Community Member

Default More inclusive not exclusive ED benefits

I see the reasoning behind making certain epic destinies favor one class over another but the question is why? Allow the bonuses of an epic destiny not be so specific. Some of the epic destinies work this way but some of them are very specific for certain classes.

For example, Arcane study/draconic/Celestial destiny/ bloodline/vigor of battle passive bonuses

Why CL bonuses that affect those specific classes? Can't see any harm in allowing any class to benefit from CL increases. The list could go on. The benefits should be universal not specific for the most part, we want more customization not less correct? (without unbalancing of course)

Wink Agreed! Let me have my str based monk

Quote Originally Posted by goodoldxelos View Post
    Allow the bonuses of an epic destiny not be so specific.... we want more customization not less correct? (without unbalancing of course)
    I totally agree on your suggestion to make epic destiny benefits more general.

For example, my monk is strength based, not wisdom. So I took the so-called fighter destiny which emphasizes strength, power attack and damage boosts. Unfortunately, most of the benefits explicitly exclude handwraps. Why? What's the point? Because monks should only benefit from one ED?

If we wanted cookie-cutter builds we'd play a different MMO.

thanks
    Why not invite your spouse to play?

/signed

Allowing people to make a variety of unusual yet viable builds is one of the best aspects of this game. ED's dropped the ball in this respect. Twists of fate help a bit, but it's not the same as being able to multiclass. You can only really have one ED, so the benefits ought to be applicable to various classes/builds.

agreed fully. Silly how it makes us not only grind destinies we don't need just to benefit the ones we do, but even the destiny we settle in we can't reap the full benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycaren View Post
    I totally agree on your suggestion to make epic destiny benefits more general.

For example, my monk is strength based, not wisdom. So I took the so-called fighter destiny which emphasizes strength, power attack and damage boosts. Unfortunately, most of the benefits explicitly exclude handwraps. Why? What's the point? Because monks should only benefit from one ED?

If we wanted cookie-cutter builds we'd play a different MMO.

thanks
    +1 this is absolutely right.

Also, why should i lose my ED xp if i don't want to gimp my toon using another one from the start? Let me get my ED xp on the secondary destiny automatically, when a decent ability gets unlocked i may use a twist of fate, or not.
    My choice, my customization.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this <--- 2020 edition!

Community Member

I agree with the OP. 100%
    Yes, some enhancements should be specific benefit to the classes but not all. Unfortunately, I love the autogrants from about 5 trees but cannot use the other enhancements at all.

"Also, why should i lose my ED xp if i don't want to gimp my toon using another one from the start? Let me get my ED xp on the secondary destiny automatically, when a decent ability gets unlocked i may use a twist of fate, or not.
    My choice, my customization."

Worst Idea I have heard this year.

It is a challenge, that is what games are for. If everything was easy and overpowered, it is boring.
    One of the reasons that you should grind each destiny is that you can learn the benefits and see if they actually work for your build. Just reading the description doesn't always let you know how it works or can be fully utiilized.

Community Member

Think we need to keep this topic alive, maybe the devs will make the EDs more inclusive.

Community Member OverlordOfRats's Avatar

They should change the ability increase (+1 INT or +1 CHR) from a choice of two to a choice of all six.

Community Member

I see where you're coming from. On the other hand, before they can re-think the destinies, they could at least FIX the many bugs in them. I did pay a reasonable amount of tps for this, and guess what, all the abilities i actually wanted on my main don't work. It's still has good solid augmentation as far as build and stats go, ok, but pretty much all of shadow dancer clickies are broken or are capped to uselessness. I do agree with you however, there should be some more inclusive effects, my Pally for instance will have to LR into a Defender of syberis, because lets face it, Unyielding Sentinel is an AC build at it's best. going KotC makes little sense after 20 now. Hopefully some of that will be fixed on the coming patch, but one can only hope so much.

I'm glad they implemented it, don't get me wrong. I just wish they would think about this kind of stuff instead of just releasing it this way and making DDO go even further down the Min/Max road.

I approve of this thread.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero;
    Epic Destiny: The Primal Avatar

A new epic destiny is available! The Primal Avatar adds a hybrid spellcaster and melee destiny to the Primal Sphere. This destiny supports many play-styles and includes options for melee, spellcasting, healing, and supportive roles. Primal Avatar offers options to enhance fighting with two weapons or while in animal forms, as well as enhancing pets and summons. With the Primal Avatar you can:
    Gather the power of the spirits to you and call upon them to bolster your magical and martial capabilities.
    Increase your Druidic or Ranger caster levels.
    Use your harnessed spiritual power to slip through the world unseen by your foes.
    Call forth natural allies to enhance and aid your party members.
    Draw inspiration and power from the four seasons, and unleash nature's wrath on your enemies.
    Become as strong as an oak as you train in Primal Avatar until you can shape-change into a powerful plant-based form.
    I see their reason for doing this, but I hate to say it, the creativity bar has been set quite low...