Community Member

Default Please help me with my master's thesis on online gaming

Esteemed gamers!

I am doing a survey as part of my master’s thesis on online gaming, and I need an informed populace with MMO experience to fill it out! It’s only 10 questions, mostly about your gaming habits and preferences. If you could take a few minutes to fill it out, you would help me out a lot.

Survey closed

This is not part of any professional market survey, nor is it financed by anyone at all. I’m just some dude trying to get a degree, which is why I rely on the volunteers I can find in online forums.

Thank you for your time.

Edit: The survey is now closed! A great big thank you to everyone who participated!
    Last edited by Arildor; 11-09-2012 at 10:23 AM.

I'm curious exactly what degree you are getting, and is it going to help you find a job? (in the video game industry I assume?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I'm curious exactly what degree you are getting, and is it going to help you find a job? (in the video game industry I assume?)
    My degree will be in Media Studies, and yes, the hope is to gain employment as a media researcher of some sort by the end. There's a lot of dogs on that bone though, so one step at the time, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Arildor View Post
    Esteemed gamers!

I am doing a survey as part of my master’s thesis on online gaming, and I need an informed populace with MMO experience to fill it out! It’s only 10 questions, mostly about your gaming habits and preferences. If you could take a few minutes to fill it out, you would help me out a lot.

Survey

This is not part of any professional market survey, nor is it financed by anyone at all. I’m just some dude trying to get a degree, which is why I rely on the volunteers I can find in online forums.

Thank you for your time.
    Best of luck to you with your thesis. I'm in the midst of writing my final undergraduate paper myself (on the effectiveness of video games in the classroom), so I can only imagine the amount of research you have to do and studies you have to perform.
    Honkin • Diaari • Baz • Shankiee • Tranzcend • Diaana • Diaarti

filled it out. good luck!
    "May the flamin' force be with you!"

This is interesting. Hope to hear more about it. I have filled out the survey,
    I am Rheinhart and Crytonian on Argonessen.

Default re

Done.

Best of luck in your studies.

Community Member

Hi,

I filled out your survey too.

Good luck with collecting more data and turning it into something useful.

Thanks.

Filled out, GL with your thesis.
    Retired Gimp of Crimson Eagles
    Stopwound - Healwound - Songwound - Cursewound - Patchwound - Saltwound

Community Member

Thanks to everyone for your help, I'm already halfway to my target number of responses!

@Fefnir: Glad to hear there are more aspiring VG scholars. It's definitely an interesting area of study, and it's encouraging that there are still new areas to explore for up-and-comers like us.

@Zhacko: Thanks! Maybe I'll do a brief writeup in this forum once the paper is done, if I feel it's even remotely interesting for other gamers. (One of my profs told me only 3-4 people will ever read my paper, so that's encouraging).

Community Member

Done. Would love to see the statistical result.
    Argonnessen: Mammadrow, Southrn Comfort

Community Member

Survey filled out - best of luck on your thesis!
    General mischief maker and trap spring... I mean... disarmer. No really! I swear I had no idea that trap was there!

Hey,

Completed your survey but I wasn't too sure if I answered correctly on the 'Microtransactions' questions.

I have used Turbine Points to purchase things from the DDO Store, but I got those points as part of the VIP subscription package. I have never actually bought just points.

I answered 'No' to both those questions as I see those TP's as part of the 'Larger Bundle' that is the VIP subscription.

I hope that makes sense.

Yep Good luck!
    Daishado

"drink triple ... see double ... act single! uh oh wife aggro" *hides*

Submitted
    Agro - Paryan, Pary, Parrii, Parriahh

filled in the survey for ya - and sent a pm that might interst you.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302