Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default For sale/auction lvl70+ guild with lvl 80 Airship.

Auction has ended. Thanks very much to all who participated and congratulations to the winner!

For Sale: Level 70+ guild with Windspyre Gryphon Airship. Will rename to suit you.
    Only one on the market! (far as i know)

Its for AUCTION so place bids in this thread.

After several requests, Ill consider private bids if people wish to remain anonymous as long as I either a) know who you are or b) you can have someone I know and trust vouch for you.

The auction will be up for 1 week, with the end time on 8/25/12 at 1PM EST (1800H GMT).

I will extend the auction length by 1 hour for any bids that come in with one hour or less of the end time, so no sniping! I will post the current high bid at least once each day in this OP.

Bids are to be in PLAT, however, Large devil Scales, Flawless Red Dragon Scales, and Flawless Green Dragon Scales, and 100 stacks of major mnemonic pots will be considered in lieu of plat at the following valuations:

1lds =150k plat
    1frds = 350kplat
    1fgds= 650kplat
    100 Major Mnemonic Potions = 500kplat
    Last edited by Shmuel; 08-28-2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: updating high bid
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Out of curiosity, are you the leader?

of the guild for sale, yes

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    of the guild for sale, yes
    OK, myddo doesn't show you as leader. Hence the question.

I'm not interested, sorry.

Not trying to ruffle your feathers, but when I see a thread like this, without more amplifying info, I get a little apprehensive and curious.

Fair enough, questions are fine. My alt on my alt account is the leader of the guild for sale it is no longer active hence my main toons are in this one. I believe it is against forum policy to name toons and/or guilds in threads , so I left those out. Anyone wanting those details send me a PM. Nothing devious about this.

So let me get this straight....
    1. Make a guild
    2. Invite friends and random people
    3. Have them do ton of work level guild
    4. .....
    5. Profit from all those people's hard work

-----
    Bid 1cp
    So your guilders might get a leader who isnt a chump who pimps out their hard work.
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    So let me get this straight....
    1. Make a guild
    2. Invite friends and random people
    3. Have them do ton of work level guild
    4. .....
    5. Profit from all those people's hard work

-----
    Bid 1cp
    So your guilders might get a leader who isnt a chump who pimps out their hard work.
    That is a wild assumption. He said the guild is no longer active and that he is splitting the proceeds with others. I suspect it was a small guild of players who built it up and now want to cash out.

You could be right, but that is an aggressive accusation. Do you have any proof he did this?

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    That is a wild assumption. He said the guild is no longer active and that he is splitting the proceeds with others. I suspect it was a small guild of players who built it up and now want to cash out.

You could be right, but that is an aggressive accusation. Do you have any proof he did this?
    Has guild with 187 members , now selling said guild.

What more proof would you like?

more proof than 187 members ... they could be dummys left over from farming build your guild event..dont remember but if thats the astral diamond airship... that could be another reason for so many accts in guild
    Last edited by 9Crows; 08-18-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Ok I will bite: how do you know how many members he has? He never posted the name of the guild.

The guild size listed on various pages often includes accounts that are no longer in it. Your 'proof' doesn't even state which guild you are referencing.

Shmu, is this the old BDH guild?

If so, as an outsider, not really sure why gondor built that guild up with a very solid rep, left for SWOTR, came back leveled up Firefly and had the BDH dudes jump ship to the new one. He lose 'leader' status for prolonged absence and successor wouldn't give it back?

I won't pretend to know any of the politics involved, just surprised to see it unfold this way. When I started this game, Big **** Heroes was the shizzle. If it is BDH up for sale, sad to see it go down like this.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

Quote Originally Posted by apep1412 View Post
    The guild size listed on various pages often includes accounts that are no longer in it. Your 'proof' doesn't even state which guild you are referencing.
    Does that matter? Not in my opinion. Still profiting off of the sweat of 186 other people's work.
    ----

. Has guild with 187 members , now selling said guild.

Ok I will bite: how do you know how many members he has? He never posted the name of the guild.
    True could be another level 70 guild he owns , that he farmed all by himself.

Default Omg!

The majority of you have made some pretty wild and incorrect assumptions here, casting me in a pretty unpleasant light. Lucky for you I have too many vulgar language based infractions lately to tell you what I want to regarding these accusations.
    For almost everyone- you are dead wrong and if you think you had enough information to judge it you should seriously reconsider how easily you are convinced of stuff. Learn to be a bit more skeptical before you take your assumptions and consider them facts. That's just some RL advice. Teh_Meh had a couple things right, especially about how awesome we are, but correctly stated he didn't know enough about the internal politics of it.

The guild for sale is BDH. BDH current guild leader is Willsson, which is a toon on a 2nd account I have. The guild will be renamed to whatever you want upon sale. Keeping it as BDH is not an option cause that our reputation. If you choose nothing, maybe I'll rename it "The Amazing Purple Wolves". Obviously the guild was built up over a long time by many people. There is no backstabbing going on. Yes Gondore left BDH and the game in general for SWTOR and made me leader then came back. Rather than simply taking over BDH again he decided (and I agreed) that another option would be better.

When the build your guild event happened, We determined that with the large number of inactive or very very rarely active accounts we would have an easier time leveling to 85 from scratch using a few active people (mostly Gondore, let's give credit where its due) and taking advantage of the event bonuses and very small guild bonuses. That is where Firefly came from. He became the guild leader of Firefly, and we decided to move all the active people to Firefly once it hit 85. After that, BDH was essentially dead and had very few accounts left, none of which were even remotely active. I discussed this issue even with the inactive people that were left.

Rather than letting it disappear into cyberspace, considering it took a while to build that guild up, we are offering it for sale. I am just doing the sale since someone had to be the point person. Gondore and I have discussed what would be a reasonable way to distribute whatever we get form the sale, and I personally plan to make sure that all the people who helped to build BDH, and stuck with it over the years (including sticking with Firefly which is essentially the same guild) get some portion of the proceeds and/or have some chance at a distribution if some of the proceeds get decided with a die roll or something.

Notice no none from our actual guild has been on here with concerns or issues. Just the rest of you with your panties in a knot.

If you want to debate the ethics/economics/fairness etc of a sale like this I suggest that someone start a thread in Argo-Guilds forum. Otherwise, I respectfully request that if you post in this thread that you do so to make a bid on the offer for sale. If you want more information to satisfy your troubled consciences them PM me.
    Last edited by Shmuel; 08-18-2012 at 01:50 PM.

sorry if what I typed prompted you to type all that out. all guilds go through this stuff eventually, it's just a function of time. not judging at all. never ran across a BDH dude I didn't like. All good players.

For anyone who may be skeptical, I know these guys somewhat. Raided with them many times. Gondor (guild leader) always a fair, helpful dude and I'm sure he build it up/surrounded himself with like-minded. I wouldn't sweat the integrity of the offer at all. If I had the personal wealth to buy it myself, I would.
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM

Maarl it was more the others than you. Ty for the kind words though. Hopefully catch you around in game soon.

What if a previous BDH member buys it for his second account, would you have to rename it then?

Not saying that I want it, but since everyone else seems to be shouting at the wind about this, I figured I jump in and stir the pot.

/poke

Maarl it was more the others than you. Ty for the kind words though. Hopefully catch you around in game soon.
    cool man. I really miss end game/raiding. 1.5 more lives on this TR project for 'Pot' then I hope to look for the all old names again.

good luck with the sale. it's not every day a LVL 70 guild goes on the block.

What if a previous BDH member buys it for his second account, would you have to rename it then?

Not saying that I want it, but since everyone else seems to be shouting at the wind about this, I figured I jump in and stir the pot.

/poke
    If I was Gondor, I'd let the BDH name go (let Black have it) and rename Firefly to 'Big Bastard Sword Heroes'. There's no way they can 'purple wolves' that. and it would be a cool way to claim back what was rightfully yours.

19. 08-19-2012, 04:04 AM

Reason
    insulting

Lucky for you I have too many vulgar language based infractions lately to tell you what I want to regarding these accusations.
    I don't xD

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post

/poke

Regardless, if you interested shoot me a PM or find me ingame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast