Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    So you rather have this?

My eyes, my eyes! They're burning!

You are an evil person, Lightbear.
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

Quote Originally Posted by donblas View Post
    I've no idea what the heck they were thinking with those giant shoulder pads in the new armours.

Really ugly and looks totally non-functional.

Donblas' rating: Bleargh!
    Ever seen WoW? I heard it's pretty popular. It also has humongous shoulder guards.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by deahamlet View Post
    I am a woman. I live on the 19th floor. I run mostly female characters.

And I really like more skin and love some of the new kits. The OP's picture... the only issue I have is that the shoulder thing kind of looks weird.

OP can choose from the other armor kits that do not show skin. Don't ruin MY options by clamoring to remove or change armor kits that have some skin.
    I'd be glad to use other kits, but hardly any other armor kits exist that fully cover a character. Bare mid-drift, plunging necklines, and more. Heavy Armors tend to be better, but they still have issues in my opinion.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

I refuse to spend money on an armor kit that makes my female characters look like some second-rate artist's idea of a medieval ho-bag who belongs more on the side of a van then any place else.

Nice to see that Turbine is helping me save money with the new ones as well. Thanks, Turbine!
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Who designs and approves these armor styles. Reminds me of the '90s comics books where every other hero would have dozens of pockets for no reason. Now DDO has huge shoulder guards and striper outfits. Then this game is still using the one use only cosmetic kits. Still not giving me a reason to buy these armor kits.

If Turbine is running out of ideas for armor take them from lotro at least thiers are for better then most of ddo designs and take their cosmetic system as well.
    HEY, I'M TRYING TO SOLVE THAT!
    STOP TOUCHING MY PUZZLE!
    TOUCH MY PUZZLE ONE MORE TIME AND YOU'LL BE SORRY!
    PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS GAME -- I QUIT! AND YOU SHALL DIE!

Definitely liking the Blue Whorl 2 on Heavy Armor and the Dark Steel Spider 2 on Heavy Armor, but yeah, some of the shoulder pads are getting a bit out of control.

Didn't like the Purple Dragon Knight armor at first when I finally got it, but it grew on me after a bit. Crazy shoulder pads on every heavy armor style however is overdoing it.
    Argonnessen

Nyess Malwyss Daireann Tylesia Shideh

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    See those shoulder pads? Those are a deal breaker for me.

What is also a deal breaker is skulls. Whoever the designer is has a skull fetish.
    Mismatched, oversized shoulder pads or Kiss boots are deal breakers for me. They are overused and look awful.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Memnir again.

A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Not that I'm suggesting the makers of Soul Calibur 4 are champions of modesty or anything. (Google Ivy Valentine and see what, comes up...) but compare and contrast Hilde, whose armour they got right.

One elaborately detailed, but not overly huge shoulder pad and not a spot of cleavage or inner thigh in sight. She wears the helmet in battle too.

Sensible plate mail is sensible.
    [/post]

Bull 2 on Cavalry Plate looks amazing for people that want a nice, yet realistic armor for female toons.

Default Here is spider1 on light armor

Quote Originally Posted by deahamlet View Post
    {snip}

And I really like more skin and love some of the new kits. The OP's picture... the only issue I have is that the shoulder thing kind of looks weird.
    Here you go dea. Spider 1 on light armor in dark steel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Here you go dea. Spider 1 on light armor in dark steel.
    YAY! Thank you

Someone *ahem* should post all these the zee wiki.
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

2016, 2018 Player Council Member Ziindarax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mathermune View Post
    Not that I'm suggesting the makers of Soul Calibur 4 are champions of modesty or anything. (Google Ivy Valentine and see what, comes up...) but compare and contrast Hilde, whose armour they got right.

One elaborately detailed, but not overly huge shoulder pad and not a spot of cleavage or inner thigh in sight. She wears the helmet in battle too.

This!

Edited for posterity - while there are some armor kits that are fairly modest, I believe there are a bit too many armor skins that are on the line of skimpy. That being said, I agree with and /sign on an option to show/not-show a character's skin when wearing armor kits.
    Last edited by Ziindarax; 08-10-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Posterity.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    This!

I can understand some armor kits being revealing, but I think I have to agree with the OP that having every armor kit released so far looking as though Hugh Heffner (Founder of Playboy [and adult-oriented company] for those of you who don't know who he is) had a heavy hand in the design process is starting to get ridiculous. Customization is cool, but I think you (turbine) are starting to take the revealing-armor bit much too far; at least make some cosmetic kits that make armor resemble something like the above.

Also, /sign on the suggestion to add a "reveal/don't reveal skin" option.
    Noir has linked quite a few kits that cover every inch of skin so please to note that your "EVERY ARMOR KIT" comment is bogus and complete fabrication and not truth. And whatever other way I can convey that you are exaggerating and nowhere within the parameters of reality.
    Toons on Orien:

Quote Originally Posted by Mathermune View Post

That is heavy armor. Any sensible/realistic leather armor?
    Toons on Orien:

2016, 2018 Player Council Member Ziindarax's Avatar

I stand corrected (editing now).

In any case, there are too many armor kits (IMO) that are a bit unrealistic, and I still think an option for revealing (or not revealing) skin would make everyone happy. Male characters who want to bear some muscles, could, and female characters can look modest if they so choose.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Community Member

Well hey, at least the shoulder pads help distract you from the fact your female character is wearing her underwear to battle.

Quote Originally Posted by porq View Post
    Well hey, at least the shoulder pads help distract you from the fact your female character is wearing her underwear to battle.
    Who said I wanted to be distracted from that?

Quote Originally Posted by porq View Post
    Yeah! The dudes will TOTALLY be staring at her shoulders. As intended, no doubt!

A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Default Whorl 1 in Dark Steel on light

Whorl without the merit badge sash.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast