Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Arrow U15 Beta - New Named Items Guide

Eveningstar Challenges addditions - 3 upgradeable cloaks:

Level 24 versions:

Cloak of the Bear:
    Sheltering +9, Protection +7, Ex Combat Mastery +6, Incite +20%
    Cost: 1600 Golden Lions, 3200 Silver Falcons, 1600 Moss, 1600 Toadstools, Mithral Bear Cloak (Previous lvl20 tier)

Cloak of the Wolf:
    Exceptional Seeker +5, Dodge 4%, Attack Bonus +4, Diversion 20%
    Cost: 800 Platinum Tricrowns, 4000 copper (new ingrd), 1600 Moss, 1600 Toadstools, Mithral Wolf Cloak (Previous lvl20 tier)

Cloak of the Dragon:
    Spellcasting Implement +18, Potentcy +76, Spell Focus Mastery +2, Stealth Strike
    Cost: 1600 Golden Lions, 800 Platinum Tricrowns, 1600 Moss, 1600 Toadstools, Mithral Dragon Cloak (Previous lvl20 tier)

Lower level versions:
    Mithral cloak of bear (ML20)
    Sheltering +6, Protection +6, Ex Combat Mastery +5, Incite +20%
    Cost: 400 Golden lions, 1600 Silver falcons, 800 Enchanted moss, 800 Fey toadstool, 1 Iron cloak of bear

Mithral cloak of the wolf (ML20)
    Exceptional seeker +4, Dodge Bonus 3%, Attack Bonus +3, Diversion 20%
    Cost: 400 Platinum tricrowns, 2000 Copper thumbs, 800 Enchanted moss, 800 Fey toadstool, 1 Iron cloak of the wolf

Mithral cloak of the dragon (ML20)
    Spellcasting implement +15 Potency +60, Spellfocus mastery +1, Stealth strike 15%
    Cost: 400 Golden lions, 400 Platinum tricrowns, 800 Enchanted moss, 800 Fey toadstool, 1 Iron cloak of the dragon

Iron cloak of bear (ML16)
    Sheltering +3, Protection +5, Ex Combat Mastery +4, Incite +20%
    Cost: 400 Golden lions, 800 Silver falcons, 400 Enchanted moss, 400 Fey toadstool

Iron cloak of the wolf (ML16)
    Exceptional Seeker +3, Dodge Bonus 2%, Attack Bonus +2, Diversion 20%
    Cost: 200 Platinum tricrowns, 1000 Copper thumbs, 400 Enchanted moss, 400 Fey toadstool

Iron cloak of the dragon (ML16)
    Spellcasting Implement +12, Potency +52, Spellfocus mastery +1, Stealth strike 15%
    400 Golden lions, 200 Platinum tricrowns, 400 Enchanted moss, 400 Fey toadstool

These are from the challenge vendor.
    In addition, other new stuff he offers:
    Superior X potions (inferno, etc)
    Resistance 30 potions
    Ability to trade in unwanted random challenge rewards for a "reduced ingredient return".

Additions to Commendation traders:
    They now all offer the ability to trade one type of commendation for another.

Druid Corruption Pack Items:

Quote Originally Posted by Feather
    There's six versions of each item. Casual and Normal difficulties share the same one.

Heroic Casual/Normal - Minimum Level 15
    Heroic Hard - Minimum Level 16
    Heroic Elite - Minimum Level 17
    Epic Casual/Normal - Minimum Level 22
    Epic Hard - Minimum Level 23
    Epic Elite - Minimum Level 24
    Format: Item Name - Type - Relevant base stats - Enchantments - [ml, bind] - (Quest it drops in. Location it drops in.)

(Some Unverified items, came from devs):

Heroic Casual/Normal - Minimum Level 15 items:
    Swailing Blade - Scimitar
    Thunderstorm Crescent - Sickle
    Wall of Wood - Heavy Shield
    Corruption of Nature - Rune Arm
    Leave of the Forest - Scalemail made from Darkwood. (Medium Armor) -
    Forester's Brush Hook - Kama
    Ivy Wraps - Handwraps

Heroic Hard - Minimum Level 16 items:

Heroic Elite - Minimum Level 17 items:

Epic Casual/Normal - Minimum Level 22 items:
    Leaves of the Forest: Scalemail made from Darkwood. (Medium Armor) - Armor: 17, Dex: 10, +6, Rough Hide +4, Heavy Fortification, Exceptional Fortificaiton (25%), Insight Con +2, Insight Wisdom +2. [ML22, BtCoE] (Thorn and Paw. End Chest)
    Livewood Core - Docent:
    Thunderstorm Crescent - Sickle:
    Wall of Wood - Heavy Shield:
    Forester's Brush Hook - Kama:
    Ivy Wraps - Handwraps:
    Fire Break - Half Plate: (The Druid's Curse. Underwater optional chest after the Drow.)

Epic Hard - Minimum Level 23 items:
    Livewood Core - Docent:
    Swailing Blade - Scimitar:
    Ivy Wraps - Handwraps:
    Corruption of Nature - Rune Arm:
    Fire Break - Half Plate:

Epic Elite - Minimum Level 24 items:
    Livewood Core - Docent:
    Ivy Wraps - Handwraps:
    Fire Break - Half Plate: (The Druid's Curse. Underwater optional chest after the Drow.)
    Last edited by Shade; 08-15-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: item added

comments on new cloaks:

Pretty nice for most builds.. Though as always for my build it seems a hard choice, id prefer the dps option, yet that lowers my thread, and as a dps-tank thats kinda important. Also competes with the extremely powerful envenomed cloak + abishai set, so i dunno id use any of em on my main barb atm.

Costs are quite high, but the items power is relatively top of the line, so probably fair.

Community Member

The potency on that cloak is 2 points lower than a majority of single spell damage type pre-update epic items. I am rather disappointed in that.

I would still gun for these on some of my characters, I just wish the existing epic items weren't rendered obsolete like this.

Community Member

New pair of handwraps can be found in Caught in the Web. Rejoice monks (hopefully )
    Teth - Ascendance

Old School n00b that used to be pretty good at the game.

Very nice, I have several characters that will be going for the wolf cloak. The other two are also quite solid. I would have preferred some items with 120+ typed rather than potency on that dragon cloak though.

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    New pair of handwraps can be found in Caught in the Web. Rejoice monks (hopefully )
    There is? There is???

Quote Originally Posted by xtethx View Post
    new pair of handwraps can be found in caught in the web. Rejoice monks (hopefully )
    ssoidh
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Cloak of the Dragon:
    Spellcasting Implement +18, Potentcy +76, Spell Focus Mastery +2, Stealth Strike
    Cost: 1600 Golden Lions, 800 Platinum Tricrowns, 1600 Moss, 1600 Toadstools, Mithral Dragon Cloak (Previous lvl20 tier)
    How much do these lvl20 tier cloaks cost(mats) and what are their mods?
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    So yea looks like they listened and put a few named items into the Eveningstar challenges. Though it's just 3 upgradeable cloaks:

Level 24 versions:

Cloak of the Wolf:
    Exceptional Seeker +5, Dodge 4%, Attack Bonus +4, Diversion 20%
    Cost: 800 Platinum Tricrowns, 4000 copper (new ingrd), 1600 Moss, 1600 Toadstools, Mithral Wolf Cloak (Previous lvl20 tier)

More to come.. Submit some pics.
    Interesting...

So, if you can set up your strength to be odd fully buffed, taking off the abishai set only brings you down an effective 2 strength...

Might not be a bad idea to go with the exceptional seeker +5 and free up the abishai set entirely.

That threat reduction kinda stinks however

Ideas ideas

Looks really, really strong.

Oh and in before someone says 'why no Cleric one why turbine hate hjeelers???'. (Obviously the Dragon one is pretty impressive on divines).

Somewhat odd that the tanky one has the exceptional combat mastery IMO - while tank characters get some use out of it, melees that are DPS focused tend to have more Strength and so better DCs.

I must say though, I love that the higher DPS one has the -threat on it. There are times you really, really, really don't want anyone pulling aggro, and this cloak's existence helps with that.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

For adamantine cloak of the wolf no reason at all to be there -20% threat. Change it please . It is a dps cloak.
    All the rest are very good cloaks certainly i will find a way to fit on my builds.
    One Monk To Gimp Them All
    Europe Devourer Beta Player
    Arise Founder
    Daemus, Daemons, Daemonicus Thelanis Server

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deamus View Post
    For adamantine cloak of the wolf no reason at all to be there -20% threat. Change it please . It is a dps cloak.
    All the rest are very good cloaks certainly i will find a way to fit on my builds.
    There are actually some DPS builds that don't want aggro, in which case the -threat helps them greatly. Take, for example, just about any rogue build in the game.

I'll probably end up using it as a hotswap between trash beating and main tanking as I'm thinking about it...

Facepalm.

It is a DPS cloak, which is EXACTLY why -threat on it is so good. +threat is a serious drawback against tough rednames if you are not tanking.

Ever seen a MOTU Epic Elite redname aggroswap because some idiot DPS melee was too dumb to remove their Claw set? Tank loses aggro, three people die as Tharmalos one-shots or two-shots them, pots are wasted and the fight takes much longer than it needed to.

Of course if you are a melee that is mostly about DPS but can tank if needed (Barb with Toughness, Kensai in plate, Monk that's trained Earth Stance, whatever) you probably would make both cloaks, wear the Wolf one most of the time, then put on the Bear cloak in those situations where you wind up tanking.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

The clerics trader now has CL20 death ward potions for one commendation.

I looked there hoping that the star of day would have a trade back option like the Cormyrian items on the challenge guys. No such luck with that. If a dev is reading this, make it so!

The druids trader now has potions of restoration (not lesser or greater) for 1 commendation.

Community Member

I love the melee cloaks, -threat on a dps item is something that just makes sense and I'm glad to finally see it.

As for the combat mastery on the tanky cloak, that also seems logical. Stalwarts have pretty poor DPS and you can feel pretty useless in non raids, being able to CC some mobs via tactics/intim seems a pretty reasonable path to take.

Don't really dig the Dragon cloak though, if it had superior/greater arcane lore instead of potency it'd be a real winner.

Those cloaks are real nice, especially the dragon one. Definitely a nice one for Divines for the spell mastery alone. All this Potency and Spellcasting Implement bonus on stuff is kind of strange though; only the highest one applies and yet I'm ending up with 3-4 potencys and 2-3 spellcasting implements making much of my gear redundant. Gives me at least 1 reason to run the new challenges, for a little bit.
    Honkin • Diaari • Baz • Shankiee • Tranzcend • Diaana • Diaarti

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

thanks shade, I deleted lamma land at U14

Would it be too much to ask for a better dodge bonus on the Cloak of the Wolf?
    I can get 4% dodge from a lvl 14 item. It would be a nice nod towards monks that want to go a stance other than Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayseifn View Post
    Don't really dig the Dragon cloak though, if it had superior/greater arcane lore instead of potency it'd be a real winner.
    Agreed, I'd like to see major arcane lore released into the game. That's not asking too much considering, I can get greater arcane lore at level 12 and major arcane lore is possible at level 18. I can't see the game being ready to implement superior arcane lore, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    Would it be too much to ask for a better dodge bonus on the Cloak of the Wolf?
    Yes, it would be too much to ask... Because dodge bonuses stack... A new 5% dodge bonus isn't 1% higher for everyone using a 4% item... it's 5% higher, because they could wear the new 5% dodge item AND the 4% dodge item..

Now, I wonder if they could make an item that has 4% dodge AND 1% dodge on it... That could be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast