Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Any dev response to the keybidding issue? Im gladly test the client, but im refuse to help until this one is fixed. Seriously, if fixing this problem is that hard, when will we get a really working client? Typically Turbine, no fix, no response...

Community Member

Default Accolades for Turbine!

Hi, I just want to say that I just started playing the free version of DDO (on bootcamp) and was frankly bored by Korthos Island. I would probably not have continued playing if I had not seen that there was a Mac beta. I always give second thought to gaming companies that create or port games to Mac OS and I have to say I was impressed by Turbine for making the attempt. I really do not like using windows if I can help it (i.e., gaming) and the chance to play DDO on the mac was, em, inspiring.

I ended up buying TP and upgrading to a Premium account yesterday. Regardless of how well the Mac beta works, I am glad I did (also because the game is growing on me). $20 bucks from me may not justify the time or energy Turbine put into making the Mac port but for me, it's worth every cent.

Community Member

Smile If you have all the "regular live servers" available for Macs, then I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Correct, it's the regular live servers like Cannith, Orien, etc.
    I am now VIP because I believe you. Oh yes! I believe there's regular live severs for Macs coming for you and me. Oh yea. mmmmm.
    Hopefully sooner than later.

I am not clear on the hard drive requirements given in the quote below.
    I'm concerned about how much space it will use on my hard drive.
    Does the following quote mean it will use up 500GB of space on the hard drive? That's a lot of space for one program.
    Or are you just saying that you think the size of the hard drive needs to be at least 500GB?
    If it's not going to be used, then why is it needed?
    And how much space on the hard drive does the DDO Mac Beta Client for Live Servers software take up? Sorry, I'm not clear on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    General Requirements

• Processor: 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor w/3MB on-chip shared L3 cache
    • Note: Power PCs are not supported
    • Memory: 2GB of 1333MHz DDR3 memory
    • Storage: 500GB (7200 rpm) hard drive – or – 256GB flash storage
    • Graphics:
      • Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor with 288MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
      • AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory
      • NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

13-inch MacBook Pro Specifications

• Processor: 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor w/3MB L3 cache
    • Memory: 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 memory
    • Storage: 500GB (5400 rpm) hard drive
    • Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000; NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display Specifications

• Processor: 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor w/6MB shared L3 cache
    • Memory: 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory
    • Storage: 256GB flash storage
    • Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000; NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 512MB of GDDR5 memory

Mac Mini Specifications

• Processor: 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor w/3MB on-chip shared L3 cache
    • Memory: 2GB of 1333MHz DDR3 memory
    • Storage: 500GB flash storage
    • Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor with 288MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory

iMac Specifications

• Processor: 2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with 6MB on-chip shared L3 cache
    • Memory: 4GB (two 2GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 memory
    • Storage: 500GB (7200 rpm) hard drive
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory

Quote Originally Posted by Bundle View Post
    And how much space on the hard drive does the DDO Mac Beta Client for Live Servers software take up? Sorry, I'm not clear on this.
    About 9GB is what mine ended up using.

Quote Originally Posted by Claver View Post
    The game looks beautiful; however, there is a graphics flaw that is a deal breaker for me. Movement is speeding up and slowing down then speeding up then slowing down continuously in one second intervals. There is no break in video frame rate. There is continuity in the visual experience without interruption. Everything in the world seems to move at the same rate too - faster then slower, faster then slower like time was on an undulating ocean. It is very distracting.
    Please disregard this portion of my comments.

Turns out my laptop fan had stopped working (card overheating). Now that I have fixws my fan graphics perform per expectations...aside from the bloom others have mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Cianos_Fanas View Post
    Just loaded it and started playing around. The only things I've noticed so far is the key bindings not sticking and while I'm actually doing the key binding, it eventually gets hung up and I cant click anything at all with the left mouse button. Therefore, I cant select anything, close panels etc. I have to relog in order for the left mouse to work again and that causes me to have to start mapping keys all over again and it hangs up...again. It will be nice eventually but not playable for me atm.
    I have the same problem....the inability to "click anything at all with the left mouse button" seemed worse when I was in a full party. A major problem as I was trying to set my keys to "push to talk".

EDIT: I find if I click the button I want to use twice during key mapping it will set. The first click won't register. Of course, if I am in a party or have toggled out oF DDO into an internet browser then the game becomes very unstable and making UI changes become too frustrating. Best to load the game and reset all key mapping before interacting with others AND never minimize the screen for another application.

- For what its worth to Turbine, Mac Client consumes CONSIDERABLY less battery power than running the game via bootcamp in Windows XP. Since I only play on laptop, particularly during business travel, this makes the MAc Client much more attractive.

- The total time to run the mac client then transition into having a character online timed at 6 minutes this morning (loading all 10 splash screens in English, French and German EVERYTIME, reaching character selection screen, then loading into the world). My perception has been that the Mac Client takes noticably longer to get me online. There will be several lines of guild chat directed towards me before I can read and respond.
    Last edited by Claver; 02-04-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Ran Necromancer's Lair (last Delera's Quest) on highest graphics setting:

- Ghouls have a green rectangle about them as though engulfed by a gelatinous cube

- Dart traps produce a pulsing glowing laser beam like line of light persisting in the air.

- The game is incredibly dark. I could barely see the pressure plates on the floor needed to open the two doors. Adjustments to gamma, contras, etc. don't seem to help. The overall darkness of the game is a distraction in all environments including towns and wilderness areas.

EDIT: The graphic performance is fantastic but ONLY on SOLO play. Performance on the highest graphics setting shuttered, flickered and became laggy in a party of a total of 3 with hirelings and pets. I switched into bootcamp and rejoined the same party via the windows client and everything worked fine. I had also had poor performance adjusting my settings when in a party of 6 while they were in a dungeon and I was still in town. My working theory is the Mac client doesnt play well with others.
    Last edited by Claver; 02-06-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Founder

Default Can't log in

The DNDLauncher downloads screens then go into an error cycle trying to download additional content and retrying forever. I can no longer play on my Mac. Any suggestions?

I should mention that the client ran fine for a couple months prior to this.
    Last edited by mweingar; 03-04-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Default My DDO

I was trying to log into My DDO for the game lottery but I get an error messsage which reads

"The blog you have requested is not installed properly. Please contact the system administer"

Anyone know why this might not be working for me?

Has anyone been able to log into My DDO with the Mac beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Claver View Post
    Ran Necromancer's Lair (last Delera's Quest) on highest graphics setting:

- Ghouls have a green rectangle about them as though engulfed by a gelatinous cube

- Dart traps produce a pulsing glowing laser beam like line of light persisting in the air.

- The game is incredibly dark. I could barely see the pressure plates on the floor needed to open the two doors. Adjustments to gamma, contras, etc. don't seem to help. The overall darkness of the game is a distraction in all environments including towns and wilderness areas.

EDIT: The graphic performance is fantastic but ONLY on SOLO play. Performance on the highest graphics setting shuttered, flickered and became laggy in a party of a total of 3 with hirelings and pets. I switched into bootcamp and rejoined the same party via the windows client and everything worked fine. I had also had poor performance adjusting my settings when in a party of 6 while they were in a dungeon and I was still in town. My working theory is the Mac client doesnt play well with others.
    I'm seeing similar visual artifacts. As well, the entire area i'm in will go completely black unless I go farther in, or turn. This can be somewhat harrowing when dealing with traps or active enemies.

Performance in a party however has been fine for me. And the client is still working correctly outside of those bugs.
    "Sorry Elminster, it was really dark, and I'd drank a LOT of coffee..."

Community Member

Default Post U17

After a massive update ( :-) ) it seems the keybinding issue is finally fixed, which is great! Either that or all DDO Mac clients are now using Numpad 0 for target and Numpad 1 for fire runearm!

The graphical "not rendering the path ahead" issue is still here, but much reduced. I only got it briefly (near the end) of Slavers of the Screaming Mines. Didn't get it at all in any of the L11 Jorasco quests, which is great for me. Haven't been able to go back and check the others where this was a real issue as I only really play with one character. I do play with everything turned right down though (except distances which are always on Max!)

So some good, some great, and a little bad. Thanks for working on the client :-)

Here's hoping Patch 1 fixes the last of the glitches.

Default Menace of the Underdark

I`ve been playing the mac beta without many problems since December.

I wanted to get the Menace of the Underdark expansion set. But it`s a digital download. Will it be compatible with the Mac beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Pomius View Post

I wanted to get the Menace of the Underdark expansion set. But it`s a digital download. Will it be compatible with the Mac beta?
    Yes. It even seams to run better than most content. With less graphic glitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomius View Post

Yes, you'll be fine. When you buy the expansion, it behaves like an in game purchase and allows you access to areas that you would otherwise be blocked from. Think of it as a big Adventure pack.

I use both Mac and PC client with no issues between the two in regards to accessing owned content.
    Proud Officer and Member of the Exploration Society Thelanis Server
    "Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV." Morty
    *Dunkurk Qirva Donnar Zoraida Dolvar Zorg Salii Smally Kungfugee Kruknud Smully Warfrog*

Community Member

Default Just tested mac client on new 15'' retina MBP, Mountain Lion 10.8.3

First of all thank you Devs for working on this.

Downloaded and updated fine. Launched fine.

Played fine, solo and group (about 2 hours gameplay).

Graphics at ultra high does not look as good as it should due to, I'm guessing, incompatibility with full retina resolution.

So all is good, and very playable, except for 2 BIG issues

1. Floating damage numbers does not display correctly - only shows single digit, even though it seems correct in combat log - this ti me is a game breaker.

2. Cannot adjust brightness/gamma/contrast - so the game seems awfully dark in dungeons - also a game breaker.

Has anyone figured out how to correct the above two issues? Or is it something we have to live with??

Community Member

Default Brightness

A temporary fix for the brightness issue is to create a custom OSX color profile for DDO (System Preferences - Display), turn on the advanced options and adjust the gamma (downward).

Community Member

Default Rainbows

Also, I can't seem to get rid of the rainbow artifacts regardless of what options I toggle on/off.

Community Member

Thank you for the brightness tip

I have however, and I bow my head in shame installed win 7 via bootcamp on my shiny new retina MBP JUST, and I mean JUST, for DDO!

Yes devs, this is how much I like this game!

PLEASE fix these niggling issues on the mac client so I can get rid of this abomination they call windows 7!

Downloading the client for my Mac Pro now, the ability to run native on the mac and not use bootcamp will rock.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Yew says, "Don't worry, I have a plan."

Default Thank you!

I've been without DDO for a few months as my virtual machine crashed after upgrading to windows 8. I was about to post in the suggestions forum asking when we would be expecting this, and lo and behold Google found this. THANK YOU! Using an external hard drive to run Windows on a Mac slows everything down significantly, and I am very much looking forward to playing DDO again without worrying about the external hard drive disconnecting. Did I say thank you? THANK YOU!

Finishing the download now, and I can't wait to play after my classes tomorrow. I might be able to TR before my summer job starts. So much feels.

-PaxsMickey

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast