Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    What is the source of this fact? I have never seen a dev mention what the level progression of tomes is in the loot table, apparently you have seen a post about this, could I get a link?

Impaqt mentions, deal and the demon on hard, so level 24, maybe a loot gem going to 25/26. The progression may not be what you think it is.
    Thousands of players. wiki. etc.
    It was accurate for U13. If things have changed in U14, well thats what well figure out.

Due to the high vargueness of the replies tho on that subject, i'd like a screenshot evidence of tomes outside the range ive specified.

re: End rewards having +3s below lvl23: Yes end rewards are higher loot tables. Generally at least +2 for normal. Not new for U14, tho functions a lil differnet now. Like to see a +3 in a non 23 chest, not reward.
    Last edited by Shade; 08-08-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NytCrawlr View Post
    Also, the majority of +2s that I have received in my DDO life, have been via Von 3's end reward. Even on elite, and even if the end rewards were based off of what setting you completed the quest on back when I received these, it would still not add up to 15+.
    yea that seems way off. ss or it never happened..

personally ive gotten +2s from von3 and von2 actually. though that was years ago back when the lvl10/11ish loot table had em. They upd to to 15/16 at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Your level guide is wrong. +2s do not drop in Gianthold Elite walkups without a gem, I've had +1s in Trial By Fire elite farming (and I don't run that quest enough times to hit ransack penalties because I get bored of it before then).

OTOH +2s drop in elite Orchard now (since U12 actually), so I'm confident that 16 is the cutoff point.
    Orchard = lvl14 area. I've seen a screesnhot of a +2 tome in orchard explorer area. ( +1 loot weekend was active (and that was only loot boost they had).

Its possible due to the heavy farming done in the gianthold walkups, they devs gave them a negative modifier on those chests.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    yea that seems way off. ss or it never happened..

personally ive gotten +2s from von3 and von2 actually. though that was years ago back when the lvl10/11ish loot table had em. They upd to to 15/16 at some point.
    They upped it to 17 at that time, then dropped it a little in U12. Shade thinks to 15, I think to 16, there seems to be some evidence for both so far.

17 was a very obvious fact when the level cap was 14 and 16 though (at 14 cap, the only unbound +2s came from Elite Litany and from the increased loot of warded chests in Reaver and the then-unbeatable Abbot, at 16 cap Vale walkups dropped +1s on Normal and +2s on Hard).

Also end rewards right now seem to be +1 loot over whatever the quest normally offers on the difficulty setting you ran it, with the exception of raids (which seem to drop higher than that). Hence +3 tomes in EN VON3 end rewards and EH Faerun chain #1.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

july 29th
    “A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.”
    ― Philip K. phallus

I've seen 10+ and personally pulled 7 +4 tomes in Deal and Demon, non end chest. When my alts are off ransack and I get lucky enough to see/pull another this week I'll post it up with a screenshot for "confirmed" proof. Been doing it Epic Elite.

Quote Originally Posted by camels View Post

july 29th
    Thx for screenshot.. But yea what quest/difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    I've seen 10+ and personally pulled 7 +4 tomes in Deal and Demon, non end chest. When my alts are off ransack and I get lucky enough to see/pull another this week I'll post it up with a screenshot for "confirmed" proof. Been doing it Epic Elite.
    wow your lucky.. I ransacked that chest, in a full grp.. 5 times. None of us got one.

wow your lucky.. I ransacked that chest, in a full grp.. 5 times. None of us got one.
    I've been doing it with all my lvl 20 alts to ransack since expansion. But yeah pretty lucky. Odds probably in my favor with how many times it's been done.

Thx for screenshot.. But yea what quest/difficulty?
    Normal end reward for "Well Well Well"... I mean "Don't Drink The Water".
    “A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.”
    ― Philip K. phallus

Quote Originally Posted by camels View Post
    Normal end reward for "Well Well Well"... I mean "Don't Drink The Water".
    More info backing up my hypothesis that end rewards are +1 loot over the quest's normal loot level. Well Well Well is a level 22 quest base on EN and 23 is well-known to be the +3 cutoff.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

ive got a +3 wis and a +3 con tome out of ToD. and it wasnt my 20th
    Thelanis~Leader Children of Death
    alts include
    Demondim Bloodguard,Perfector Aggressive,Kogler Goldtooth,Phooku,Herem Prothal,Firebrande Phoenix series, Castdown

Quote Originally Posted by shastacola View Post
    ive got a +3 wis and a +3 con tome out of ToD. and it wasnt my 20th
    End reward yea? seem similar reports. Difficulty?

I'd even believe hard and not elite tho, pretty sure raid end rewards are at least +2 loot table atm.

By my accounts ToD Elite end reward was identical to my last Dragon EE end reward. ml21/22 loot, so prolly a lvl23 loot table.

End rewards are very weird. In the past - ALL of my dragon EE end rewards were top tier ml25/celestial/planeforged. Only one that was worse was during the +2 loot.

Though i confirmed all my party member got the top tier on dragon, so was just some random fluke or bad loot or something on my part.

PS: I'm also interesting in knowing if you guys found +2 Tomes, in what should be loot lvl23+.
    Pretty sure the table don't double the tomes up, so that woudl be a good indication a certian reward or chest may be worse then usual, or that my lvl ranges are off.

Got an unbound +3 tome in end chest of EEChrono 2 days ago.
    No loot boost of any kind

+3 in end reward for EH LoD

Due to the high vargueness of the replies tho on that subject, i'd like a screenshot evidence of tomes outside the range ive specified.
    Due to the vagueness of your level range, I would like a link to a dev confirmation of it. (we can both play this game)

Pretty sure there was a post related to this, that I am still trying to find, that came about with the whole "OMG! +3 Tomes in the store, P2W!!!!" from either Madfloyd or possibly Eladrin giving something of a breakdown.

Regardless, and I am pretty sure end rewards follow only the base level of the quest on normal and don't adjust for playing hard or elite, but I got an unbound +3 drop yesterday for House of Rusted Blades, which is a base level 22 quest.

Addendum: Wasn't aware of the end reward +1 thing that Sirgog mentioned, which makes sense, and I will keep that in mind in the future.

I will also concede the Von 3 end reward +2 tome thing since that has been awhile and loot tables were probably adjusted since then.
    Last edited by NytCrawlr; 08-12-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    Argonnessen

Nyess Malwyss Daireann Tylesia Shideh

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

I have no idea where I am pulling +3 tomes from. I dump everything on my hagglebard. Just noticed the other day that tomes I thought were +2s were +3s.... so I'm guessing they are from content not usually where I find +3s which is why I didn't check. Definitely more common. +4 int from dragon the otehr day but no screenshot. It just seems a lot more common.

No ss, but saw a +3 wis tome drop in the hidden chest in the lost thread on hard... for a rogue. I also got a +3 con tome as an end reward for the lost thread on normal, but I also thought difficulty level did not affect end reward, unless you're talking heroic/epic.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    No ss, but saw a +3 wis tome drop in the hidden chest in the lost thread on hard... for a rogue. I also got a +3 con tome as an end reward for the lost thread on normal, but I also thought difficulty level did not affect end reward, unless you're talking heroic/epic.
    As of U14, difficulty does effect end rewards. To a great degree. Epic Elite seems to get as much as +6 to the table for select quests/raids. Very easy to tell given EE raids atm are the only source of maximum tier armor shields (planeforged/celestial) and certain very rare suffix/prefixes.

The optional spider chest is one of those chests that have special tables on EE, that allow +4 tomes. So it may have a special increased chance for +3s on hard despite being only loot lvl22. Or just simply +1 loot table. So still need more reports on that to confirm it.
    Last edited by Shade; 08-12-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast