Page 92 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 4162

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I think that would be good. The game should encourage the starting of new guilds and the growth of low level guilds.

Levels 1-26: 300%
    Levels 27-50: 200%
    Levels 51-70: 100%
    Levels 71+: 0%

They should consider dropping the level of the biggest ships to 65 and 70 because realistically with no guild bonus it's going to take forever for small guilds to get to 85. To me the level 85 ship is desirable because on top of all the buffs you get a bank, tavern, etc. - convenience items that save time. You don't really get any more buffs at that point - just time savers. I don't think the level needs to be so high for that one.
    so again lets make the renown varible more complex and this is fair to players in guilds 11-1000 why

i still dont see a viable idea on this whole thread outside what the devs already did to make it where player a{ dosent matter what guild size} pulls the equal amount of renown as player b {dosent matter what guild size } and i see no real reason if decay was erased on why any size guild would be favored
    this whole new guild statement i beleave is a nice thought but under 26th level do not decay now and have small guild or meduim guid bonuses applied

2. 12-07-2012, 04:48 PM

I was responding to chaos post. He suggested a low level guild bonus instead of a small guild bonus. This bonus is based on level and not size.
    for all guilds ? or i thought he was talking about guilds under so many members because again no guilds decay under 26th level now

4. 12-07-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote Originally Posted by theslimshady View Post
    for all guilds ? or i thought he was talking about guilds under so many members because again no guilds decay under 26th level now
    Yep for all guild regardless of the number of members. I can see some merit to what slarden was saying in regards to any guilds starting out to have a easier time leveling. Bonuses wouldn't be assigned based on guild size but the guild level.
    Daishado

"drink triple ... see double ... act single! uh oh wife aggro" *hides*

All guilds.

My only reason for thinking we should keep the small guild bonus was for lower level guilds anyhow. Chaos' point is just give a bonus based on level and I think it's a good idea. Getting rid of decay is a good enough bonus for higher level guilds because it protects those guilds from people taking breaks, etc.

I was with the guild since level 1. Even with no decay a bonus really helps because when you running lower level quests slowly it takes forever to level up. I think a low level bonus is especailly important. Of course vets can start a guild and level it quickly, but the goal is to help casual and new players. This would definitely do that.
    again its a nice thought but i dont think there is nothing wrong with the current system that warrants any changes based off of there is no decay and with bonuses now up to level 26
    i mean decay for any guild dosent kick in till 26th level and thats after first ship so really when talking about decay we are talking about levels 27-100 and i think 26 free levels with bonuses of a no decay system is fine already and helps guilds in there building stage

again its a nice thought but I dont think there is nothing wrong with the current system that warrants any changes based off of there is no decay and with bonuses now up to level 26

I mean decay for any guild doesnt kick in till 26th level and thats after first ship so really when talking about decay we are talking about levels 27-100 and I think 26 free levels with bonuses of a no decay system is fine already and helps guilds in there building stage
    Current system awards bonuses based on size. So a small guild currently keep their bonuses even with the no decay up to level 26. Shifting renown size bonuses to renown level bonuses will keep this consistent while not requiring a guild to be of a "certain size" to capitalize on the maximum amount of renown bonuses.

Removal of decay (which favors guilds of all sizes) and renown bonuses dependent on guild level and NOT size (again favoring guilds of all sizes) would be a good move.

I was thinking on this a bit. I think the decay mechanic should be a level based system that remains dormant and is only applied when a person is booted or quit. 1 week per player? This way if the guild leader recruits massively with the intent to mass boot at lvl 100, they will find themselves combatting decay a week per player booted at the maximum renown decay.
    Daishado

"drink triple ... see double ... act single! uh oh wife aggro" *hides*

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos000 View Post
    Current system awards bonuses based on size. So a small guild currently keep their bonuses even with the no decay up to level 26. Shifting renown size bonuses to renown level bonuses will keep this consistent while not requiring a guild to be of a "certain size" to capitalize on the maximum amount of renown bonuses.

Removal of decay (which favors guilds of all sizes) and renown bonuses dependent on guild level and NOT size (again favoring guilds of all sizes) would be a good move.

I was thinking on this a bit. I think the decay mechanic should be a level based system that remains dormant and is only applied when a person is booted or quit. 1 week per player? This way if the guild leader recruits massively with the intent to mass boot at lvl 100, they will find themselves combatting decay a week per player booted at the maximum renown decay.
    all the ideas of this revamping the renown system and changeing it so dramactically seems like far to much work then the side effects of the current system in place spez when we are talking about 2 important factors
    first is all guilds can make it to level 26 without any decay {regardless of size}
    second decay is only a factor with the current system for guilds with 1-10 members who not only have a renown boost but have no real reason to stay under 10 except choice to stay that way

9. 12-07-2012, 05:46 PM

Yes I agree with that and like Chaos' idea of having a level based bonus for lower level guilds instead.

So it sounds like we agree, it's a miracle
    No - no bonus is needed. None

And no change is needed, to the current system at all.

And I don't agree with you, because I do not really think decay will ever go away, and nor should it.

11. 12-07-2012, 06:32 PM

Funny, before the change you posted you wanted decay to be removed. I guess you prefer to only be an issue for small guilds
    I believe it to be necessary to the game now; to make the game harder for solo guilds.

Funny, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    I believe it to be necessary to the game now; to make the game harder for solo guilds.

Funny, isn't it?
    Actually it is quite funny believe it or not. The system is making it harder for many more guilds other than just solo guilds. We shall see whether Turbine also chooses Scrooge over Santa Claus.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Actually it is quite funny believe it or not. The system is making it harder for many more guilds other than just solo guilds. We shall see whether Turbine also chooses Scrooge over Santa Claus.
    Yes - your arguments convinced me that yes, renown decay is needed - and should never be removed with this new system.

I know exactly who it's affecting - and I know the reasons they claim.

Yes - your arguments convinced me that yes, renown decay is needed - and should never be removed with this new system.

I know exactly who it's affecting - and I know the reasons they claim.
    Well considering you were making negative comments about guilds of 10 and less long before I commented in this thread or others, I think it's safe to say my comments/suggestions didn't really have any impact on your thought process You were adamantly against small guilds then and you are now.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.
    Last edited by slarden; 12-07-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

So, since I'm bored while G-land is down... any news yet?
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

decay is only a factor with the current system for guilds with 1-10 members who not only have a renown boost but have no real reason to stay under 10 except choice to stay that way
    Comments like these from you large guild folks never cease to amaze me.

On a lighter note, due to the recent decay changes, my guild has expanded to 15 accounts (Progress!). Does this mean that I am now allowed to make fun of small guilds aka "guilds of one" or "one man armies" or whatever they are being called this week or maybe, at the very least, being allowed to just flat out disagree with every valid point that is brought up in their favor?

Funny, isn't it?
    Wouldn't this hurt all guilds including yours? I believe you stated numerous times in the past how much decay had a negative effect on your guild.

Community Member

No - no bonus is needed. None

And no change is needed, to the current system at all.

And I don't agree with you, because I do not really think decay will ever go away, and nor should it.
    Hmmm lets see now you want renown decay since it makes it harder for small guilds, but before when it was harder for your large guild you didn't want it. Great all for me attitude in a community based game.
    Last edited by Tictman; 12-10-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Community Member

have no real reason to stay under 10 except choice to stay that way
    OK so then under the old system you didn't have the choice not to recruit so many members? You see it works both ways nothing is getting solved here by people only wanting it all their way.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jhadden30 View Post
    On a lighter note, due to the recent decay changes, my guild has expanded to 15 accounts (Progress!). Does this mean that I am now allowed to make fun of small guilds aka "guilds of one" or "one man armies" or whatever they are being called this week or maybe, at the very least, being allowed to just flat out disagree with every valid point that is brought up in their favor?
    Good point why is there so much hate for the small guild in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by jhadden30 View Post
    Comments like these from you large guild folks never cease to amaze me.

taking points out of context is fine but i was addressing a total revamp of the current renown system we was discussing a easy fix like the one to our current system vrs a total scrap of the renown system as any of us know it so this misplaced hostilty is unproductive

Quote Originally Posted by Tictman View Post
    OK so then under the old system you didn't have the choice not to recruit so many members? You see it works both ways nothing is getting solved here by people only wanting it all their way.
    it was never about over recruitting it was a exclusion issue and the choice of exclusion ect
    again tring to make it out like all large guilds are against small guilds is unproductive if all guilds was 1-24 members small guilds only
    we would all still have the same problems with favoritism ect mostly based on guild bonuses and decay rates my point only addressed the fact that the current system is a fairly good try at a even feild for guilds 11-1000 and that the idea of like a restart slash wipe of ole system did not make much sense based on one remaining issue guilds under 10 members

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Turbine, please... why change decay to be a almost exclusively small guild penalty? Why not just do away with it, then?
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Page 92 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast