Community Member

Default Energy burst: Not recieving caster levels.

My energy burst (cold version) on my water savaunt seems to be capped at 31, and it is not affefted by my cold draconic knowledge (the one that gives you +3 to caster level). Is this happening to anybody else? Caster based Druids who use the draconic tree (cold version) seem to be dishing out more damage that most water savants while in the same tree.

I also found that Draconic Knowledge was not affecting Energy Burst. I don't know if there is a cap at 31, being a wizard makes it more difficult for me to test that high.

I can't speak to what Druids are doing, but I would guess their Freezing Spray (25%) is better than your Awaken Elemental Weakness (15%) for seeing big numbers. It looks like Freezing Spray can't be kept up indefinitely, though, which should put you ahead in the long run.

Community Member

I can't log on atm to check and this screenshot was taken a little while back but it is based on character level not caster level. They may have changed that but when I took the screenshot it said based on caster level before you take it, when you have it, it says character level.

So ... it actually stops going up at level 25, if this hasn't been changed

It says character level but it is in reality not-any-one-particular level. For instance, it at least counts character level + caster level increases via ED innates. If jeffry550's math is correct it also counts the Savant caster level increases, which stands to reason. It inexplicably does not count the Draconic Knowledge caster level increase, which does otherwise stack with the ED innate caster level increase, so...? Bottom line is Energy Burst is weird but awesome, Draconic Knowledge is weird and unimpressive.