Default Run Speed per hour

EDIT: I was unaware of a way more extensive post with KmH and swim speed included also at http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=232590

Some Speed comparisons to give you an idea of speed differences:
    Base walk speed is roughly 1066.5uH (non barb/monk)
    Run speed of lvl 18 monk with pendant + sprint 2.3KuH
    Monk max speed 3.1 KuH

In the search to the best and fastest character out there it may be useful to know what speed your character has so you can compare this in a practical way rather then what stats on equipment say (due to these numbers not always being correct).

You need to know distance + time.

Distance can be found by typing /loc in chat, it will show LX and LY coordinates, make sure you start at the beginning of a unit and end at the end of a unit.

Time is easily measured with a stopwatch. For a proper result you start before the actual starting point and finish behind the actual finishing point so you are at full speed when running through these points. The more unit the track contains the better the result, repeat it a few times so you are sure your time is correct.

From there on it's easy to calculate by reducing time to 1 second and then expand it into 1 hour, here an example of that:
    10 Units / 24.6 = 0.406 units per second x 3600 = 1463.4 Units per Hour or 1.46KuH

Offcourse it's useful to know how big a coördination unit is. So I made this picture to display the size of 1 unit to give you an idea.
    Last edited by AidanRyuko; 08-08-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Time Bandit

Um you can refer to my thread on run speeds here:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=232590

Basically, the ox and oy in /loc measure distances in meters, and the decimals give the location down to nearest centimeter. We know it's meters because Turbine gives the airship (exterior) lengths in meters and they match up with the coordinates given by /loc. The lx and ly are somewhat "bigger" areas; for example, in the Harbor each lx or ly corresponds to 20 meters (a change of 20 in ox or oy coordinates), although it's not always the same amount (this is the most common though).

Base run speed is around 7 m/s. Base swim speed is around 5.25 m/s. Each point of swim gives 1% faster speed to your base swim speed. The thread also gives a method for determining run speeds with an error of less than 1%, which is how I was able to accurately determine the various bonuses to run speed.

Also, keep in mind that nowadays, the "effects" log in your chat window will also give the bonus to movement speed, so it will directly say when you equip your striding 30% boots that they are giving a 24% enhancement modifier to movement speed. The quiver of alacrity gives you 26% enhancement modifier even though it's also a striding 30% item, so it's actually slightly better than "regular" striding 30% items.

Wish I've seen that thread.. put quite some time in making this.