Default Armour for Druid as i level?

Hello just TR:d a toon to a druid, have been gone for the game more or less a year.

Now i wonder do any know about good armours ac-wice as i level?

would be awesome to get 1 for say lvl 10 and after that suggestions for 12, 14 , 16, 18, 20 and endgame epic?

(below lvl 10 i will just get a robe of invulnerability and blast to 10)

Why i ask is cause i have gotten a tad confused, is it only leather and hide i will go for?

Or is it some "hidden/named" good armors i could go for?

(dream is good medium armors with nice ac and good physical resistence)

Thanks in advance!

(And yes i will probably just kite and icestorm/firewall most etc etc, but i think it would be fun go for as high ac as possible, therefore i ask

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

I don't know about mid-levels, but I believe you can use dragonscale armor. Dunno what's best for a caster druid, though.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

lvl 1 leather of invulnerability
    lvl 5 lifeshield Skirmish leather armor of invulnerability
    lvl 11 +4(? maybe 5)lifeshield Feycraft leather armor
    lvl 14 Medium blue dragon scale.

Thanks!

So hide armor isnt anything to go for?

Hide armor no longer drops as random lootgen; same with darkleaf breastplate, I think, which can also be worn by druids. Both can still be found left over from pre-U14; but with all the changes to AC and the new armor types, you wouldn't want to use either for long.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Hopefully they'll return along with the mithril and the other missing armors.
    Right now all that drops in the rewards for class is plain leather, not even studded leather.

Surely studded and hide can't be too hard to made skirmish, possibly just a point or two of difference.
    Darkleaf on the other hand is just a breastplate made of wood, no changes there cept hardness.

Yeah, it is ironic Turbine got rid of hide armor at the same time they added a class which actually wants a non-metallic medium armor option. At least you can use dragonscale, but it's a pity you don't have better options than leather while leveling.

BTW, do folks think epic red or Cormyrian green dragonscale is better for epic lvls?

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I don't know about mid-levels, but I believe you can use dragonscale armor. Dunno what's best for a caster druid, though.
    My caster druid is using the Frostflame Robe from the Lordsmarch chain. 20 fire/cold resist, and greater fire/ice lore. Seems pretty ideal for a caster druid at that level (12th).

http://ddowiki.com/page/Frostflame_Robe

The elf-crafted robe from the ancient elven relics is pretty good for a caster druid, too.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Elfcrafted_Robe
    Last edited by Lyria; 09-14-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Depends on the type of druid you are going for. Until level 14, there isn't much that is good, really. Random lootgen stuff works fine, but you can also use Vulkoorim fighting leathers, marilith chain, mummy wrappings...

At level 14, again, depending on your type (dps [wolf], tank [bear], caster) you go for one of three armors IMO:

Parasitic Breastplate (my tank Bearbarian is using this armor and it is amazing, light armor with high bonuses)
    Dragonscale Armor (blue is best for casting, white is good for tanking, black is good for tank or dps)
    Leaves of the Forest (ok, level 15 is the lowest you can use this, but it's good for a tank!)

At epic levels, you can continue using any of the three, but I would switch as soon as possible to either

Epic Red or Green Dragonscale armor
    Leaves of the Forest (epic level version)
    Terrorweb Chitin (AMAZING STUFF!!!!)
    Hide of the Goristro (for an awesome wolf dps)
    Cevon - Nature's Arrow (17 Dru/2 Mnk/1 Wiz HE AA), Shorlong - Pale Master (18 Wiz/2 Monk)
    Gorgnak - Frenzied Barbarian, Krazig - Dark Knight Paladin
    Xanapheia - Fighting Soul (18 FvS/2 Ftr), Addanc - Bearbarian Tank (12 Dru/6 Ftr/2 Brb)
    Thelanis - Leader of The Dark Creed

The Snakeskin Vest is pretty good from an AC standpoint at level 8.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Community Member

Default My Druid

My druid is wearing the Parasitic breast plate upgraded so is my dog.
    Hide armor still drops have vendored plenty of the stuff.
    From level 8 -14 when I was able to don the breastplate I wore level 8 heavy fort robes.
    Before that I was wearing level 4 moderate fort robes.
    Until level 4 had a +4 outfit I wore.
    I have 2 sets of the new Leaves of the Forest armor have not picked weather my rangers or my druid will get one.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Leaves_of_th...%28Level_22%29
    Hide armor that can be made epic does drop in the Lords of Dust
    Rakshasa Hide
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Rakshasa_Hide
    epic
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Rakshasa_Hide
    so do not know where they get it doesn't drop anymore
    chance2000's 2nd acnt Main Smigit f23(LDR5) Xappit 19 tr w,Xsong 20bard,Tamik 3rdlife tr Pally. Smigjr temp R 20, Xappet ar20, S5 20 arti, S6 druid 22, Tamix 20c This acnt Tamix2 20 arti many others Leader Circle Of Destruction of Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dlbc View Post
    Hide armor that can be made epic does drop in the Lords of Dust
    Rakshasa Hide
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Rakshasa_Hide
    epic
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Rakshasa_Hide
    so do not know where they get it doesn't drop anymore
    Rakshasa Hide isn't Hide armor: it's leather armor under a fake name. If it were Hide like Druids want, it would have less dex and give more AC and PPR.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    Rakshasa Hide isn't Hide armor: it's leather armor under a fake name. If it were Hide like Druids want, it would have less dex and give more AC and PPR.
    Clearly that Rakshasa was very thin-skinned...

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    The Snakeskin Vest is pretty good from an AC standpoint at level 8.
    Actually, if you have a druid with any kind of dex bonus, this is a great choice. I haven't anything at level 15 that beats it for pure ac.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    Actually, if you have a druid with any kind of dex bonus, this is a great choice. I haven't anything at level 15 that beats it for pure ac.
    Do you have Parasitic Breastplate? ML 14...

Community Member

Default Korthos Set-Druid

Any recommendation for what to get as a reward?
    Pathfinder maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Stirogi View Post
    Any recommendation for what to get as a reward?
    Pathfinder maybe?
    I always go for Archivist Necklace on my casters; having a free SP clickie will be useful long after the other bonuses from the other sets have been replaced w/better gear.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

I used the snake skin one (from the Lordsmarch chain?), from level 9 until I could wear dragon hide.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kza View Post
    Hello just TR:d a toon to a druid, have been gone for the game more or less a year.

Now i wonder do any know about good armours ac-wice as i level?

would be awesome to get 1 for say lvl 10 and after that suggestions for 12, 14 , 16, 18, 20 and endgame epic?

(below lvl 10 i will just get a robe of invulnerability and blast to 10)

Why i ask is cause i have gotten a tad confused, is it only leather and hide i will go for?

Or is it some "hidden/named" good armors i could go for?

(dream is good medium armors with nice ac and good physical resistence)

Thanks in advance!

(And yes i will probably just kite and icestorm/firewall most etc etc, but i think it would be fun go for as high ac as possible, therefore i ask
    to be honeset, for me, i just go with robe of invulnerable, and at lv5 lifeshield robe of invulnerable all the way till lv16 dragontouched robe. its not class dependent, and you could use some clickies on robe if you looted some coz robes are easy to hotswap.

this setting has followed my tr journey for quite a few lives, never work bad

For Druids with monk splashes an Infused Chaos Robe with +10 reflex crafted.
    Argo: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir