Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Lamannia Update 16 Names Items List

Hey, it looks like no one has started this list yet. I was running some of the new quests and I pulled this in The Lost Souls' Swamp.

Ironwood_Khopesh2 by jtbaron_njit, on Flickr

Ironwood_Khopesh by jtbaron_njit, on Flickr

So, for everyone looking for that new endgame Khopesh, here you go. It's also made of wood, so have fun druids!
    I am Rheinhart and Crytonian on Argonessen.

I pulled a superior Heartseeker shortsword out of one of the rare chests in the high road slayer area. Which seems to be a new weapons suffix.
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

I was looking at it. It is a sweet new weapon ability. (I've linked your image below)

What difficulty?

based on the "epic" in the upper right corner, maybe its like U15 loot again.

I mean it looks rather weak to me, but if thats just the normal version, then the EE one might ok.

Plus why do the devs constantly do this:
    It has plain to see readily aparent bugs: It description clearly states "it's as strong and strong as adamantine" yet the hardness is of a regular weak wood weapon of that level. (It does at least appear to break adamantine DR at least).

Pretty much the vast majority of special material type weapons are always bugged in some fasion like this. Is it like a rule or something for loot designers?
    Last edited by Shade; 10-05-2012 at 10:09 PM.

will heartseeker be an possible suffix on a ml24 challenge weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    What difficulty?
    I ran the quest on Epic Casual actually (It's CR-24 on normal) when it dropped this.

I think it's a little more geared towards Druids, since it's wood, shillelagh can be cast on it.

Default ribcracking and bloodletting

heartseeker has a bashing a slashing counterpart.

Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

Looks like some massively improved "blast" effects. I like it.
    Bruyak ~ Razahe ~ Duzzared ~ Marwachine ~ Hukwaller
    Mitis Mors|Thelanis

Default Here we go lots of goodies

All from chain end reward except the 1st Shadowmail - that was from the Greenstalker optional chest in The End of the Road
    From this you can see than there are (probably) better versions of them all that drop from the quests.
    I took the orb as then end reward it doesn't appear to do anything when you block with it.

Kambuk

Note: Whole Chain was done on Epic Hard, end rewards were all (I assume) the Epic Normal versions.
    Last edited by Kambuk; 10-06-2012 at 03:51 AM.

It looks like they are now showing which version of the item it is by the "Epic" and "Epic Hard" notations in the item descriptions for the named loot. Also, it looks like the elemental magic type bonus on the Shadowmail is possibly random as one has glaciation and another has magnetism.

What's up with named armor constantly having vastly inferior AC to lootgen lately? That was never the case pre U14. Did the devs who designed this stuff forget about the fact higher lvl loot gets vastly improved AC/Dex/etc now? Seems like they did. Especially frusterating now that AC may actaully have some effect.

I mean look at this:

U15:
    Epic Elite Firebreak (Very hard to get top tier ml24 half plate)
    AC: 17 +7, Dex: 5

Plain jane ml24 halfplate for next to nothing on the auction house:
    AC 21 + 7, Dex: 6

4 worse AC and 1 less dex? or vs the lvl20 tier - it's still inferior by 1 AC. Makes no sense at all.

U16:
    EN Whisperchain (ml23)
    AC: 9 +6, Dex: 11
    Mithral Chainmail per description

Plain jane ml24 Celestial Chainmail:
    AC: 12 +6, Dex 12

3 less AC vs garbage lootgen (1 less then ml20 sprit craft). 1 less dex.

Also seems bugged: Mithral material, but no mithral enchantment. Would also explain the poor dex. Should be +2 dex if its mithral, yet its 1 less?

ACP/ASF also seems off, tho dont have the lootgen stats of that on hand to compare.

EH Shadowmail (ml24)
    AC11 +7, Dex: 12

Descript indicates its Spirit Forged Scalemail with "ease of movement" so, more dex..

Lootgen plane jane spiritforged mail (ml20):
    AC14 +6, Dex 6
    mm doesn't even match at all. -3 ac and +6 dex because of its "ease of movement" yet the weightless mithral armor has negative 1 dex?
    Let's try something closer - Celestial Chainmail (which is light armor, but its the closest stats):
    AC12 +7 Dex: 12
    still 1 inferior AC vs lootgen armor of a lower tier meh. The item itself also makes no sense. Boosts arcane spell dmg (divines dont get cold dmg), yet has ASF and med armor.. I mean i guess meleecasters? but im quite sure they generally prefer armor that ups melee dps, not spell. Pretty sure they'd much prefer the whisperchain, which actually has really good enchantments for a meleecaster, and lower enough ASF to reduce to zero with a simple epic augment in another slot.
    Last edited by Shade; 10-06-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Is that Shadowmail supposed to be a joke?
    There is nothing on that that would make it worth getting a 10% casting failure on an arcane and its made of metal so Druids can't wear it.
    So who is it supposed to be for?

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    There is nothing on that that would make it worth getting a 10% casting failure on an arcane and its made of metal so Druids can't wear it.
    Could be the EE version has like.. Improved Twilight or something that removes the spell failure? Otherwise, yeah it's noob bait just like the spell bonuses on Madstone boots.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Could be the EE version has like.. Improved Twilight or something that removes the spell failure? Otherwise, yeah it's noob bait just like the spell bonuses on Madstone boots.
    I was thinking about that too, but if that's the case, why have a norm and hard version?
    It just adds waste to the loot table, making it unnecessarily harder to get the loot you want.

Or you could have a character that has enhancements/gear that reduce it to nothing. Elves or half-elves can fairly easily negate that. Even better if you have splashed something that gives you the armor proficiency for some PRR. I imagine it would work somewhat nicely on those 18/2 sorc/paladins you sometimes see.

All fairly niche, but such niches need a bone every so often, and that looks like the intent here, results however, may vary.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    I could see Artificers wearing it. They haven't got any good spellcasting medium armor yet.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Hero
    USN(ret)
    Chief cook and bottle washer
    Slante'
    Ancient One

Default Wizards orb

Have seen other versions of the orb with corrosion and combustion on them instead of the glaciation.

Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post
    Or you could have a character that has enhancements/gear that reduce it to nothing. Elves or half-elves can fairly easily negate that. Even better if you have splashed something that gives you the armor proficiency for some PRR. I imagine it would work somewhat nicely on those 18/2 sorc/paladins you sometimes see.

All fairly niche, but such niches need a bone every so often, and that looks like the intent here, results however, may vary.
    This.
    Does elves are so weak, that nobody even remembers about their existence and enhancements?

Community Member

The orb looks pretty nice but why do they always have to put spell penetration VIII? Why never IX? Otherwise, that is a pretty nice little weapon/orb.

Please devs, update it to spell pen IX.

Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post

I guess that could be a possibility.
    I don't see why an elven caster would want to waste the points/gear to reduce failure when you can get all that stuff in other gear, but maybe someone would.
    As for sorc/pallies, aren't they better as WF or humans?
    As a human you can't get failure reduction enhancements and WF can't wear the armor.
    So, you are right, the armor is a niche, an extreme niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    I could see Artificers wearing it. They haven't got any good spellcasting medium armor yet.
    I forgot that arties could cast electric spells. Are the spells worth wearing that armor for?

Anyway, instead of trying to make the armor a niche item, limiting the amount of people who want to buy the pack, how about giving the armor wooden property.
    It'll become a solid option for caster druids.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast