Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default So fix the spellpower bug already?

Been a few months, this bug is deadly. Its killed me more than lag lately. Its not just clickies that set it off either, anyone using any kind of healing aura its pretty obvious when it happens, substantially lower healing.

On my heal amp characters when this bug affects a healing spell im casting it lowers the amount it heals by something like 75% due to the multiplicative affect amp has on the base heal, its death, period.

In groups its even worse because at least when self healing you can control the bug a little by trying to swing weapon before casting after taking any other action, when grouped its hard enough for a cleric to watch all the bars, impossible to see who has taken the neccessary actions to stop this bug befor you spend mana on healing them.

This not being an enormous priority to fix really shows how little you know your own game.

This bug got me killed about 3 times yesterday, and i wasted a couple hours of play time, why?

Just a point, if you see the game as a chore you have to go through to get to point X (whatever that may be), you ARE wasting youre time. Its just a game, your time is wasted no more or less if it goes poorly or well.

Community Member

Default counter point

counterpoint, the game isnt a chore, this bug is gamebreaking.

Lets say you like to walk in park, and for some reason people start randomly punching other people in the face. After getting punched in the face a few times you might avoid the parks, not because you dislike the parks, but because getting punched in the face just doesnt seem like it should be something you have to put up with to enjoy the parks.

Now what would be the fitting response by the city? ignore it? tell people that getting punched is now part of the "park experience" or cracking down on the people doing the punchin?

Edit:

Quote: you ARE wasting youre time. Its just a game, your time is wasted no more or less if it goes poorly or well.

Response: BS, the quality of the free time you have may very well be the most important thing in life, Im certainly not defined by what i do for a job, thats what i must do to survive and provide for my family. Wether it be taking your kids to a park and expecting to have a good time and not get punched in the face or playing an mmo and expecting to not have bad long overdue to be fixed bugs hurt your experience, i expect quality in life.
    Last edited by 01000010; 11-04-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Is this, perchance, what's happening when I see my hitpoint bar sort of flash from full to empty then to full again? It happens sometimes in quests now, and somewhat often in public areas. I can't establish the pattern, so I have yet to be able to properly bug-report the phenomena.
    .:.
    (¯`·._.·[ The Truth of the Draconic Prophecy will be revealed in time. ]·._.·´¯)

Community Member

Default nah

thats a different bug i imagine, likely lag related but im not sure. This one is well documented, devastating, and has been in game a while.

Its most obvious if you have heal amp or very high spell power, mainly high lvl players notice it i imagine, but it kills at all levels, just not so obvious when a low lvl heal loses it meager spellpower.

Community Member

To be specific, for those of you who are curious:
    Taking actions such as: quaffing, clickying, swapping weapon sets, etc., will cancel the effects of healing spellpower on all heals aimed at you. This penalty is only reversed when you swing your weapon.
    Given that your friendly neighborhood healer likely has in the area of 300+ spellpower, minimum, you're getting healed for less than 1/4th of what you normally would be.
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Well the lamania release notes have this line.

Items

NEW - Drinking a potion will no longer cause the heal abilities on the player to ignore the healer's spellpower.
    So maybe we'll see a fix on the 12th?

Community Member

Default The scary part

The scary part is they specifically said "drinking potions" as if thats the only thing triggering the bug, i have my doubts itll be fixed to put it lightly.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Didn't find it yet.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Member AestorTheKnight's Avatar

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Cendaer View Post
    Is this, perchance, what's happening when I see my hitpoint bar sort of flash from full to empty then to full again? It happens sometimes in quests now, and somewhat often in public areas. I can't establish the pattern, so I have yet to be able to properly bug-report the phenomena.
    .:.
    You might be describing a graphical glitch currently occurring that causes the red Health bar to partially grey out every time Voice Chat is activated.

If you are speaking into your Microphone. look to see if your Health bar greys out while your speaking.

If your not using a Microphone, you may have "Hands Free Voice" enabled, and sub-audible system noise (or something) is causing the DDO client to think that a microphone is being activated, thus causing the Health Bar grey out bug. Try unchecking "Hands Free Voice" in the Audio Options, that might stop the bug.

Either way there is currently a bug in DDO that causes the Health bar to partially grey out when Outgoing Voice Chat is activated. This bug is however completely unrelated to the Healing Spell Power bug.
    Last edited by AestorTheKnight; 11-05-2012 at 08:40 AM.
    So in everything, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Cannith: Arqa - Celduin - Gnossos - and others.

Default Paladin Lay On Hands...

It either works as described or heals for 1 point....

No "in between"

It's not just about Spell Power items not working. With or without a Potency (Sora Katra effect) or Devotion item LoH will hit for 1 or 100ish (at level 9 paladin)

Community Member

The lay hands bug has killed me a few times also..really annoying.

Default counter counter point

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post

Lets say you like to walk in park, and for some reason people start randomly punching other people in the face. After getting punched in the face a few times you might avoid the parks, not because you dislike the parks, but because getting punched in the face just doesnt seem like it should be something you have to put up with to enjoy the parks.

Now what would be the fitting response by the city? ignore it? tell people that getting punched is now part of the "park experience" or cracking down on the people doing the punchin?

Edit:

Quote: you ARE wasting youre time. Its just a game, your time is wasted no more or less if it goes poorly or well.

Response: BS, the quality of the free time you have may very well be the most important thing in life, Im certainly not defined by what i do for a job, thats what i must do to survive and provide for my family. Wether it be taking your kids to a park and expecting to have a good time and not get punched in the face or playing an mmo and expecting to not have bad long overdue to be fixed bugs hurt your experience, i expect quality in life.
    Ive experienced that bug, its not hurting my experience, i just live with it. Most people cant, i know. But the wasting of time part is not BS, playing the game IS wasting time, youre not exactly doing anything useful in game, youre just killing time by doing something that does not even seem to be fun for you at the moment. But by definition playing a MMO is wasting time.

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Ive experienced that bug, its not hurting my experience, i just live with it. Most people cant, i know. But the wasting of time part is not BS, playing the game IS wasting time, youre not exactly doing anything useful in game, youre just killing time by doing something that does not even seem to be fun for you at the moment. But by definition playing a MMO is wasting time.
    No bud. You see it as wasting time. I see it as spending time. There is a difference. When I actively choose to sit down and play DDO for a couple of hours, i'm choosing how to spend my limited free time. This means that I enjoy the game enough to want to do this over something else, like hiking, playing with my dogs, or working in my shop.

Any activity, with the exception of life sustaining activities (eating, sleeping, drinking, breathing, etc) can be considered a waste of time, included but not limited to things you might find productive such as working, fixing your house, spending time with loved ones. It's all perspective. I'm not saying one way or the other, but you cannot simply say that because someone plays an MMO that they are wasting their time, unless you also say that they're wasting their time when they spend the day in the garden, or take their wife out to a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadran View Post
    No bud. You see it as wasting time. I see it as spending time. There is a difference. When I actively choose to sit down and play DDO for a couple of hours, i'm choosing how to spend my limited free time. This means that I enjoy the game enough to want to do this over something else, like hiking, playing with my dogs, or working in my shop.

Any activity, with the exception of life sustaining activities (eating, sleeping, drinking, breathing, etc) can be considered a waste of time, included but not limited to things you might find productive such as working, fixing your house, spending time with loved ones. It's all perspective. I'm not saying one way or the other, but you cannot simply say that because someone plays an MMO that they are wasting their time, unless you also say that they're wasting their time when they spend the day in the garden, or take their wife out to a movie.
    The time spent on something that does not exist in the real world is wasting time, it may be fun, but its wasting time none the less. I enjoy the game, but dont consider it time wisely or well spent

Community Member

The time spent on something that does not exist in the real world is wasting time,
    /nitpick
    Time spent in game, is time spent on my pc, which most certainly exists.

The time spent on something that does not exist in the real world is wasting time, it may be fun, but its wasting time none the less. I enjoy the game, but dont consider it time wisely or well spent
    So things like religion, meditation, and theories of all kinds are all wastes of time, because they do not exist in the real world?

Like I said, don't tell me what a waste of time is. That is for every individual to decide for themselves.

Community Member

What you may or may not consider to be a waste of time has no bearing on the subject of this thread.

AJ

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by sandypaws View Post
    To be specific, for those of you who are curious:
    Taking actions such as: quaffing, clickying, swapping weapon sets, etc., will cancel the effects of healing spellpower on all heals aimed at you. This penalty is only reversed when you swing your weapon.
    Given that your friendly neighborhood healer likely has in the area of 300+ spellpower, minimum, you're getting healed for less than 1/4th of what you normally would be.
    I've seen this bug affecting repair spells as well. Tested it with a friend, it doesn't appear to matter WHO swings their weapon, as long as either the caster OR recipient swings their weapon the bug is "fixed". Spellpower affected repairs I cast on him after shooting my crossbow, w/o my friend taking any action of any sort once we triggered the bug in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by AestorTheKnight View Post
    You might be describing a graphical glitch currently occurring that causes the red Health bar to partially grey out every time Voice Chat is activated.

If you are speaking into your Microphone. look to see if your Health bar greys out while your speaking.

If your not using a Microphone, you may have "Hands Free Voice" enabled, and sub-audible system noise (or something) is causing the DDO client to think that a microphone is being activated, thus causing the Health Bar grey out bug. Try unchecking "Hands Free Voice" in the Audio Options, that might stop the bug.

Either way there is currently a bug in DDO that causes the Health bar to partially grey out when Outgoing Voice Chat is activated. This bug is however completely unrelated to the Healing Spell Power bug.
    I know this is off topic, but have to chime in here: Hands free is a blight, and needs to be REMOVED from the game!!

OK...perspective...

I have a full time job.
    I am going to school full time.
    I work 3rd shift.
    My wife works first shift.
    I love my wife and spend time with her we I can.
    I make $100k a year.
    I have a track car and a motorcycle.
    I like using my "toys".
    I like playing DDO.
    I have very little free time.
    If I choose to play DDO because I only have 45 minutes to do something...I want to get something "accomplished".

Free time.
    Money.

Guess which one I have plenty of.
    Guess which one I can earn more of.
    Guess which one is more valuable to me.

How I spend my free time is the most valuable thing to me.
    When I get an hour here/there to play some DDO...I would like to have fun. If a stupid bug causes me to feel like I wasted my time...I will quit playing this game. I will play something different or get out to the track or take the motorcycle out more.

I stopped back in June and came back about a week ago because...of bugs that made the game feel unplayable to me.

Back when I was single...not in school...only worked 2 days a week (granted it was 16 hour shifts)...
    I did not mind these game-breaking bugs as much back then.
    My free time was not as valuable back then as it is now.

If Turbine does not fix the bugs...I may leave again...I may not come back...or maybe I will. But as a company, they can choose to cater to any demographic they want (children with all the cutesy pets)...
    But all demographics want a quality product.
    All demographics want a safe product (cough...Offerwall...cough).
    All demographics want a stable product (lag killing you or crashing your computer...is a no no).

The original poster's complaint is a valid complaint.

+1 BTW for hopefully getting some DEVS eyes on it.

And to the DEVS...overall they do a great job...and for every mole they whack...another seems to jump up to take its place. But they keep at it.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast