Arrow The Fall of Truth Epic Elite Raid - Friday - 6PM EST

It's finally time, a new epic elite raid to try out. Sign up here and join me to Conquer the Truthful one and his dragons.

Time:
    Tonight - Friday - 6PM EST (3 PM PST, 11PM UTC)

Flagging:
    Contrary to the release notes it appears you need to complete 4 quests , not just 3:
    Madstone
    Prison
    Cabal
    Gianthold Tor
    Order for the first three shouldn't matter, but thats the order I did following the quest log from Draznok.
    These also need to completed post U17 on Lamannia, previous heroic completions will not work.

I haven't ran tor yet on my bbn, will be doing that shortly.

Note the qa/devs will be around to enable the raid, and may be able to help you in, but historically for 90%+ of lam releases, they could not flag you, only bring up a 1 time window, so please flag correctly to avoid issues.

Requirements to sign up:
    -lvl24+, max lvl destiny
    -Melee/Bow: 700+ hp, decent weaponry for EE
    -Caster: 500+ hp, haste, rage, blur, displace
    -Divine: 500+ hp, prayer, fom, circle against evil,
    reasonable heal spell power (130 + Empower healing, or 200+ without)
    - Art: 500+ hp, deadly weps, enchant wep, Umd44+, Scroll mastery III+
    - Can include reasonable buffs for hp req (yugo potion, rage)

Roster:
    1 - Greataxer (Leader, Tank, DPS)
    2 - Divine
    3 - Divine
    4 - Divine
    5 - Caster
    6 - Bard
    7 - Alt tank melee (1000+ hp)
    8 - Any
    9 - Any
    10 - Any
    11 - Reserved
    12 - Reserved
    Last edited by Shade; 01-18-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Brand new epic raid and so little interest.. I guess DDO really is that dead these days, sad.

Well i'd give up on it and go do some RL stuff except theres a massive snowstorm that shutdown the city, so um lfm going up.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Brand new epic raid and so little interest.. I guess DDO really is that dead these days, sad.

Turbine made the game so simple and easy, there is little reason to play it now.

Community Member stoopid_cowboy's Avatar

I would love to tag along. However, it seems as though the only time slots for Llama dev events are during times when West Coaster's can't come. 3-5pm PST. Really, REALLY???
    Sorry Squeak, at least 404 made an effort to arrange events to try and get a wide player demographic to join...

yuda
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I guess pants can be optional

Community Member

I would have joined...but Wayfinder charakters cant transfer anywhere..not even to Lamannia.
    Orien: Drache-V36, Merkades-V6 , Askasia-Cleric

Oh NO!!

Shade might not get the first CRUSHING completion to the raid.
    It's the end of an era, I tell you.

*Moment of silence*
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

I'd consider bringing my Bard in, but that's my regular Friday session time, and I'd have to transfer her, flag, and slay the huns before I could.
    Anyone who disagrees is a Terrorist...

Cthulhu 2020 Never settle for the lesser evil...

Community Member

Just a thought, but next time, you might want to give people more than 5 hours notice. Assuming most of the US players either work or go to school on a somewhat standard schedule, I doubt that they saw this thread with anywhere near enough time to prepare. I know that I, personally, wouldn't even bother trying to show up to any scheduled raid with so little warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

Well i'd give up on it and go do some RL stuff except theres a massive snowstorm that shutdown the city, so um lfm going up.
    Some people probably would prefer to do it on the live servers or can't be bothered to install Lama.

yea, not interested in spoiling this for myself early.

It was quite fun attempt the one we made...

We gave up on waiting you ingame so we just disbanded Shade and i'd be better take some sleep. I would be happy to try it again whenever you want, if you want to.

Z.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Melicat and I crushed it. Screenshot http://s92.beta.photobucket.com/user...06762.jpg.html. So much better than CITW.
    Last edited by sirgog; 01-18-2013 at 08:09 PM.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Melicat and I crushed it. Screenshot http://s92.beta.photobucket.com/user...06762.jpg.html. So much better than CITW.
    Slept only 5 hours since yesterday ahahah...

Anyway congratulation guys.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Durnak View Post
    yea, not interested in spoiling this for myself early.
    This. I love doing raids in a pug/channel for the first time on live without spoilers

Yea was a fun attempt. Thought we had it then suddenly... round 3 outa no where and takes most of us down.

I like the raids design though.. Flimsy did a decent job on the overall dungeon/boss setup.

I like that it's not just one raid boss, not two, not three.. But eight decently powerful raid bosses, most of them at the same time is pretty cool. Plus you get straight to it without 3 hours of monotonous trash grinding like lolth. There is just enough trash to keep 1 or 2 arcanes busy, which is ideal imo.

The truthful one himself was a bit of a letdown, I and many others told turbine how bad that green dragon AI is, yet that's what they selected for him. He's the easiest really since you can leave him for last, doesn't hit that hard and his only way to rez is the weak crystal. The smaller dragons are the real threat here.

Though the Stormreaver could be tough, hard to tell given his AI was completely broken. Though without some really creative design, it would be hard to make him such due to his overall very slow animations.

And yea not long after I zoned in for our third attempt I lost power for ~30min and called it a night, prolly that snowstorm.

Just can't say I have the same drive to really want to crush this one as I did for all the previous raids. As while this raid seems somewhat fun, the motivation to run it just isn't there with the ultra poor loot design. That and tge overall game itself just seems to have gotten worse.

So yea, perhaps it is an end of an era, it's probably for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    ...So much better than CITW.
    The bars set very low there. How does it compare to a good raid?
    Anyone who disagrees is a Terrorist...

Cthulhu 2020 Never settle for the lesser evil...