Default While G is down let's talk about seals and shards

We have been running multiple "sentinel chain" quest since 2 days and the scroll counts is way above average, from memory 2 midnights greetings, 6-7 chimera fang, 4-5 chimera crown, 1 "monk bracer ones", 1 winters wrath and maybe 1-2 more.

NO SHARDS... NO SEALS!

Any modification they made or known bug?

X DDO QUÉBEC X

I ran the chain about 3 months ago and noticed the scroll drop rate was very high. So I don't think that part has changed.

Seal and Shard rate always seemed to drop at least one shard and one seal in a 6 person party. ( Seals in BOB, Shard in Sentinels tower)

Took forever to get the midnight greetings. At least they changed the mechanic so you can run it more than once a day

well.. back when they changed epic difficulties they did increase scroll drop rates and shards/seals got lowerd but i think your just unlucky
    Elemo - Patorikku - Happyfruit - Wookiee ~Ghallanda~

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post
    I ran the chain about 3 months ago and noticed the scroll drop rate was very high. So I don't think that part has changed.
    They tinkered with the drop rates... and it is more random...

In our regular guild raids ( EH VON5 ) we have seen between 0 and 18 scrolls drop...
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

It's a good thing and totally reasonable that you cannot get all the epic items from sentinels within 2 days. Otherwise you would just get them, move on to the next chain and had all the items you want within a month or two. I've been running the chain for a year now and only have 1 or 2 items complete. With the removal of the timer, I assume that they have also lowered the seal/shard drop rates so that power-gamers cannot farm this quests and get all the items they want within a few hours. Yet they should add some mechanic where you eventually get something after xx completions, because the drop-rate in sentinels is really very low by all standards and already notorious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    People are absolutely working on it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbelbo View Post
    It's a good thing and totally reasonable that you cannot get all the epic items from sentinels within 2 days. Otherwise you would just get them, move on to the next chain and had all the items you want within a month or two. I've been running the chain for a year now and only have 1 or 2 items complete. With the removal of the timer, I assume that they have also lowered the seal/shard drop rates so that power-gamers cannot farm this quests and get all the items they want within a few hours. Yet they should add some mechanic where you eventually get something after xx completions, because the drop-rate in sentinels is really very low by all standards and already notorious.
    Except now you usually ignore old epics, because most of epic loot is worse than random generated or easy to get motu named items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

yup, same here. Scrolls for me have been hit or miss, meaning I'll either see 0 - 2 scrolls or I'll see up to 5 - 6 per run, running solo.?.

Seals seem way down though. Been ransacking BoB for the D Heavy Chain and not finding ANY Seals. Shards are about the same way, 1 shard per ransack of Tides.

I agree that it shouldn't be "easy" to get these mats but this seems exceptionally hard, particularly the Seals.