Page 208 of 209 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209 LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 4162

Quote Originally Posted by FrostBeard View Post
    Would love to see an improved administration GUI for guild leaders and officers introduced and tested also.

Example:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Guild

It would be good to know which character belongs to whom. for larger guilds.

perhaps an Alias field
    I use the comment field in my friend list for this but having on the guild page would be beyond epic!#

Stoner81.

Thank you for the decay break.

Now, only two steps left.

1) Keep the decay turned off forever.

2) Fire any of your employees who come up with such game-destroying, community-withering ideas as this in the future.

3) Make a permanent note on the employees record who came up with these ideas, and watch him carefully; perhaps put him in charge of oh, I don't know... texture cleanup for the high-res client, and keep him or her away from game-system designs and anything 'fun' related.

Problem solved.

Its pretty clear the guild system needs an overhaul.

a 43 page thread on suggestions and disgruntled remarks.

really it is up to the people in charge to make this happen.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

So, any news on this? The decay break is advertised to end very soon.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Community Member

In case you missed this from the Shadowfell is shadowdone post:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ne#post5065738

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    In case you missed this from the Shadowfell is shadowdone post:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ne#post5065738
    This is indeed good news. I'll wait with the jubilation, though, until it's officially official, so to speak.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Guild Decay- I know of no plans to change it from the way it is on live now. I heard some hallway discussions about some small decay for the top 10 levels but I don't know of any concrete plans.
    Waitaminute- perhaps this means something else. At first I interpreted it as "Currently Guild Renown Decay is shut off and will stay that way until we come up with concrete plans."

But really it could mean "Going back to the same formula right before the summer break."

I guess that depends on if anyone experienced Decay today- Anyone? I'll admit- I was too focused on what to do with my enhancements and whether or not to get the expansion to simply write down my Renown before the servers went down.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arnez View Post
    Waitaminute- perhaps this means something else. At first I interpreted it as "Currently Guild Renown Decay is shut off and will stay that way until we come up with concrete plans."

But really it could mean "Going back to the same formula right before the summer break."

I guess that depends on if anyone experienced Decay today- Anyone? I'll admit- I was too focused on what to do with my enhancements and whether or not to get the expansion to simply write down my Renown before the servers went down.
    I don't believe decay is turned back on. When he refers to there possibly being some decay for the top levels, I think he is confirming it will stay off for everyone else. I am not online when decay hits so I can't tell for sure, but we haven't moved backwards so i think it's off. It is interesting that they didn't make any official announcement for something that is such good news, but perhaps that was the announcement.

Between the goodwill and the ability to sell more ships this is just a pure win for Turbine.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    I am not online when decay hits so I can't tell for sure, but we haven't moved backwards so i think it's off.
    I haven't noticed any decay setting in, either, but I haven't written down the numbers, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    I haven't noticed any decay setting in, either, but I haven't written down the numbers, so to speak.
    I have am generally online when decay hits and I haven't noticed any decay.

We are guild lvl 88 with about 28 active members when decay was on we were getting hit and hard... I would have noticed if we got hit again

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    Thank you for the decay break.

Now, only two steps left.

1) Keep the decay turned off forever.

2) Fire any of your employees who come up with such game-destroying, community-withering ideas as this in the future.

3) Make a permanent note on the employees record who came up with these ideas, and watch him carefully; perhaps put him in charge of oh, I don't know... texture cleanup for the high-res client, and keep him or her away from game-system designs and anything 'fun' related.

Problem solved.
    ^ this

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrimGus View Post
    ^ this
    there should NOT BE any guild decay. why? because people are to hard to MAKE play. it is a game.
    if there is something for guild decay then there should be something for character decay.
    same difference!
    i play many hours each day. if i don't, this means i have a LIFE TOO! there are ways to make a game
    a game without being a game spoiler.

not sure where the post for this is but here goes!

been playing since 2010 and its been over 3 years. seen many changes that i dont like but deal with. butt????
    i've heard through the grape vine that TR'n will cause you to lose Tome abilities and epic destinies reset.
    ***????? i BOUGHT DDO POINTS with MY MONEY and used them points to purchase these highly costing Tomes.
    for god sakes.. this is an icon i pay for that is used in a game. no game.. nothing to show for it and you want
    to take these away from me when i TR? I DO NOT THINK SO!
    if you do, in which i have no control over. but i do have control on what game i spend MY MONEY ON!
    i bought every pack that is available.. bought character slots.. bought tomes of supreme abilities for several toons
    i have and the tomes consisted of +1, +2, +3 and +4's. i have every email saved that i get by using the ddo
    store. i also pay to play on top of all that. i buy countless passes. i have a level 75 guild.
    leave a good thing alone when ya have it. and that is to you ddo.
    good day/night!
    Last edited by Divine_Outlander; 10-20-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine_Outlander View Post
    there should NOT BE any guild decay. why? because people are to hard to MAKE play. it is a game.
    if there is something for guild decay then there should be something for character decay.
    same difference!
    i play many hours each day. if i don't, this means i have a LIFE TOO! there are ways to make a game
    a game without being a game spoiler.

not sure where the post for this is but here goes!

been playing since 2010 and its been over 3 years. seen many changes that i dont like but deal with. butt????
    i've heard through the grape vine that TR'n will cause you to lose Tome abilities and epic destinies reset.
    ***????? i BOUGHT DDO POINTS with MY MONEY and used them points to purchase these highly costing Tomes.
    for god sakes.. this is an icon i pay for that is used in a game. no game.. nothing to show for it and you want
    to take these away from me when i TR? I DO NOT THINK SO!
    if you do, in which i have no control over. but i do have control on what game i spend MY MONEY ON!
    i bought every pack that is available.. bought character slots.. bought tomes of supreme abilities for several toons
    i have and the tomes consisted of +1, +2, +3 and +4's. i have every email saved that i get by using the ddo
    store. i also pay to play on top of all that. i buy countless passes. i have a level 75 guild.
    leave a good thing alone when ya have it. and that is to you ddo.
    good day/night!
    Then I think you will be happy about everything:

1) Guild decay is gone and likely isn't coming back except maybe the top 10 levels.
    2) When you TR you don't lose tomes or destinies. If you do it's a bug - contact account support right away and they will fix it
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Then I think you will be happy about everything:

1) Guild decay is gone and likely isn't coming back except maybe the top 10 levels.
    2) When you TR you don't lose tomes or destinies. If you do it's a bug - contact account support right away and they will fix it
    Good news! I'm in the process of getting back to the game after 2,5 years of absence and see a lot changes...
    The way they had implemented guild renown and decay was one of the major reasons my satisfation from the game was greatly reduced back then.
    I'm a laid-back guy, i wanna play the game without feeling pressed to WORK for my guild... i felt like i had to increase my "production rate"

Nice to hear that about the tomes when you TR, too, although that means i have a BtC tome that's no use for my TR now

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    I use the comment field in my friend list for this but having on the guild page would be beyond epic!#

Stoner81.
    I used to do that, too, but imo the friends list is very limited... it should be able to hold much more chars

I have played one character mainly, that i got to lev 20 (cap then). But people i knew made so many alts and it was difficult to keep up with who is who and connect with them
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Quote Originally Posted by Grecan View Post

although that means i have a BtC tome that's no use for my TR now
    You can use those +2 BtC tomes in the crafting hall. Trade them to the crafting vendor for 9 purified eberron shards for crafting. If you are not into crafting might not be a big help for you but at least you can hoard them in a bag for "someday"

I always grab that free tome you get from favor just to crunch it down myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post
    Now you aren't a cookie cuttter, you are a character with unique gear and layouts and not everyone has the same mass produced epic ethereal bracers from the ghostly beholder factory.

2017 DDO Players Council Starla70's Avatar

Glad the decay is still off!

Default Guild

Is there a way for a member of a guild to take control of it when all officers have not been on the game for 3 years.
    the guild is The Trading Post on Khyber the leader is needmor
    Squeak's Army

Quote Originally Posted by whiteline View Post
    Is there a way for a member of a guild to take control of it when all officers have not been on the game for 3 years.
    AFAIK, only a named successor can take control of a guild from an inactive guild leader.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Aliss7 View Post
    AFAIK, only a named successor can take control of a guild from an inactive guild leader.
    Successor, whether an officer or not. Any officer if both leader and successor inactive.

If all of leader, successor, and all officers are all inactive, you are out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Any officer if both leader and successor inactive.
    Is this a new thing? Because about more than a year ago, I was in a guild where the leader was inactive, no successor, and I was an officer. No go when I looked for a way to take guild ownership.

Page 208 of 209 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209 LastLast