Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Founder
    Enlightened Completionist

Arrow PDK Favor Patron Vendor change: Tiers 2 & 3 to the Relic weapons (Video)

In Update 16 on Lamannia (10-5-12) there are changes to the PDK Favor Patron Vendor, adding tiers two and three to the Relic weapons.

Firstly, tier one upgrade now costs 3 Heroic Commodations for all Relic weapons.

Tier two cost 5 extra Heroic Commodations and tier three cost 7 extra Heroic Commodations. The changes are not all uniform so this video shows each item.

I didn't want to post a pic for every item changed, thus the video. I also thought it may be helpful to those that no longer log into Lamannia, so you can pause or fast forward through the video. Anyone that wishes to can post pics below.

I hope this information is helpful and I thank you for your time.
    Martens -The Enlightened One, Triple-Cubed Completionist, "Abbot Slayer," Mournlander (30 Monk Martens' 3.0 Build) * Marten (30 Cleric) Sarlona
    ** My IRL Epic **

I really hope this comes along with a drop rate increase to commendations. I'm over 20 runs among my toons without a single one. Farming out 15? I'll be long dead by then. Perhaps my grandchildren can continue the hunt for me.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

soo, let's see. i've run the raid about 40 times and have pulled 3 commendations. so 12 additional commendations to upgrade each weapon assuming you upgraded for free already. so they are putting in the long grind - we'll be running this for years and decades
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

I guess it's just as well none of the weapons are interesting for my builds. They'd be obsolete anyway by the time I got all that ground out. (30 comms for TWFers!)

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

New to the DDOStore: Commendation of Heroism, only 150 TP!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Thanks for this..

Quick text version for those who cant watch the video:

Relic weapons now get 3 upgraded tiers instead of the current one.
    They now come with "attuned to heroism, which is just flavour text that explains the upgrade". (One can only hope this will be retroactive if these new version are required to further upgrade)
    Tier 1 = Gains Planar Conflux (set bonus)
    Tier 2 = Gain +8 enhancement bonus
    Tier 3 =
    Weapons with 2d6 or 2d8 effects --> jump a tier (to 3d6 or 3d8) for that effect
    Weapons with neither (also handwraps) --> Gain +0.5W
    Caster qstaff --> Add any spell power of your choice (+120 equipment bonus to one specific type, as the original intended tier0 design, only minus the random)

Overall, VERY minor upgrades aside from the caster stick. But given some of the weapons are already very good, its nice.

I don't think the raid needs higher droprates. They are already about 7-10% for comms.. They are ok for what it is. Don't make us run that raid a gillion more times to get this.. Istead IMO what should (of) been/be done:
    New raid in U16 to make up for the failed promise of a raid in U15, its awesome and also drops heroic comms.
    Though there is no raid yet again, blah. So could put them in the final/toughest quest instead.

Hero

Ps. shade, you've seemed to have missed the upgrade to the 'relic sunblade'

For those not willing to watch the video:

All upgrades on tier 2: +7 to +8 (even twilight...)

Upgrades on tier 3:
    Agony, knife in the dark: Hemmorraging becomes Phlebotomizing
    Antipode: +0.5 damage die
    Balizarde, protector of the king: Hemmorraging becomes Phlebotomizing
    Breach, the dividing blade: Shrieking becomes wailing
    Celestia, brightest star of day: Gains Banishing
    Cleaver, hewer of suffering: Hemmorraging becomes Phlebotomizing
    Mornh, hammer of the mountains: +0.5 damage die
    Needle, quill-slinger: Hemmorraging becomes Phlebotomizing
    Nightmare, the fallen moon: +0.5 damage die
    Pinion, cloud-piercer: Shrieking becomes wailing
    Sirith, spear of the sky: +0.5 damage die
    Tinah, sword of the sea: +0.5 damage die
    Twilight, element of magic: One 120 spellpower of choice (combustion, glaciation, corrosion, magnetism, nullification, devotion, radiance)

personal opinion: Celestia and twilight are the only ones worth upgrading, unless you really really really want that extra 1D6 or so damage per swing.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobmx View Post
    soo, let's see. i've run the raid about 40 times and have pulled 3 commendations. so 12 additional commendations to upgrade each weapon assuming you upgraded for free already. so they are putting in the long grind - we'll be running this for years and decades
    This.

With the rarity of Commendations, these really should be 0/1/2 commendations to upgrade rather than 3/5/7.

It's rare for more than one to drop raidwide even on Hard.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    With the rarity of Commendations, these really should be 0/1/2 commendations to upgrade rather than 3/5/7.

It's rare for more than one to drop raidwide even on Hard.
    Or, they should make them drop with vastly increased frequency on hard/elite and drop multiples.

Hero

ran it 35 times personally, pulled 6, assuming I keep that 'trackrecord', it would take my to my 100th or something to fully upgrade 1!!! weapon, and my track record isn't that horrid

I'd prefer if they went the way of Tower of despair, with always 1 dropping per player and have 1D2 on hard, 1D3 on elite, but keep the current 'cost' to upgrade as it is now. Be it either in the chest you always get at completion, or in the chest that you only get when Ana's health is above a certain percentage (would be more inclined to the ana's health chest personally, so that it can be lost).

Quote Originally Posted by Forgeborn View Post
    ran it 35 times personally, pulled 6, assuming I keep that 'trackrecord', it would take my to my 100th or something to fully upgrade 1!!! weapon, and my track record isn't that horrid

I'd prefer if they went the way of Tower of despair, with always 1 dropping per player and have 1D2 on hard, 1D3 on elite, but keep the current 'cost' to upgrade as it is now. Be it either in the chest you always get at completion, or in the chest that you only get when Ana's health is above a certain percentage (would be more inclined to the ana's health chest personally, so that it can be lost).
    This would be fine if they increase the requirement for red/greenscale to perhaps 15.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I don't think the raid needs higher droprates. They are already about 7-10% for comms.
    7% per run, which seems about right = 175 runs to upgrade one weapon.

And you think it doesn't need a higher drop rate.

I'm starting to feel like Pavlov's dog. I'm starting to facepalm just seeing your name on a post.

Honestly, if this is their idea of giving an incentive to run Web, I think it will work the opposite. Most people will figure "it will take way too long to get all those so why bother."

Hero

This would be fine if they increase the requirement for red/greenscale to perhaps 15.
    Didn't really think of those when I typed that, those would indeed have to be increased a bit if a static drop is implemented, 15 to 20 seems a decent number for those in my opinion.

Also, if they're going down this path they NEED to add Heroic Coms to the 20th reward list. At least 3 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    7% per run, which seems about right = 175 runs to upgrade one weapon.

And you think it doesn't need a higher drop rate.

I'm starting to feel like Pavlov's dog. I'm starting to facepalm just seeing your name on a post.
    I'm just assuming he missed a 0 in his calculations. Shade's not stupid, and we all make arithmetic errors at times.

Hmmm at 3:38 the video shows +120 to an element on the Twilight. It says tier 2 removed. This to me means it just may be possible to upgrade this multiple times. With enough comms gaining +120 to everything on the list?

I'm just assuming he missed a 0 in his calculations. Shade's not stupid, and we all make arithmetic errors at times.
    And aparently we all make mistakes in reading. My post had nothing to do with my thoughts on the droprate, just my ideas on how to lessen the grind overall.

I'll clearify tho:
    I'd prefer the commendations being added to other quests/raids (at a good droprate) rather then more dropping in said raid.

As honestly running it xTy times to get the weapon you want alone is a pretty serious grind.

And while more grind for more power is cool, I'd prefer it to be in a varied quests, rather then just have the one raid be it.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Syllph View Post
    Hmmm at 3:38 the video shows +120 to an element on the Twilight. It says tier 2 removed. This to me means it just may be possible to upgrade this multiple times. With enough comms gaining +120 to everything on the list?
    Doesn't look like it, as the 'tier 0' upgrade is removed when you make it tier 1, the tier 1 is removed when you make it tier 2, the tier 2 is removed when you make it tier 3. And I would assume you can't just upgrade it to a tier without having the 'prerequisite' tier first.

And unlike Shade, I prefer a 'steady' progress of assured drops, where one can work towards an item instead of relying on random dropchances each run to see if he makes progress to whatever number he needs. Instead of needing 1 item that has a 33% chance to drop, I prefer needing 3 items that have a 100% to drop. (sorta like challenges, you're always making some progress as long as you complete) At least, concerning upgrading gear.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast