 fighter 2 ranger for update 17? Might get you some more dps squeaked out.
    Teth - Ascendance

Old School n00b that used to be pretty good at the game.

6 ranger gives manyshot/rapid shot/bow strenght/precise shot
    2 fighter gives 2 extra feats

VS

2 ranger gives bow strenght/rapid shot
    6 fighter will give you the 4 feats (2 that I already had and then I need to pick up manyshot/precise shot)
    So overall - no change at all.
    Kensai would be nice to have indeed but it requires one more feat investment: Weapon specialization: Ranged weapons
    I'm not considering DoS but even if I did, it requires toughness which I'm not gonna take.
    The problem is there is no feat I want to drop as I consider them all essential - did you have anything in mind?

OMNIPRESENCE

Quote Originally Posted by FengXian View Post
    First of all, thanks for explaining archery is not gimped. We keep saying that a lot but it never seems to be enough. I 100% agree archers can be hard to play but they can be more than viable in the hands of a good player.

The build is well known; still, thanks for the breakdowns, always helpful to be able to compare details^^

The split is well known, but the concept is new as I don't recall seeing any ranged only AA that would take OC.

I would definitely put down the bow at least in the "long" pause (the 30 secs one), I see no reason not to melee then.

I do see a couple: No stunning blow/fist means you have no CC options - not really optimal for EE content. The only places where I do melee is for really high fort mobs and long boss fights (best example being abbot), especially considering I have good beaters available. Keep in mind during these seconds, I also rebuff/scroll heal or run to the next group of mobs.

I also don't think OC is worth the 4 feats, I think you lose precision? and some other useful stuff. It's defintely nice to see huge crits now and then with adrenaline on 19-20, but starting with 17 str might be a waste of stat points, and OC might be a waste of feats...

There's no better way to add damage. PA is just a feat requirement, precision & PA can't be activated at the same time but you can use Precision just fine. I only have -2 wisdom score compared to a non OC monkcher, which really, with completionist and 44 unbuffed wisdom, is just fine

Also, 44 reflex seems a bit low (although improved evasion definitely helps a lot).

Yeah, it's one of the downsides, but I haven't really encountered situations where that was a big deal. And if it truly was, there's several ways to fix it. Twist in +6 ED, +4 insight and +4 pally dilly and that's pretty much 60 reflex save right there. Considering U17 setup, you would lose +5 exc. seeker and 3d6 damage for +14 reflex and +8 on other saves. But again, I haven't felt the need to improve my saves - I'm ranged and any dangerous mob goes down first and fast.

Other than that, it's a very nice build, ofc

Thanks for the sentiments and sharing your thoughts.

P.S.: I think you can improve your post-U17 gear setup. Can't tell how exactly, but some items don't seem worth their slot. For example, aren't you better off with +8 str planar focus and any belt in place of girdle? And I see a lot of "so and so" yellow slots...I know planning gear setups is a pain, but you can probably switch some items^^ I'm also a fan of stunning fist, but it's nice to see a pure ranged build too.

I took a long time trying to figure out a good gear setup.. and the ONLY thing that comes close to what I have in terms of benefits in my mind is the sun soul set. The belt slot is tricky because there simply isn't anything good for an AA. Maybe Ravager belt for a weak +10 dmge on crits.
    Concerning the slots, the globe of imperial blood saves a LOT of slots. And then, there isn't much you would want on an AA except max stats, +14 PRR, +35 HP and good luck (which I have 20 min/shrine of clickies). So the rest of the stuff is just to fill those slots really.
    Let me know if you have anything better in mind, I'm not too happy with the belt slot particularly.
    Comments in purple.

OMNIPRESENCE

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast