Page 2 of 209 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

So my Lvl 44 Guild on Cannith - 21 Active Players currently though only myself and perhaps two others truly active {play most days}.
    Will see no real difference!

Whereas the Lvl 68 Guild my Characters on Sarlona are members of {74 Active Players Currently} will see a HUGE Difference.

I'm guessing I'm going to have to start recruiting again on Cannith {But not while this is a temporary change}!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    Why does decay exist at all?
    To discourage "Korthos Army" guilds full of blind-invitors from gaining too high of a level.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

NM

Beat me to the question...
    Last edited by Hellllboy; 10-22-2012 at 03:48 PM.

I like the idea of taking small steps on this issue.

Thank you for looking into this issue and making some tweaks
    Argonessenn -Officer of Storm Shadow-
    Olen Anteres

Default Renown decay bug..

Will this address the bug when there is downtime? Whenever you guys bounce the servers, it takes away decay twice that day, once in the early morning and again when the servers come up.
    Thelanis - Proud Officer of DWAT
    Merkury - McKormic - Nykole - Merkormic - Mckorc - Gemineye - Magisterr - Metaphysics

Hero

It says this won't affect small guilds which worries me a bit, but we will see.

I am a 6 act guild with only 1-2 really active players, and we have been stuck at 59 for forever (at least 6 months). I would like to see how much renown we will lose now as we can only get 2-4k a day (if we are lucky) and more on the weekend (we need 4k a day not to move). But as others have stated, with Mabar starting, it might be a bit hard to really look at...I for one will be only doing Mabar when not working.

But I would like to say ty for thinking of and making steps to improve the system
    Last edited by MysticElaine; 10-22-2012 at 03:27 PM.

I like this change, I think it will help a lot of "middle of the road guilds", guilds with not enough active players to overcome the loss of renown each day, but not small enough to get any bonus.

I think its a good step to get guilds to recruit players and evens out the advantages/disadvantages between small and large guilds.

Still my own guild really doesn't see much purpose beyond Guild Level 63. We have everything we really want and with all the issues earlier this year, have a stock of gold seal stuff to last quite awhile. So while our Guild Renown will likely start moving again, there really isn't much to shoot for. Hopefully there are plans to maybe add more stuff in future updates to make grinding for GR worth it again.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by MysticElaine View Post
    From the response earlier in this thread, they are now just treating large guilds the way small ones have always been treated, so you should be the same and everyone else will be better off.

I may be incorrect on this but my understanding is:

Decay for all guilds.. regardless of size will be the same for equivalent guild level...

Small and medium guilds will still get bonuses (which they should)

is this right?
    Olen Anteres

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerD View Post
    Small and medium guilds will still get bonuses (which they should)
    Small guild bonuses are unaffected and should continue to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Small guild bonuses are unaffected and should continue to apply.

thanks for clarification.. this makes sense and is a step in the right direction
    Olen Anteres

BTW, Thank you for looking at this. It's nice to be heard

Quote Originally Posted by MysticElaine View Post

I am a 6 act guild with only 1-2 really active players, and we have been stuck at 59 for forever (at least 6 months). I would like to see how much renown we will lose now as we can only get 2-4k a day (if we are lucky) and more on the weekend (we need 4k a day not to move). But as others have stated, with Mabar starting, it might be a bit hard to really look at...I for one will be only doing Mabar when not working.

But I would like to say ty for thinking of and making steps to improve the system
    Yeah, I am unclear how, if renown decay is calculated regardless of guild size how small guilds would be unaffected unless what is meant is that the new renown decay settings will not apply to small guilds.

Personally, my guild has all but fizzled out. 4 "active" accounts, 3 of which are me and the forth is someone who plays once a week at most. I suppose I should think harder about moving on...
    Bogenbroom's legion... 102 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Sounds like a major improvement that addresses the biggest glaring weaknesses of the current system. From the player side, I can't see a downside.

I'd suggest continuing this experiment at least 1 full week after Mabar so we can see it under normal circumstances.

And thank you very much for doing this now before Mabar, I was dreading the thought of grinding Mabar then having o grind reknown to make up for the time I spent in Mabar.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    Sounds like a major improvement that addresses the biggest glaring weaknesses of the current system. From the player side, I can't see a downside.

I'd suggest continuing this experiment at least 1 full week after Mabar so we can see it under normal circumstances.

And thank you very much for doing this now before Mabar, I was dreading the thought of grinding Mabar then having o grind reknown to make up for the time I spent in Mabar.
    I second these sentiments. I think this is a nice step in the right direction.

+1

I have to "farm" 1k renown each day to prevent decay, this change will make me happy if comes solid.

Community Member

Can you confirm if there is still a penalty for removing inactive players?

THANK YOU for the Change...

Definately welcome this change, will be very helpful for casual players and more experienced players who don't mind running with casual players.
    "Focus on Adventure Not Grind"

Quote Originally Posted by Double_O View Post
    Can you confirm if there is still a penalty for removing inactive players?
    Yes.

There were only two changes relating to Guilds and renown made at this time as mentioned in Tolero's post. Nothing else should be different, and we'd like to know if it is.

A tentative thank you for addressing this issue.

Have you considered promoting other ways to get renown? The idea would be that building effective characters and accomplishing some “renowned” signifies your guild’s success. Moreso than mindless chest farming.

For example, a varying amount for certain accomplishments like:

• achieving level cap
    • completing an epic elite quest
    • completing a raid
    • finishing an epic destiny

Perhaps
    • Upgrading an epic item, a green steel, an alchemical, a dragonscale armor
    • Doing an area's "capstone" quest for the first time, e.g. Sor'jek, Cursed Crypt
    • Achieving a favor reward
    • A small amount for completing a quest first time with bravery bonus

Here's an old thread that has ideas along the same lines. 101 things that should be worth renown.
    Last edited by Anthios888; 11-10-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

Page 2 of 209 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast