Default Rebirth of a Legend

Quick Note: This is just a journal of a solo toon's first travel to 20, then hopefully another life and possibly a third. This is a flavor toon and build based on upon Lu Bu. Please look kindly upon it! To explain my formatting, there will two types of posts, build posts and story posts. I'll try to keep this updated once a week with storyposts (based vaguly upon both a Tale of Three Kingdoms and what quests I've been running) and build posts when I feel like it. Any critique is welcome, constructive critique will earn +1's if merited, unhelpful critique will be mocked openly and thoroughly!

I awoke from the darkness, quite surprised...What strange lands are these? The last I remember I was bound tightly, tied up by my traitorous servents and delivered to Cao Cao, a roast pig on a platter. I offered my allignence to Cao Cao, I, the mightiest of warriors and most powerful warlords, yet the trecherous Liu Bei whispered in King Wu's ear and I was marched to the gallows.

With my last breathe I cursed Cao Cao for putting me to death in the manner of a shameful bandit to unskilled in his craft to avoid capture! The last sight of my mortal eyes was that of that damned Liu Bei, a look of vicious glee flickering in his eyes. That man tormented me as the noose tightly slowly and the boards loosed under my feet. Thus ended my mortal life, the life of Lu Bu, the Flying General, the mightiest warrior that has ever lived.

Yet it would appear that my story is not destined to end there, a sack of meat swinging gently in the breeze, no more carrion for the flies and maggots. no, my story continues in a place far removed from my homelands, a world more strange then the ancient legends of creation. My story continues in a land called Eberron, on a voyage and under duress from a dragon...

Starting Vetern Status II
    1 Rogue - Power Attack
    2 Monk - Toughness
    3 Fighter - Two Handed Fighting, Cleave
    4 Monk - Improved Sunder
    5 Monk - Fists of Light
    6 Fighter - Weapon Focus Bludgeoning, Great Cleave
    7 Fighter

Starting Stats
    Str:18
    Dex:12
    Con:16
    Int:10
    Wis:12
    Cha:6

Race: Half Orc

-Enhancements*-
    Fighter Haste Boost I
    Rogue Skill Boost I
    Orcish Melee Damage I/II
    Orcish Strength I
    Way of the Clever Monkey I
    Monk Improved Recovery I
    Racial Toughness I/II
    Rogue Sneak Attack Training I
    Improved Disable Device I
    Improved Search I
    Fighter Strength I
    Monk Wisdom I
    Fighter Toughness I

-Gear-
    Head: Wise +4 Hat
    Eyes: Attack Bonus +1 Goggles
    Neck: Nimble Brooch
    Trinket: -Empty-
    Body: Fearsome OUtfit of Invulnerablity
    Wrists: Black Widow Bracers
    Hands: Ogre Power +4 Gloves
    Back: -Empty-
    Waist: Health +4 Belt
    Finger1: Ring of Troll's Regeneration
    Finger2: -Empty-
    Feet: Krugg's Spiked Boots

*Note these are not final enhancements, just ones taken for leveling ease
    Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    It was causing server-crippling lag due to an issue with how much kobolds hate boxes.

I really never played a monk, would like to know what is the weapon focus (blugeong) for. I know you are focusing strength and not wisdom, but you should really consider taking stunning blow or/and stunning fists, they can be very healpful for lvling (and at cap too).

About the gear, what lv is that setup for? I really dont think the ring of troll regeneration worth using.
    Last edited by Ellihor; 09-07-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Lu Bu...Cao Cao...I thought I was the only one nerdy enough to know those names. Now I'm interested.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post
    I really never played a monk, would like to know what is the weapon focus (blugeong) for. I know you are focusing strength and not wisdom, but you should really consider taking stunning blow or/and stunning fists, they can be very healpful for lvling (and at cap too).

About the gear, what lv is that setup for? I really dont think the ring of troll regeneration worth using.
    The bludgeoning weapon focus is for the fists.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post

Please pardon if this is formatted weirdly, I managed (yet again... -.-) to get my forum UI stuck in german

My intended end game build is 12Fighter/6Monk/2Rogue for the first life. The WF:Blungeon is a prereq for Kensei I.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    Lu Bu...Cao Cao...I thought I was the only one nerdy enough to know those names. Now I'm interested.
    I'm afraid I wasted way too much time trying to defeat AI Lu Bu in Dynasty Warriors... *cough*
    Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    It was causing server-crippling lag due to an issue with how much kobolds hate boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bzzzt View Post
    Please pardon if this is formatted weirdly, I managed (yet again... -.-) to get my forum UI stuck in german

My intended end game build is 12Fighter/6Monk/2Rogue for the first life. The WF:Blungeon is a prereq for Kensei I.

I'm afraid I wasted way too much time trying to defeat AI Lu Bu in Dynasty Warriors... *cough*
    I spent Many hours playing Romance of the 3 Kingdoms (Dragon of Destiny) on my old SNES. Fond Memories. I even found a movie based on the life of Zhao Yun and watched a few years ago (Was in chinese with english subtitles). Cao Cao made a brief appearance in that movie, but not Lu Bu.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bzzzt View Post

Oh, that explains everything. You posted only until lv 7 so i tought the other lvs were monk.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    I spent Many hours playing Romance of the 3 Kingdoms (Dragon of Destiny) on my old SNES. Fond Memories. I even found a movie based on the life of Zhao Yun and watched a few years ago (Was in chinese with english subtitles). Cao Cao made a brief appearance in that movie, but not Lu Bu.
    Huh, so did I. Although I haven't thought about that game in years, I loved Zhao Yun. He like never lost for me. LOL Looked kinda like Wolverine as I recall too.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

op, interesting idea adding the story bits.

One suggestion - could you please alter the font colors so they are easier to read? the red and green really blend into the dark back ground. A lighter color would be much easier on aging eyes.
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

soloing a melee to 20 does not sound like fun...

btw red colored fonts are hard to read.
    Outatime Exodus-Cradle of Life:Thelanis
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM