Founder

Default Is there an equivalent to the ddo.keymap file on windows?

Per the title, I've been looking for it thinking that maybe I could edit it manually and set permissions so that the game can read but not change it in order to get a work around for the key mappings not being saved between sessions. I installed the game to my Applications folder, and right clicked on the icon in finder, selected "Show package contents" and dug around in there. I opened every .plist file I could find but didn't see anything resembling a keymap. I also looked in my home folder and the ~/.library folder (as they are analogous to the my documents folder where the files are stored in windows) but didn't see anything promising. I'll keep digging but was curious if anyone had found this or is even looking.

Founder

Default Found it!

~\Library\Application Support\com.turbine.dndclient\ddo.keymap

Now to see if I can find a way to make it work!

Founder

After opening the file, I see that my mappings are saved from the last game session.
    Even when logging off and back on, I see that the file is intact with no changes.
    Originally I had thought that the file was not being saved to disk and this was the cause of the lost mapping issue.
    Clearly, however, that's not the case.

My new hypothesis is that that the game is not reading the file correctly on startup.
    Furthermore, I'm thinking it's a bug that an end user (like myself) will not be able to correct by making changes in the OS or filesystem. I say this because I've verified that the "Everyone" group has read access to the file, and no groups/users are specifically denied any access to the file (In fact, I added every user in my computer to the security list and made sure they all had read access - with my personal account and administrator maintaining read & write). I'm thinking there's some bug with reading in the mappings file.

A bit of digging through the open ports and files listed in the activity monitor for DNDClient (and it's two child processes, labeled awesomium) indicates that there's a log file at

~\Library\Caches\com.turbrine.dndclient/Awesomium/awesomium.log

I had hoped to find something useful there, but to my dismay found an empty (0 bytes) log file. Bummer, I was hoping to see something useful like "unable to load ddo.keymap" or something similar to confirm/deny my hypothesis.

Oh well...

Hopefully this info will be useful to whomever is addressing the issue.

Looking forward to the next update of the mac client (and hopefully a resolution to this issue)

Community Member

Any idea if it is possible to copy over a keymap from a pc installation?
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus1000 View Post
    Any idea if it is possible to copy over a keymap from a pc installation?
    The format of the file appears the same, but assume that since mac uses a different keyboard some of your mappings may not work. Not really sure on that, and there's no way to test at the moment because it appears that the mapping file is not being read.

Quote Originally Posted by SenorPhatnutZ View Post
    The format of the file appears the same, but assume that since mac uses a different keyboard some of your mappings may not work. Not really sure on that, and there's no way to test at the moment because it appears that the mapping file is not being read.
    Huge necro. Does key mapping work now? I'm trying to find ddo.keymap on my new mac mini, so I can replace it with the old keymap file from my PC. But, I cannot find it. And I'm loathe to go through and manually set all my key mappings if they're just going to reset after I log out. Anyone done anything with either of these recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Kindoki View Post
    Huge necro. Does key mapping work now? I'm trying to find ddo.keymap on my new mac mini, so I can replace it with the old keymap file from my PC. But, I cannot find it. And I'm loathe to go through and manually set all my key mappings if they're just going to reset after I log out. Anyone done anything with either of these recently?
    Manually set 2 or 3 key mappings, then relog and test. This will tell you whether keymapping works, and it should modify the appropriate file so it can be found via a date/time filter.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Community Member

On my system, where the keymap is definitely working, the file is ~/Library/Application Support/com.turbine.dndclient/ddo.keymap, I can see the changes and they hold. So I'm not sure why yours wouldn't be :/

Although... it occurs to me, that I have my Library folder unhidden, it's hidden by default in Mavericks. Maybe that makes a difference?

Unhiding the Library folder was the difference. Since I'm a Mac newb, I used this: http://www.macworld.com/article/2057...mavericks.html

Found ddo.keymap, swapped it out for my old one from my PC, and everything is both working as I expected and stays put after logging in and out.