Default overzelous censorship - and infractions.

Firstly im going to state I dont like censorship, but I do recognise these forums are censored and I try to abide by the rules layed out atleast most of the time.

Recently I had some posts deleted, Its not something that happens frequently to me - generaly I speak my mind, and I may vehemently disagree with some one and respond strongly but Im not a potty mouth and I TRY to avoid direct name calling - I admit I dont always succeed on the diplomacy check

After getting posts deleted I examined the forum rules...

Ok fair enough. I think my posts did violate some of the rules - but they are rather vague to say the least. I will hold my hand up and say I put in a link to an external website(youtube clip relevant to argument) which is breaking the rules... but we see that all the time on the forums?

Any ways on to my questions:
    1. If you get banned from the forums do you get banned from the game?
    2. How do you check to see if you have received infractions?
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

I do believe the 10 infraction points rules still are in play if you get 10 of them even if some are expired you can be both banned from the forums and in turn the game (though I could be wrong with that there was a big ole backlash about the rule specially the way it was implemented).

Second question hit user Cp scroll down it should be under any threads you are subscribed to under latest infractions received..and um don't ask me how I know this I've just been here a long time..yeah thats it..
    Lost Legions Officer and Resident Diva! *Welp now I'm a Twitch Streamer* Follow me on Twitter @Kalarigamerchic

Quote Originally Posted by bigolbear View Post
    Any ways on to my questions:
    1. If you get banned from the forums do you get banned from the game?
    2. How do you check to see if you have received infractions?
    1. It depends on how bad your post is, I believe.

2. Go into your "User CP", there is a link near the top of the forums here.
    On my screen, which I really haven't mucked with, there is a "Latest Infractions Received" just above the "Latest Reputation Received" section.

Thanks both of you, It seems that section is missing from my user CP.. so im guessing I wasnt deemed to be that naughty good good.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

Thanks both of you, It seems that section is missing from my user CP.. so im guessing I wasnt deemed to be that naughty good good.
    If you don't have the section you never received any infraction of any kind.
    You will see the section as soon as you receive a Warning. ( or any other more serious infraction. )

Posts can be deleted without any infractions being received.
    You will be forum banned if you are banned from the game but the reverse is not true, you can be forum banned and still be able to play the game with that account.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Hypothetical question regarding:
    Infraction points are both permanent and cumulative, although many infractions will automatically expire from “Active” status. The number of infraction points issued may vary according to the severity of the incident. Please note: Warnings are not counted against your maximum infraction limit.

Temporary and permanent bans will be automatically issued by the Infraction system when your account reaches the following thresholds:

10 Active points: 1 day
    15 Active points: 3 days
    20 Active points: Permanent
    A total of 2 infractions* (Free accounts): Permanent
    A total of 10 infractions* (Premium or VIP accounts): Permanent

The Community Team reserves the right to assign temporary and permanent bans at will based upon the severity of an infraction.

* Automatic bans based on the number of infractions take all infractions into account, regardless of their Active or Expired status. If an account was above the limit when this change was implemented (August 2010) it will be banned if any further infractions are issued against it.
    Lets say you are a VIP that has 9 'infractions' but none of these have been deemed to be worth any 'points' and all have a 0 in the points box or whatever. The next 'infraction' they get, points or no, is a perma-ban? Or are 0 point infractions 'Warnings'?

Quote Originally Posted by DocBenway View Post
    Hypothetical question regarding:

Lets say you are a VIP that has 9 'infractions' but none of these have been deemed to be worth any 'points' and all have a 0 in the points box or whatever. The next 'infraction' they get, points or no, is a perma-ban? Or are 0 point infractions 'Warnings'?
    Under the current rules (and the rules have been retroactively changed in the past), 0 points are warnings and don't hurt you, infractions carry points and count towards the 10. Be aware however that even EXPIRED infactions still count against you.

If your posts were quoting and replying to posts that were removed due to infractions, then yours will be removed as well, without you receiving infractions of your own.

A thread cleanup could easily result in your posts going missing, even if they didn't directly violate the rules.

Cubethulu eats everything between it and the offensive post. Cause that's what cubes do.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

yup. if you respond to someone else who was REALLY breaking the rules, you don't nessesarily have to break the rules yourself for your post to go away. and you might have broken the rules a little, but it kinda gets glossed over in a thread cleanup.

happens all the time

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD