Community Member

Default Creating new accounts needs to work

I normally dont write in forums. As any other player i just sit by and read what 1% of the community types in but im truly amazed to see how little accurate info there is about how to make a new account.

I have been trying to start up two accounts, one for my wife and one for myself.

Basicly after having read miles of support text I end up at sending a support ticket in order to get an account key mailed to me. This after i have tried all the different suggested options... Just click *HERE* to get your free account.. Yeah.. Right!
    Is it really that hard to give people a key generator for the free DDO? If its easy to get into people will sign up and many will go VIP. As it is now I wouldnt recommend any of my friends to sign up just because of the account services.

It takes 2-3 !! Days to get a free account key. Really developers... You are loosing tons of customers.

Please take a look into this matter and make it smooth to get into your game.

//Rallarsving

You need a key for an account...? Have you tried going to www.ddo.com fill in the forms, go to your email and click the download link?

Thats what you need to do, nothing else.

Once you're done downloading, log in with your ACCOUNT name on the ddo launcher.
    -The mash on Argo
    In Soviet Russia Shroud trust in YOU!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrargh View Post
    You need a key for an account...? Have you tried going to www.ddo.com fill in the forms, go to your email and click the download link?

Thats what you need to do, nothing else.

Once you're done downloading, log in with your ACCOUNT name on the ddo launcher.
    Been there, tried it out.

Try yourself and if you manage how to make it work - please tell me how.

//Rallarsving

Community Member

Since i got the reply i just hade to try it..

Registrations says:

SORRY!

REGISTRATION FAILURE

We regret that we are unable to complete your
    registration at this time.

Code:

BBCx0254

Has been like this for a long period of time according to what i read on the forum.

//Rallarsving

Community Member

This is what the support says about the error code:

Registration Failure We regret that we are unable to complete your registration at this time. Code(s): BBCx0254 BBCx0241

We are aware that some players experience an issue creating new accounts, and apologize for the inconvenience.

We recommend using a different email address to set up your account.

If doing so doesn't work, please see the post here for more information.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If you click *here* you get this information:

Internet Browser Info
    When viewing or making changes to Turbine websites please be sure you’re using Internet Explorer 6,7 or 8 (in Compatibility Mode) or Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or higher. On alternate browsers (ie. Chrome, Safari or Opera) strange or incorrect behavior may be experienced.

Account Creation from Game Launcher
    Please note that the Account Creation page linked from the game launcher may error out in some rare cases. In that instance new players who need to create a Turbine account and DDO subscription can use this link: https://trial.turbine.com/ddo.php

Also, enabling all cookies may allow you to create an account. You can turn them (all) off again once the account is created.

Error Creating Account
    If you are receiving error (such as #FTx3ft57) when you try to create a new DDO account, please contact the Account Management department for assistance. Unfortunately, we don't have a web work around for this error at this time.

Adding DDO (or AC) to an Existing Turbine Account
    If you would like to add another subscription to an existing Turbine account, please contact the Account Management department via phone or email and they will be happy to assist. We do apologize, but we don't currently have an automated option to do this on the website.

For either issue you can call or email. Information for both is in my signature.
    Email turn around for assistance with this is expedited (generally within 1 business day), as long as you contact the Account Management department by submitting a ticket from this page and in the "Type of Issue" drop down menu select: "Free Key Request"

Be sure you're submitting the request on the support page for the game you want. If you want a LOTRO key, submit a LOTRO request page. For a DDO key, submit a DDO request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And that is as far as i ever get.

Having emailed the request for a new free to play account key im hoping to get one around wednesday.

Still, this is nothing i would wish new players to experience. Or is it just me having problems? In that case i'll be quiet and go hide

//Rallarsving

Just made a dummy account by going to www.ddo.com and filling in all the fields, no problems logging into ddo with the new account...

I can't imagine how you can go wrong there... click the link, fill it out, download the game and log in with the account name and password you wrote in those fields.

*edited* typo
    -The mash on Argo
    In Soviet Russia Shroud trust in YOU!

Community Member

I enter ddo.com
    I click a link on a "sign" saying:
    Reay to jump
    into the action?
    Play free now!

This bring me to where you download the game, and where you should be able to create your account:

-----------------------------------------------------
    Before playing DDO for the first time you must create a FREE account.

Please note if you have not created your Turbine game account yet you can follow the onscreen instructions during the installation to create one or via the “Click HERE to to get started” link below. If you already have a Turbine account created you can skip that step when installing the game from these downloads.

Questions about the downloads here? See the “Pando Media Booster” FAQ here.

Click HERE to get started!
    -----------------------------------------------------

Pressing Click HERE sends me to a signup form at http://signup.ddo.com

I fill in the form and..... receive the answer:

SORRY!

REGISTRATION FAILURE

We regret that we are unable to complete your
    registration at this time.

Code:

BBCx0254

Try a new email address.

Community Member

Problem solved!!

Spoke to a friend while trying this out. It seems that an ISP in sweden with mail adresses telia.com
    is blocking the respons from ddo.

Rawrargh thank you for being persistent and helpful not letting me give up!

Also a heads up for new swedish players - Try using a mail adress from a different ISP! (gloclanet worked for me!)

//Rallarsving
    now hiding

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rallarsving View Post
    Internet Browser Info
    When viewing or making changes to Turbine websites please be sure you’re using Internet Explorer 6,7 or 8 (in Compatibility Mode) or Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or higher. On alternate browsers (ie. Chrome, Safari or Opera) strange or incorrect behavior may be experienced.
    aha! so its my chrome browser! gotcha. fire up firefox...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outlandman View Post
    aha! so its my chrome browser! gotcha. fire up firefox...
    well, that didnt work. for some reason java is not working with my firefox browser and when I tried in IE, I got an error message. Finally got a free ticket from support, created my new account. Yay!

Now I try to log into my account so I can make it VIP. tried all 3 browsers, reset my password 3 times, but I always get "username and password combination not valid"

Community Member

Default mail

I have not even gotten the email welcoming me to the game, much less a key code. For a free game, they sure don't want anyone playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhuu View Post
    I have not even gotten the email welcoming me to the game, much less a key code. For a free game, they sure don't want anyone playing.
    There is no key required to play the game. There are keys to upgrade subscriptions and such, but if you created an account from the ddo sign up page immediately after you should be able to type it into the launcher. Afaik there is no welcome to DDO email.

Edit: Seems I did get a welcome email... May just take a few to get to your email, misentered correct information, or did not press sign up or something.
    Last edited by Erofen; 12-17-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (30 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Rallarsving View Post
    Problem solved!!

Spoke to a friend while trying this out. It seems that an ISP in sweden with mail adresses telia.com
    is blocking the respons from ddo.

Rawrargh thank you for being persistent and helpful not letting me give up!

Also a heads up for new swedish players - Try using a mail adress from a different ISP! (gloclanet worked for me!)

//Rallarsving
    now hiding
    I tried this a week or so ago, was still getting the error code. I tried all kinds of email addresses, from free disposable to my ISP. Either Turbine are banning entire ISP's or individual IP's, we would need to know what those codes mean.