Default Gamersaurs Digital Magazine

Hello Folks couple weeks back I announced that I would be doing press stuff to get the word out for DDO, LOTRO and other Turbine games well things happen and there was a slight change up. But several artists and I are back in a new digital magazine and I will be keeping my promise to keep DDO news in the know along with many other relevant gaming articles.

We are Gamersaurs http://www.gamersaurs.com/Kooky name but great site we will be featuring games, communities and general geeky things in a positive light. We are a group tired of the news only portraying the down sides of gaming such as mass killers who happen to game, to those who only see gamers as slackers who need more sun. We know that gaming has helped raise money for good causes, and even the military uses gaming in therapeutic practices now.

So if you are interested in checking out our inagural launch click Here

You can check out my announcement of Mabar (didn't get to update it yet though) here as well:

Dungeons and Dragons online Mabar event

I will also be hosting a Podcast with several members of the Saurs crew so be on the look out for great interviews with all walks of the gaming world. And if you have an event to promote let me know and we will spread the word!
    Lost Legions Officer and Resident Diva! *Welp now I'm a Twitch Streamer* Follow me on Twitter @Kalarigamerchic

Hmmmm... I don't think I get Gamer Sores. I have a buddy that has blisters on his thumbs, though. I think it's from playing X-box religiously.

Clicked the website and I couldn't find a way to remove that Cookie Bar at the top, that says it would like to use Cookies. I didn't want to say yes, but there was no 'no' option. So now I have to see this stupid bar at the top while I visit that website. So I will just avoid it completely now, and recommend others to avoid it also.

This web site would like to use cookies to store information on your computer, to improve our website. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set.
    It says would like, but has no way to deny it. Just has a checkbox for "I accept" and a "Continue" button. Plus you have to register an account to leave comments. Stupid BIG yellow bar.
    Last edited by Musouka; 10-25-2012 at 05:39 PM.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    Hmmmm... I don't think I get Gamer Sores. I have a buddy that has blisters on his thumbs, though. I think it's from playing X-box religiously.

Clicked the website and I couldn't find a way to remove that Cookie Bar at the top, that says it would like to use Cookies. I didn't want to say yes, but there was no 'no' option. So now I have to see this stupid bar at the top while I visit that website. So I will just avoid it completely now, and recommend others to avoid it also.
    lol thanks for the smile and sorry about that the magazine is based in the U.K so they have some rules about asking people to accept cookies. It is not a malware thing its just good ole politeness I hope its not a big issue for people but i'll understand if it is.
    Lost Legions Officer and Resident Diva! *Welp now I'm a Twitch Streamer* Follow me on Twitter @Kalarigamerchic

Quote Originally Posted by Kalari View Post
    lol thanks for the smile and sorry about that the magazine is based in the U.K so they have some rules about asking people to accept cookies. It is not a malware thing its just good ole politeness I hope its not a big issue for people but i'll understand if it is.
    Sounds like a communist election. You can vote for Candidate A, or Candidate B. A is a Party Member, B is a Party Member. They are childhood friends. They live in same house. If you vote for A, B will be Vice President. If you vote for B, A will be Vice President.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

I checked out the site, saw the big yellow bar mentioned by the previous poster, then immediately closed the window. I don't mean that to sound offensive, but I avoid anything with pop ups, or "accept" windows as a security precaution. There may not be much you can do about it, but it is a severe turnoff regardless.

I will let my bosses know to see what they can do. Unfortunately its a protocol for the UK when we were running End gamers it was the same way dunno if its a law over there or not but I will let them know whats going on and how its affecting people. I still plan on highlighting ddo and lotro via this magazine its a great outlet for it.

I also encountered the Yellow Bar of Doom, which I ignored but it was kind of off-putting having that at the top of every page.

I understand if it's a requirement that the site has to ask, rather than just dumping cookies on you regardless, but there really should be an option to decline them. 'Asking' without giving an option to say no isn't really asking at all, it's just telling you that they'll put cookies on your PC.

I will still keep an eye on the site for things of interest, at least until the bar bugs me so much that I stop visiting, but I'm not saying yes to the cookies. Please do let those in charge know that they're likely to lose quite a lot of potential visitors if they don't provide an opportunity to decline - there shouldn't be anything on a site like that which absolutely requires cookies, so there should be no reason to enforce them.
    Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Then I thought about it some more and decided that they were actually Gizmo minus the "Don't Get them Wet" problem of producing soulless evil entities that want to destroy civilization, like the Kardashians.

I have forwarded this info and will bring it up at the staff meeting. We want to encourage people to enjoy the site not steer them away if it can be avoided thank you for letting me know about this. I am working on trying to find a solution to it.

*Update*

From my editor and chief explaining why that box has to be in place for now:

In May, a law was passed in the European Union that requires all EU websites to gain consent from users to use cookies. It is a pointless and rather stupid law, which you can read more about here http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...es-made-simple

Basically, websites need cookies in order to work. This law means that you are asked to consent to using cookies before you can view a website.

If the cookie popup wasn't there and you went onto the site as normal, you would still pick up exactly the same cookies, but we are required by law to ask you first. The reason that there is no 'no' checkbox is because it's pointless - the only way you are going to avoid coming into contact with cookies is by not using the internet at all.

Basically, it's asking you to consent to something you would automatically consent to when clicking on any other web page.

Thanks for your feedback - we will look into this.
    Last edited by Kalari; 10-26-2012 at 01:45 PM.