Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Quendishir View Post
    3.) Trappers tend to be...stupid. Very stupid. I've seen far too many rogues and artificers decide not to speak up when there's a trap, just stop and not even search for a good ten seconds. So, someone runs ahead since the guy doesn't say anything, triggers the trap, and then the trapper speaks up.
    We don't speak on Cannith.

But just to be sure I'm clear; others shouldn't expect you to heal, but you expect them to remove traps for you?
    Last edited by Lleren; 08-14-2012 at 04:07 AM.
    Occasionally playing on Cannith

Llyren, Kelda and some others.

1.) People don't want to roll healers. In fact, showing up with a Cleric or Favored Soul generally leads to the assumption that you are going to heal.
    the healer in the group wouldn't toss me a heal. It's not like I was dropping in one hit, because I wasn't. He'd let me take four or five hits then die. Then, he'd blame me.
    *cough*

I think the biggest obstacles to playing a divine are:
    1) Needing a thick skin against blame from others and yourself
    2) Resources
    3) Update 14 made it harder to multitask (no more 75% bonus from clickies and pots)

Regarding assumptions, I hope you don't ever assume that rogues disarm traps or arcanes cast buffs. I understand the concept of a self healing offensive caster. Just last night our group was joined by a FvS who straight up said he wouldn't heal. That's fine, we got a hireling. Later the hireling died, and he'd stand watching with 900+ SP while I scroll healed the party. It felt a bit silly, but I bit my tongue.

If DDO groups are a competition for the biggest kill count, that's fine. However, healing spells are divine classes' main distinguishing property and their greatest strength. If you are trying to work together for a common goal (finish the quest), then you use your strengths for that purpose. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team

P.S. Pugs are worst at low levels. It gets better (but also more demanding) at higher levels.
    Last edited by stoerm; 08-14-2012 at 05:38 AM.
    Don't feed the trolls.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

4.) General inconsiderate pricks. People expect far too much out of other people. Playing on my sorcerer earlier, I was on my game, popping Shades and Wraiths as they appeared. However, more often than not I'd be the only one doing so, and the healer in the group wouldn't toss me a heal. It's not like I was dropping in one hit, because I wasn't. He'd let me take four or five hits then die. Then, he'd blame me.
    All arcanes should be able to self heal.

When on a divine I make it a point not to heal arcanes unless I see them stunned/tripped etc as it is SO easy to build for self healing and incredibly important.

Natural selection, baby!

As for people running past trappers and dying...well maybe the trapper should have said something but if you don't know the quest, deciding NOT to run past the rogue/arti that just stopped sounds pretty reasonable.

Haven't encountered any non-self healing arcane warforges. Not taking repair spells on them is straight up stupid. Sounds like an isolated incident.

As for there being a lack of healers while TRing...well I bring my own heals and solo a lot with an lfm up ("elite bravery, IP, BYOH" etc etc). I get plenty of divines hitting my lfms, probably because they know the quest will go quickly and smoothly and they won't have to deal with anyone leeching their bluebar away. The divines are out there, you just need to entice them by pretending not to need them .

When on a divine, if I see a group of 4 fighters and an arcane I don't know looking to do elite sins of attrition, and they are looking for clr/fvs only...erm, hell no. Divines seem non-existant at times because 80%+ of them are not going to hit that lfm, and of that 20% that might consider it, none of them are the good ones are because they could just solo it faster and more painlessly.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lleren View Post
    We don't speak on Cannith.

But just to be sure I'm clear; others shouldn't expect you to heal, but you expect them to remove traps for you?
    Well yes, when the rogue or artificer says upon entering the group, "I can disable traps" or the Divine says, "I'm a healer", I expect them to, I dunno'....do what they said?

My bad, next time I'll ignore what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    *cough*

I think the biggest obstacles to playing a divine are:
    1) Needing a thick skin against blame from others and yourself
    2) Resources
    3) Update 14 made it harder to multitask (no more 75% bonus from clickies and pots)
    I play a tank and a healer on WoW. I've been a relatively successful fleet commander in EVE Online. Thick skin comes with each and every one of those jobs (and as I Said, having played with a lot of Aussies helps!).

Regarding assumptions, I hope you don't ever assume that rogues disarm traps or arcanes cast buffs. I understand the concept of a self healing offensive caster. Just last night our group was joined by a FvS who straight up said he wouldn't heal. That's fine, we got a hireling. Later the hireling died, and he'd stand watching with 900+ SP while I scroll healed the party. It felt a bit silly, but I bit my tongue.
    As I said, I don't make assumptions. However, when they are asked and answer that they do, in fact, perform X role....shouldn't it then be logical to assume they will perform that role?

If DDO groups are a competition for the biggest kill count, that's fine. However, healing spells are divine classes' main distinguishing property and their greatest strength. If you are trying to work together for a common goal (finish the quest), then you use your strengths for that purpose. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team

P.S. Pugs are worst at low levels. It gets better (but also more demanding) at higher levels.
    I'm starting to see that. I was in a group last night where a HOrc Barbarian was being played by a little kid. I'm talking he sounded like he was around twelve. He didn't understand why he was dying, so I asked him to list off his stats.

19/8/8/14/14/12 (something like that; I know he didn't touch Dexterity or Constitution)

I explained why he needed Constitution and Dexterity and suggested he go reroll his character. He listened, did so, and we leveled him up a bit more. It's amazing how much better he did! Seems I have a lot more tolerance when it comes to kids in this game...

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    All arcanes should be able to self heal.

When on a divine I make it a point not to heal arcanes unless I see them stunned/tripped etc as it is SO easy to build for self healing and incredibly important.
    What self-heals? Pots?

Natural selection, baby!
    I should really consider this.

As for people running past trappers and dying...well maybe the trapper should have said something but if you don't know the quest, deciding NOT to run past the rogue/arti that just stopped sounds pretty reasonable.
    Could be lag. Lord knows that happens far too often to me for no reason on their end. =/

Haven't encountered any non-self healing arcane warforges. Not taking repair spells on them is straight up stupid. Sounds like an isolated incident.
    It...really isn't. I think of the five groups I ran on my FvS two nights ago, one had a healing Warforged. The rest didn't take Healer's Friend, and so in the glorious name of Satan I allowed them to be smitten by the Undeads.

As for there being a lack of healers while TRing...well I bring my own heals and solo a lot with an lfm up ("elite bravery, IP, BYOH" etc etc). I get plenty of divines hitting my lfms, probably because they know the quest will go quickly and smoothly and they won't have to deal with anyone leeching their bluebar away. The divines are out there, you just need to entice them by pretending not to need them .

When on a divine, if I see a group of 4 fighters and an arcane I don't know looking to do elite sins of attrition, and they are looking for clr/fvs only...erm, hell no. Divines seem non-existant at times because 80%+ of them are not going to hit that lfm, and of that 20% that might consider it, none of them are the good ones are because they could just solo it faster and more painlessly.
    Sadly, this is my first playthrough of the game. While working with Impaqt's Evoker build, I'm still not completely set on how to properly solo.
    VIP-P2P//Cannith: Aidengerard Vorlan (Level 16 Favored Soul - Angel of Vengeance); Throatpunch (Level 17 Light Monk); Lawlbubble (Level 15 Paladin - Hunter of the Dead); Lawlshock (Level 13 Sorcerer - Air Savant)

....So when I join a group and it's assumed I heal, I don't speak up ....... 3.) Trappers tend to be...stupid. Very stupid. I've seen far too many rogues and artificers decide not to speak up when there's a trap, just stop and not even search for a good ten seconds.
    By golly Q! - this is a cracking initial barrage to get the OP rocking ....

In my limited experience of trapping, it leads me to believe the 10 sec delay u noted above is often used to respec gear to optimise spot / search / disable / reflex save / buff etc, to max the chance of sucessfully trapping on ist attempt. Then of course there's the unseen delay of respecing your gear back to meet the demands of other tasks in the game ..... like killing

Inconsiderate pricks seem to populate most of the groups I've been part of. I'm not exactly the most patient guy around ...
    4.) General inconsiderate pricks.
    .....but there are far too many people who dish out insults at moment's notice.
    I appreciate that the process of adjustment (either in RL or in DDO) can be frustrating .... but I have to wonder if letting DDO players know (via forums) what your underlying thoughts about them may be, is going to ultimtely enhance your adjustment to DDO or not?

My responses in Lime
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnofEntropy View Post
    Who wouldn't want to see Flizik the dwarf jamming to 'Devil went down to georgia' and smoking a pipe ...

After posting a 20-23 shroud elite, filling first 10, than waiting10 min........I changed to heal yourself, filled, and fun was had by all.

Completed (didn't hurt that our 12 ended up being a fs.). Filling groups is frustrating, easier if you man up and ignore healers. Had a barb and other melee, only one left once converted to heal yourself.

Most things can be soloed, most raids can be done by 4 strong players.....just get going!!!
    Varr's all over. Cannith Varr getting the love currently.

I abandoned the Cannith server for this exact reason. Lack of LFG's. I just can't find them, so why should I bother playing on this server? That's why I started playing on the Aggro server; no server is perfect, of course, but it's way better. It's a shame too, I gave up a lot leaving this server for Aggro (Characters with a bunch of greensteel stuff, veteran status that I regained recently, 32 point builds, exc.), but I had no other choice. I am not coming back to this server due to it's lack of playability with other players.

If you choose to stay, I wish you luck in finding groups. Otherwise, if I were you, I would just jump ship and play on another server that's more crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    I gave up a lot leaving this server for Aggro (Characters with a bunch of greensteel stuff, veteran status that I regained recently, 32 point builds, exc.), but I had no other choice. I am not coming back to this server due to it's lack of playability with other players.
    Can I have your stuff?

When there isn't an LFM up or at level guildies online, I start a quest solo and leave the LFM open. Sometimes people join, sometimes not. *shrug*
    Don't feed the trolls.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12