Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Mac ninja

Ok, I know next to nothing about Macs. But I have to say that Katie Seaglenn sounds like a total genius. OMG smart are very sexy! Katie, please don't be offended but I now have a crush on you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Durten View Post
    Ok, I know next to nothing about Macs. But I have to say that Katie Seaglenn sounds like a total genius. OMG smart are very sexy! Katie, please don't be offended but I now have a crush on you.
    I originally set up this account for my daughter. Katie Seaglen was her Wizard101 name so it seemed like a good choice. She lost interest quickly, but of course I got hooked. So thanks for the compliments but unless I lose a few pounds, grow younger, and change gender, you probably won't be as interested :-)

P.S. I really wish it were possible to change forum names.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    I originally set up this account for my daughter. Katie Seaglen was her Wizard101 name so it seemed like a good choice. She lost interest quickly, but of course I got hooked. So thanks for the compliments but unless I lose a few pounds, grow younger, and change gender, you probably won't be as interested :-)

P.S. I really wish it were possible to change forum names.
    I wish the forums had a like button, because this is one of the best things I've ever read on the internet. Ever.

Community Member

Yay, this will be an interesting thing to test out. Currently I've been running on Mac Mini set-up except with 8GB ram and using VMWare WinXp as the OS, which I've been content with.

Community Member

Right now the inability to save the keyboard layout is a game breaker for me.

Any idea when we can see a fix for this?
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus1000 View Post
    Right now the inability to save the keyboard layout is a game breaker for me.

Any idea when we can see a fix for this?
    same! Hoping it's fixed in the next client update.

This is huge! I never play DDO because of always having to log into Win, but now, now. Yay!

Good decision guys! Totally stoked!
    Kiques (Wiz) and Kicks (Rogue) - Orien

Exclamation

On Mac OS 10.8.2 I am getting a message telling me that the app is damaged and should be deleted. But it appears to be related to the Gatekeeper settings again. The app still isn't signed right. To use it on Mac OS 10.8, open the System Preferences, go to the Security panel, unlock the padlock at the bottom-left, and allow your Mac to run apps from anywhere. After you have run the launcher, you can restore the security settings.
    You don't have to go into Preferences. Just hold down Control and click on the app icon, choose Open from the menu and that'll give you the option to bypass Gatekeeper for a single app without asking you again.

Oh and THANK YOU for the Mac client Turbine! Just found out about it today and it makes a great xmas present
    Last edited by PwnHammer40K; 12-25-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Community Member

Default Keyboard, graphics glitches

Loving the Mac client - now I don't need to load a Parallels W7 image to play every week!

However...

As others have said there are a few bugs. I don't mind some "blooming" and halo effect glitches, but not having parts of the dungeon render at all, leaving a solid coloured wall you can't see through, is a pain. Imagine doing Rainbow in the Dark with no light and that is what it looks like. Once you pass through the wall, things render again until the next time however by then you might have dropped off a cliff or been mobbed by wights. Not to mention that you can't always guess where the trap box is if you need to disable one that is in the unrendered mess!

Also, if key bindings could be saved that would stop me having to spend ten minutes every login! It seems the keymap isn't being read, so this looks programmatical rather than machine based.

Can't change screen res - not a problem as I run in fullscreen anyway but sometimes would be nice if I have a map up behind the game so I can see both!

Looking forward to updates!

hardware:
    MBP Late 2012, 1680x1050 1GB VRAM 16GB RAM.

Unable to log on my char. Client crashes after char selection. Was working until a hour ago

Community Member

I am unable to rotate the camera while pressing the scroll wheel button. This prevents me from previewing and buying armor kits for example.

I am also seeing the sectional clipping seen by others. I have to occasionally run through solid colored walls into the next area. This happened a ton in Tear of Dhakan.

I have been using the second beta client exclusively since it was released. It is quite far along, but it needs some more love. I don't remap keys myself, but I could see that being a deal breaker for those that do.

Edit: I just remembered one other little problem. The client is not listening for new audio devices becoming available. If you plug in a headset after starting the client, it will not add it to the list of available devices. You have to quit and restart the client to have the device recognized.
    Last edited by Katie_Seaglen; 12-27-2012 at 01:57 AM.

When selecting any char the client crashes while loading the game world.
    My guild sees my chars coming online, so it seems to be client related.
    Problem startet after a disconnect during a quest.
    Tried a couple of times in the last 8 hours. Currently the game is unplayable due this bug.

Smile Woot

Just finished installing. Working flawlessly so far, despite the obvious Windows-referencing relics left behind in the UI (like the "DirectX 9" option.)

Going up to 60 FPS at 1920x1080 on Late-2011 13" MacBook Pro (with the Intel 3000, no discrete GPU.)

THANK YOU SO MUCH Tubrine! /luv

Quote Originally Posted by Codebaker View Post
    When selecting any char the client crashes while loading the game world.
    My guild sees my chars coming online, so it seems to be client related.
    Problem startet after a disconnect during a quest.
    Tried a couple of times in the last 8 hours. Currently the game is unplayable due this bug.
    sounds like it's something in the graphics, which you should be able to change before selecting your character. Change your graphics settings to their lowest possible from the character select screen and then try logging in from there.
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

Not bad so far, bring it home!

Default Early 2009 17" MacBook Pro

Thank You!

I'm running on an early 2009 17" MacBook Pro...2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Dup, 4 GB 1067 DDR3... NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB... OS C10.8.2 Mountain Lion...L2 Cache: 6 MB

So far I'm seeing pretty much what Katie_Seaglen posted above.
    So it really does work great -just to get that out of the way. But having tested it more thoroughly, here are some of the things that are still going a bit haywire:

1) Typing in various fields will get disabled sometimes. .....

3) I saw a few flickering tiles here and there, but nothing that distracting.
    <Also openings in VON3 were just blank white until I stepped through. EEEK>

5) I can't change the brightness, contrast or gamma. This is an important area for improvement -the game is kind of dark by default and I would like to brighten it up, otherwise I may keep falling into pits of spikes (thanks for letting me know DM).
    <Yes, it's very dark. I fell in a lot of holes, got stuck in corners, even more than usual ;-) >

7) I mentioned earlier that the control key does not work. That only seems to be in conjunction with the trackpad. It works when clicking the mouse. There is a work-around for the track pad (two finger click) so this is not a big deal.
    <I didn't try the touch pad yet. The "extra" keys on my A4Tech mouse don't work. I tried installing USB overdrive to no avail. So this is likely a mouse driver problem not a DDO problem>

Love it. Keep up the good work..

I'm also having sound problems. DDO won't recognize my headset/mic combo, only the built in sound.

I'm so happy! I actually am Really looking forward to reformatting my hard drive with a much smaller Boot Camp partition.

Community Member

Default corrupted download

I have downloaded this beta for mac 4x now and it is corrupted. Do you have another link for download ? I'm usingMac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63) so have plenty of room and plenty of ram ..... ideas welcome.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi3 View Post
    I have downloaded this beta for mac 4x now and it is corrupted. Do you have another link for download ? I'm usingMac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63) so have plenty of room and plenty of ram ..... ideas welcome.
    There are some tips that helped people in this thread I think. Make sure you are using Safari, or the tool someone else recommended earlier. If you turned gatekeeper on in your security prefs that will make the app appear corrupt in 10.7. Gatekeeper is present but disabled by default in 10.7 so that normally wouldn't be the problem.

Is it the dmg or the app that you are having trouble with?

Default Thank You!

Thanks a million!! You guys have done such an amazing job making an incredible game, and I'm super pumped to natively play it on my Macbook.

Community Member

Default still trying Mac

There are some tips that helped people in this thread I think. Make sure you are using Safari, or the tool someone else recommended earlier. If you turned gatekeeper on in your security prefs that will make the app appear corrupt in 10.7. Gatekeeper is present but disabled by default in 10.7 so that normally wouldn't be the problem.

Is it the dmg or the app that you are having trouble with?
    I am having trouble with the *dmg. I am using 10.7, and gatekeeper is disabled, but still no luck with the downloads :/ the last time I canceled the verify download and it got me further, but it would not load after 1 screen showed up.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast